Sign in to follow this  
Rook

Rook's Republic Tank

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Republic Planetary Marauder: W60C3

The Marauder is designed for planetary defense against various sizes of landing craft. It has broad beam laser cannon and a maximum sustained blast up to 60 seconds. Recharge time is a maximum of 30 seconds. Tank includes independent suspension and a crew of 3.

Image of Tank:

P1010649.jpg

Image of Crew in Tank:

P1010660.jpg

Image of Crew:

P1010665.jpg

Gallery

SMEGGING AWESOME 'Rook' ! :grin:

I just love the details all over this tank, wide beam laser eh - nasty sun burn you could get from that ? :laugh:

Driver's, commander's ang gunnery positions in the tank look great, excellent trim work too !

Great job building this 'Rook' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm not sure if the sappies are afraid of a lightbulb! :grin:

Just joking, but seriously nice job on the details, is this a successor to the TX-130 fighter tank?

Rockets away! :skull:

Rook, this looks amazing. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it showed up on the shelves.

I don't see anything that I think needs to be changed. I look forward to your next MOC. Great job.

That is awesome!! I love the shot with the laser, you really nailed it.

I thought it was a hover tank at first, but the treads are protected so nicely.

I really like the color scheme too, this is one noce piece of work!!!

Neat. The treads look great, and the laser is a nice touch. I like how you did the front- looks like you already dissassembled your swamp speeder. :grin:

I can't say anything. This is too awesome. I'm afraid that if I say anything, Eurobricks will collapse from the amount of praise mixed with awesomeness in one topic. :thumbup::tongue:

Neat. The treads look great, and the laser is a nice touch. I like how you did the front- looks like you already dissassembled your swamp speeder. :grin:

Just one of them. :blush:

That's great, Rook! I love it! Great use of those stickered parts, and the inclusion of the light brick is indeed a nice touch!

Keep it up!

Rook, this looks amazing. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it showed up on the shelves.

Absolutely agree! :thumbup:

Sweet! And it has a light up brick...that kind of touch always puts a model "over the top" for me. :classic:

Another Brilliant MOC from a brilliant builder! I must say I am a huge mark for your work. I have looked at more than one LSW forum and I always look to see if you have put up any new MOC's. You should see if Lego is hiring designers because they could do far worse than to give you a job. Ok I have to stop with the complements cause everyone might think I have a man-crush on you! Please keep a sub par MOCer's hopes up to get better!

Another Brilliant MOC from a brilliant builder! I must say I am a huge mark for your work. I have looked at more than one LSW forum and I always look to see if you have put up any new MOC's. You should see if Lego is hiring designers because they could do far worse than to give you a job. Ok I have to stop with the complements cause everyone might think I have a man-crush on you! Please keep a sub par MOCer's hopes up to get better!

Thanks I did try out for the Legoland CA spot back 2006 when they took the top 3 builders from 7 US cities. Sadly I had just come out of my dark ages and had no idea how good the other contests were. I had spent the previous 2 weeks in Japan returned on Thursday and drove down to NYC on Friday morning. No chance of practing my MOC and slighty jet lagged. I did make top 7 for NYC but did not make top 3. Fortunately though I'm kind of glad I didn't make it because the starting pay back then was a mere 30,000 and living in SoCal. Although the location would be nice cost of living down where wouldn't be worth it for only 30,000. I haven't made less the 30,000 since 2001 when I was a student. :tongue:

That being said I would love it if TLG gave me a call some day and asked me to design for them. There are a lot better designers out there then me, but what I focus on, that makes me different than most of them, is playability. :thumbup:

I %100 agree with you sir. Playability is an absolute must IMO. Having a ship or set is great, but to see the innerworkings and the whys that make a ship or set work is part of the enjoyment that is Lego. Also having things be almost or completely minifig scale is of the utmost importance. I believe George Lucas himself wanted people to see the small little parts and pieces that made up his galaxy (the Death Star comes to mind). You do great work and I am happy to say that I am part of a forum you and the other great builders on this site are in. Keep up the fantastic MOCing!

Not surprised at all Rook.

A very good MOC with alot of great details. Nice and original overall.

Good luck in the competition.

For those of you that are curious, this is what the frame looked like.

p1010710.jpg

So it has suspension too? :oh: You truly are into play features! :tongue: It's been said before, and I'll say it again: Great job! You should totally get in touch with TLC!

Incredible! Well done, Rook! keep it up!

You should totally get in touch with TLC!

So should legostien! Where is he anyways? i haven't seen him in a while.

So it has suspension too? :oh: You truly are into play features! :tongue: It's been said before, and I'll say it again: Great job! You should totally get in touch with TLC!
Tank includes independent suspension…

But of course! :thumbup: I said it better thought I should prove it too. :tongue:

Nice, solid looking tank Rook. Reminds me somewhat of the Mammoth tank from Command & Conquer mixed with the single barreled Siege Tank from Starcraft. The play features are great: you got suspension in there which is very, very cool and who doesn't like a cannon that 'fires' light?

Great work, cheers for sharing it with us. Best of luck in the contest!