I made a scanner from the printer I made earlier. I drew a test page and also scanned a print I made on the same frame from when it was a printer... re-digitized. It uses the color sensor. The digitized image is saved to the EV3 memory where I can download it on the computer as shown in the last image below. It's pretty crude but it's a good proof-of-concept I could improve on. Anybody else done this?

SEJMAHhh.jpg

XbPqFikh.jpg

0PR2e2zh.jpg

p3RRkhrh.jpg

X4lkcFqh.jpg

y4lG5fyb.jpg

Anybody else done this?

You know what ? You're a genius!

Indeed, one can see some scanners on YouTube, but it does detract from your merit.

I am always amazed when I see stuff like this. I also have an EV3 but this stuff is still way out of my league. Do you have a blog or video in which you explain how you managed to do this? For instance I am curious to find out what program language you used and how you learned to use that. In any case, awesome job. Very inspiring to see.

Pretty cool stuff. With your printer you have the makings of an EV3 photocopier or a bluetooth fax machine. :thumbup:

I saw your printer already, but was speechless and didnt really know what to reply with except WFT .... Im definately not new to LEGO, but the whole world of technics is something i wished that ive had started to practice my skills with earlier on in my life.

Now this scanner of yours. Its to me just beyond insane awesomeness.

I cant even begin to comprehend how this is possible ( I know its "just a matter of software and programming skills").But still, out of LEGO. :look:

Awesome awesome job with this. :wub::thumbup:

Edited by KlodsBrik