Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia Sign-ups-CLOSED

Eurobricks Mafia Forum's first "All-Star" Mafia Game.

post-486-129894532078.jpg

The Forest

A FABULAND Mafia Game

Once upon a time, in the world of FABULAND, deep in the Dark Forest, was the little village of Spring Haven. Spring Haven was a peaceful, happy place where the Sun always shone and the flowers always bloomed. All of the residents of Spring Haven were happy...and adorable. But the Dark Forest surrounding them was steeped in legends of deadly other-worldly creatures that enjoyed feasting on adorable happy anthropomorphic beings. As our story begins, the people of Spring Haven were about to find out the source of those legends...

Disclaimer

• As this is an All-Star game, only experienced players will be picked. Those who have played more will be given higher consideration and those with Mafia Appreciation tags take precedence. I'm so so sorry to those of you who are disappointed by this. I hope I can make it up to you with another FABULAND mafia game in the future.
  • Please help me out by understanding if you don't get selected. It will be very hard to select just 24 participants. If you are too busy to fully concentrate on the game or feel you could step aside and give a slot to someone else, please try to think realistically about your ability to commit before signing up.
  • This game uses some advanced game mechanics, so please do not sign up if you can't read a simple PM or clarify things if you don't understand them. You must be able to be proactive in getting the best out of your role.

To sign-up, please provide the following information:

1. Your favorite FABULAND set and why.
  2. Spell the word "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE." Then demonstrate the difference between you're and your; their, there and they're; and to and too. Yes, I'm serious. Any wrong answers here and you are immediately disqualified.
  3. List all time conflicts/out-of-town or away-from-internet trips for the next 30 days.

Sign-ups will probably be quick and the confirmation and first day thread should be up by this coming weekend (March 5th).

So, um... :blush: Anybody interested?

Update:

Here is the final list of players for The Forest Mafia Game.

As it is an All-Star game, skill and experience were taken into consideration before anything else. The last few slots were very hard to fill and I'm very sorry to disappoint anybody. This time, it is true that no new people were given a chance. The Mafia School game will start soon and we'll see some more games around here before you know it. Please enjoy following along if you were not selected and feel free to comment on the game as it goes. Please accept my deepest apologies to those who are disappointed. :cry_sad:

No worries, though! There will be opportunity to play another FABULAND-themed game in the near future.

Participants:

badboytje88

Bob The Construction Man

Cornelius Murdock

def

Dragonator

Eskallon

Fugazi

Inconspicuous

I Scream Clone

iamded

Lord Arjay

professor flitwick

Quarryman

ricecracker

Rick

Rufus

Sandy

Scouts

Shadows

Stash2Sixx

TinyPiesRUs

Walter Kovacs

WhiteFang

Zepher

Reserves:

Roncanator

CallMePie

Peanuts

Those who will be playing, please PM me a bio of your mafia game play. I want to present the confirmation thread as a roster of all-stars and each of your sordid pasts as mafia players. :devil:

Me! Please! :cry_happy: I promise not to lie to you again!

For me, set 3673 popped out from the other Fabuland sets. What's not to love about a steam boat!? :sweet: Monkeys in sailor hats? Cute!

I don't think "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE" is the way you spell "definitely", definitely. You're a true whacko with your hammer. "You're", or "You are", is not the same as "your", a possessive. That is their decision to go there, and they're not going to change their minds. I must drive to the LEGO store to buy some Fabuland sets for myself, too, you know. "To" is a verb and "too" is an adverb. (In latin, "ad" means "to...", but this is not at all relevant :tongue: )

For the next 30-Days, I'm out a week next week. Weekends might be a little bumpy, but never am I totally without the intertubes.

Looking forward to cute, furry animals getting mauled D: !

I'm definitely interested in joining your game! From what I've seen, you're a great host.

I understand if I don't make it in against those with a Mafia Appreciation tag, they're a fine group and their tags are beautiful. There, I think that's it.

Ah, I forgot to show you my favourite Fabuland set! It would have to be Percy Pig's Wheelbarrow - either set 3615 or 325. I know it's rather small and simple, but that wheelbarrow is just too perfect!

No time conflicts as far as I know.

Oh, and you should add in two, would, wood, hair and hare to your "evaluation" :devil:

I will love to sign up for this latest mafia game of yours. I missed your hosting ever since Baritones I and II and both are of a high game standards.

This is my favourite Fabuland set and I even done a review for it when I first joined Eurobricks. It explains why I love it! :wub:

1.jpg

Is that word definite???

You are my friend and your LEGO belongs to me! Their games are boring and I can bet that there will be so much exciting fun in here. They are rushing in to sign up for this game, like myself too. :grin:

I will be around for the next 30 days.

I can definitely copy and paste the proper way to spell definitely from the posts above me. :tongue: Filter the proper spelling to some other word, and then let all the other spellings not be filtered. Haha. Just kidding.

You're crazy. Your game looks exciting. I like Fabuland figures, their heads are big. They're cute. There is a tree over yonder. I want to play in this game too.

I never had Fabuland (too young), but after a quick search, I like :Percy Pig with his Barrow", because pigs as Fabuland figures are my favorite, and that would be the cheapest way to get one.

Unless my internet gets consumed by a dragon, or my head gets separated from my body, I should be around for the whole time, minus like a day or two at most.

Is that word definate???

Noooooo.... :tongue: Try again.

I don't think "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE" is the way you spell "definitely", definitely. You're a true whacko with your hammer. "You're", or "You are", is not the same as "your", a possessive. That is their decision to go there, and they're not going to change their minds. I must drive to the LEGO store to by some Fabuland sets for myself, too, you know. "To" is a verb and "too" is an adverb. (In latin, "ad" means "to...", but this is not at all relevant :tongue: )

Should I add the difference between by and buy? :tongue:

Noooooo.... :tongue: Try again.

I was editing it right after I posted in a minute ago! You caught me. :cry_sad:

Am I an All Star? :look:

I know I didnt play very well in Bloodbrick's especially with you Hinck :tongue:. But I have managed to work with whatever team I have been placed in and use my night action (if I had one) effectively and get to most of the conclusions in the games I've played in. I get that I may not be the best player here and I know some people may take precidence but I certainly would love to play with the big boys. :sweet:

My favourite Fabuland set has to be the hopsital (347). Its because every fabuland set up has to have a place for the little figs to heal their boo boos. And whats not to love about Dr. Dog! :wub:

DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE is spelt definitely. The Difference between your and you're is you're is a contraction of you are and your is showing the possession of something. Their, there and they're: there is the place of something eg. its over there. They're is a contraction of they are eg. they're going to the movies. Their is showing possession of an object. To and too: Too exaggerates something. eg. It was too big. To expresses the objects movement to something else. eg. the ball went from there to there.

:grin:

I am able to participate for the next 30 days. Nothing should get in the way of this! :thumbup:

P.S. I hope you don't mutilate you fabuland figs. :devil:

Edited by Roncanator

Should I add the difference between by and buy? :tongue:

Whatever do you mean? I reread my post and it's all good. 5417408592_e1aaa98317_o.gif . Don't worry, trust me! I'm not scum :blush: .

Copycat! :angry:

Haha, didn't even read the other applications, my apologies. :wub: I guess great minds just think alike.

I know I am not an all-star, but I will watch with anticipation. Beside, Hinck would try to kill me off the whole game :laugh::tongue:

* Your favorite FABULAND set and why.

- I really love the FABULAND Train Station. The degree of greeble on it surpassed other FABULAND sets, plus the color scheme was elegant.

* Spell the word "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE." Then demonstrate the difference between you're and your; their, there and they're; and to and too. Yes, I'm serious. Any wrong answers here and you are immediately disqualified.

-Definitely.

-You're is the contraction of you are, and your is a possessive.

-Their is a possessive, there is an adverb of location, they're is a contraction of they are.

-To is preposition usually indicating direction, while too is an adverb meaning in addition, or showing excess.

(by the way, "on a multicultural site, you should be more patient.")

* List all time conflicts/out-of-town or away-from-internet trips for the next 30 days.

-I'm moving on March 29. Assuming I'm alive, I can play from my phone.

* Your favorite FABULAND set and why.

- I really love the FABULAND Train Station. The degree of greeble on it surpassed other FABULAND sets, plus the color scheme was elegant.

megablocks kisser. :tongue:

It won't hurt to try to get in the game.

1.) I'm going to go with the Cottage set as my favorite. Come on, a cat and a mouse have a time-share together. I hope they don't pick the same weekends to be there. If the mouse mysteriously disappears, you know who the police dog's prime suspect will be. Is that racial profiling?

2.) Definitely. D-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y. Definitely. Did I win the Spelling Bee?

3.) I have nothing planned that I'll be away from my computer for a few hours at a time.

It won't hurt to try to get in the game.

1.) I'm going to go with the Cottage set as my favorite. Come on, a cat and a mouse have a time-share together. I hope they don't pick the same weekends to be there. If the mouse mysteriously disappears, you know who the police dog's prime suspect will be. Is that racial profiling?

2.) Definitely. D-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y. Definitely. Did I win the Spelling Bee?

3.) I have nothing planned that I'll be away from my computer for a few hours at a time.

Pfft. You skipped the other three parts of #2. :tongue:

megablocks kisser. :tongue:

Rim washer :thumbdown:

Rim washer :thumbdown:

Official FABULAND sets, not MOCS, doofus. You are not yet qualified. :tongue:

Whoops. Give me a break I'm typing with one finger while holding a screaming baby... who keeps spitting up... Ewww.

2b.) (or not 2b :wink: ) You're special because of the way your spelling is always perfect. Dont listen to anyone else because they're jealous that their spelling isn't as perfect over there. And that's all I'm going to say about that, too.

Edit: Changed ism't to isn't. Blame the squirming kid...

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Whoops. Give me a break I'm typing with one finger while holding a screaming baby... who keeps spitting up... Ewww.

I figured that was it but I still wrote down "Cornelius Murdock-can't follow directions." Although the Shakespeare reference may save you. :tongue:

1) 3784 Hugo Hog the Tinker. Now there's a trader I can admire. I wonder if he has any parchment on him as well? :wub:

3784-1.jpg?0

2) D-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y. You're out of your mind. You want me to use these words and demonstrate their differences? Too bad, it's not going to happen.

3) None.

Sign me up!

Okie Dokie... I've been out of the last two mafia games, and I'm thirsty for more...

1. My favorite Fabuland set is 121 Roadster, because it's a great start to Fabuland; it has a good figure, and it gives you a feel for the Fabuland style of building.

2. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y. Definitely. I can haz cookie? :cry_happy:! Ahem. On to the word graphs for your English lesson...

You're- You are. Contraction.

Your- Possessive case of the word "you".

Their- Possessive case; i.e. Their bowl of fruit loops.

There- A word. i.e. The Fabuland Mafia sign-ups are over there.

They're- They Are. Contraction.

To- A word; i.e. You are going to the Fabuland Mafia sign-ups.

Too- A word; i.e. I'm going to the Fabuland Mafia sign-ups, too!

3. Now that the English lesson is thankfully over and done with, I only have conflicts this week... I'll be gone all day Thursday. That's it.

I know I've only been in one true mafia game, but I made it pretty far into it! I hope I get in.

I'm so glad that you're running a Fabuland themed game! :wub: Your collection is very suitable for it. Seriously, there's definitely nothing better than a whole bunch of little furry animals getting together to cause some serious harm. They're so cute and innocent, particularly their faces. Just look at Mike the Monkey, isn't he adorable? And he is a drummer too! :thumbup:

Anyway, I would like to play please. I'm not a furry animal, but hopefully you have space for a dragon in there somewhere. :blush: I promise not to disappear, apart from usual daily commitments, that is. Pwease unca dinckley?

Official FABULAND sets, not MOCS, doofus. You are not yet qualified. :tongue:

Rewriting the rules? :hmpf_bad: How about some goddam consistency...

Rewriting the rules? :hmpf_bad: How about some goddam consistency...

Do I need to fetch my Whip of Unseemly Host Punishment already? :hmpf: