Klaus-Dieter

We want the amazing 4999 Vestas Wind Power Plant!

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Yesterday we got the amazing news of an promo set of Vestas, the 4999 Vestas Wind Power Plant. It's such an awesome set :oh::wub::oh::wub::oh::wub: that I can't believe that and don't understand why it shouldn't be available to non-Vestas-customers :cry_sad::devil::sad: !

Since legomilk wrote that it might help if we sent emails to TLG which include that we really much want to buy this set, I thought it would be the best to open a topic where everybody signs in who wants and would buy this set - and after that beg Copmike for sending it to TLG.

So please sign it in order to let this brilliant set become real for us! :sweet:

I really want it so much - I'd spend all my money I can get in order to buy it!!!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I just LOVE promos, and this is just so cool. I am up for buying the set if possible.

Morten

I don't get what you are trying to do? But I want it

Edited by Skipper 24

I would want it TLG!!!

I want that Lego please!!!

Lord Santos 's-email-franciscojjls@netcabo.pt

Ps: Skipper 24 we are going to "sign" a petition so that Copmike can send it to TheLegoGroup

i will join the petition and try to gather some votes on slovenian forum...

I feel it is the best set of the decade. I want it and will sign a petition.

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

count me in on this.

PS Thanks Klaus-Dieter! You have the spirit of a rebel and I love all your attempts to improve the rights for the consumer!

Me too! that looks like such a great set that would make any city/town more realistic! :wub:

dp

count me in on this.

PS Thanks Klaus-Dieter! You have the spirit of a rebel and I love all your attempts to improve the rights for the consumer!

Thank you very much, Zzz! :sweet:

I do this only because I want the set, too! :wink::laugh:

BTW: I just now sent an email to the Lego's cutomers' service:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Ich habe gestern im Internet ein neues Promo-Set, nämlich das „Vestas Wind Power Plant“ Set mit der Produktnummer 4999 gesehen. Heute habe ich in einem Forum gelesen, dass dieses Set nur für Kunden und Angestellte der Firma Vestas erhältlich sein wird. Darüber bin ich als ELF und langjähriger Lego (nicht nur S@H) Kunde sehr unglücklich, da ich dieses Set auch für sehr viel Geld kaufen würde, denn es ist ein Meiserwerk an Baukunst, fabelhaften Ideen und aufwändigen und liebevollen Details. Natürlich ist mir wohl bewusst, dass die Lego Company, nachdem sie sich nur auf eine sehr begrenzte Anzahl an Exemplaren eingestellt hat, nicht so schnell ihren Entschluss ändern will oder/und kann. Noch dazu würde es wahrscheinlich auch Komplikationen mit eventuellen Lizenzvereinbarungen von Vestas geben. Ich – und ich weiß mit großer Sicherheit, dass viele andere Lego (City) Fans auch meiner Meinung sind – würde mich jedenfalls sehr darüber freuen, wenn dieses Set auch für Nicht-Vestas-Kunden/Angestellte erhältlich sein würde. Zudem wäre es wirklich sehr schade, wenn an einem solch erstklassiges Set nur ein paar ganz wenigen Menschen (die vielleicht nicht einmal Legofans sind) teilhaben könnten. Würde das Set auch auf Lego S@H erhältlich sein, könnten Sie garantiert mit mir als Käufer rechnen!

Für eine baldige Antwort wäre ich Ihnen sehr dankbar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

----------

I hope that the email and our "sign-ins" will help to convince TLG to release this awesome set for us.

Let's hope! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Ohhhh yes, I would love to have this set available! It's an amazing set, one of the best Lego's produced in a long time, and I'd probably buy it in multiples if I could!

Consider me signed!

~Trexxen

I will definately purchase this set if it becomes available. It is clearly one of the best "town" style sets to be created in a long time.

Eilif

Yesterday we got the amazing news of an promo set of Vestas, the 4999 Vestas Wind Power Plant. It's such an awesome set :oh::wub::oh::wub::oh::wub: that I can't believe that and don't understand why it shouldn't be available to non-Vestas-customers :cry_sad::devil::sad: !

The reason these kind of sets aren't available to the general public is that companies pay TLC lots of money to produce a set that only that company can distribute, thus making it very desirable indeed. That being said, all is not lost. 8 or so years ago the Velux window company had a promotional LEGO house set that they offered for sale on their website after realizing how much interest there was for it in the AFoL community. It's possible that if there were enough demand TLC might pass that info on to Vesta. So, I'll put my name on the list. If this set were available, I would buy 2.

I agree with The BrickRat, if TLC wants to re-release they will need Vestas' permission, otherwise it would probably violate the 'exclusive' clause of their contract.

That said, I would certainly buy this set if it was available. At the very least, it would be nice if they posted instructions so we can see how it's done.

Edited by svelte_corps

I´m not very convinced that this petition will have any success, but hey - at least we tried. :classic:

Count me in for one copy! :grin:

Windmill for everyone ON!