Angeli

Gladiator games

Hear yee hear yee! :)

Regarding Valentines Day that is to fall on us, the Drow of the Historica are organizing Gladiator Games, in tribute to our lovely matron mother, the queen Valsharess!

tarena-01.jpg

The games will be held in the city of Rilauvein, in the Nocturnus area. The Drow will provide safe passage in and out of Nocturnus for all participants.

Choose your champion, equip him(her) for fights in the arena pits and send him (her) here to represent you! All guilds invited!

- one champion per guild member

- requires at least one picture of him/her and a name ;) - post them in this thread -

- everything is allowed - any kind of armor, weapons, magic users, magic items, skills, gun-powder (nobody in the audience will like gun-powder weapons, just so you know:)), any type of race or creature; the arena is with open roof, so height and size also does not matter, and giants and trolls are also welcomed, and creatures with wings!

- there will be a special commentator that will relay us the details of the fights (with all the gore details)

The rules of the fights:

- Everything goes!

- All the teeth lost in the arena are property of the Drow and will be sold to dr Rod for future experiments!

- All the contestants are going to be pared up at 13th February. The paring will be random, and the winners will be chosen random (ever played AD&D games? Well, I will be using dices:)) or some computer program, or we will connect ourselves to some web page and let chance choose "1" or "2" :) in any case, the winner will be chosen totally random, and size and armor won't matter, so, go nuts ;) Do not come in just your bare skin, as much as we Drow applaud to that kind of exhibition, you will be squashed by fans ;)

- We will know the winner by the end of 14th February

- guild leaders can send their champions also, and they will overlook organization and fairness of games (but the Drow can not be controlled, keep that in mind!:))

- The fights will be held only if total of twenty (20) participants sign up - no limits for guilds

- Any guild member can join, even if he/she joined guild after this announcement

The prizes:

- two sets of complete armor and weapons from Drow adamantium - as pictured by our models :) (minifigs are not included, and in any case, would you like to have a couple of Drow lurking trough your castle?:))

tprize-01.jpg

Note: helmet, saber and shield are from brickTW, armor is from our guild member Thrash and his brickwarriors

- The winner will be given "The lord of the arena" title to boost in front of the girls (or "the mistress of the arena" if the winner is she, so she can glow in her beauty and strength in front of all insignificant others!:))

- The guild from who the winner is will be awarded a certain amount of gold coins, if guild leaders approve

- The winner will get few (which one and how many, it is secret for now) fantasy-castle oriented items from Thrash (brickwarriors). Picture will soon follow.

- "spice-up-you-heroine" pink armor&weapon set, including armor, helmet, hair, sword, staff, shield and bow (but not the minifig, pink Drow, it must be some kind of mischief:)

tpink-up.jpg

all items made by BrickTW

So come all and come now to the beautiful city of Rilauvein and show your skills! Impress the ladies! Earn honor for your guild! And win the arena!

Note: If you like this kind of game, this could be annual event, always related to the minifigs and little-time-consuming mocs, and with small armor/weapons prizes, to sweeten the pot, and next time we could organize the best entertainment minifig or the weirdest resident of the Historica

Important: this is just a game with intent to give us joy and fun :) do not forget that this are lego minifigs, not real people, and it is all just pretend ;)

Gladiators:

1) Lord Shale's (Scubacarrot) Gurnog the Sandgnome!.......2) Black Widow's (Quichybo) Sir Maulalot!

gurnog.jpg....VS....maualot.jpg

.....3) Lord Andoni's (Andonii) Elilan!..............................4) Derith's (rucorder) Sven the Mighty!.......

elilan.jpg....VS....sven.jpg

5) Jareth's (Jareth) Sir Blight!......................6) Finland Brick's (Finland Brick) Kloram!.......

blight.jpg....VS....kloram.jpg

7) Saladus Al Juhtiv's (Kayne) Dinin Do'Urden!........................8) Lord Xyver's (Xyver) DehGems!...................

dinin.jpg....VS....dehgems.jpg

9) Lord Darecold's (Hersbucher) Raachet!..................10) Sir Glorfindel's (soccerkid6) Beorn!.............

raachet.jpg....VS....beorn.jpg

11) Logan Alexander Redlake as (Ogre) Himself! (The Stone Ogre).......12) Baron Manfred's (SirSven7) Leon Berger!...............................

logan.jpg....VS....leon.jpg

13) Pengus Penguinius's (The Penguin) Golden Golem!............14) Jahi Khaldun Ibn Maib's (Jorgevorg) Ramses!

golem.jpg....VS....ramses.jpg

...............15) Jen as (charlieboy) Himself!..........................16) Ranger Kydern's (K.Kreations) Victorim!.........................

jen.jpg....VS....victorim.jpg

...............................................17) Nikutai Arfelan's (Niku) Firx Reat!........................18) Lord Malvadex's (Cij Daoke) Akatos Kaos!............................

firx.jpg....VS....akatos.jpg

19) Captain Velethuil's (Axel) Galaeron the Spear!...20) Grand Warlock Gza'ar's (Hexx) Lady Silia!

galaeron.jpg....VS....silia.jpg

21) Tafik Regex Marmota's (Nicemarmot) Wrrffgh!.................22) Chief Childeric's (Khorne) Havardr!.........

wrrffgf.jpg....VS....havardr.jpg

23) Lord Damaximus's (DaMaximus) Sir Ereh Ahn Roblaw!.......24) Maximo Greeland as (K-nut) Himself!........................

ereh.jpg....VS....maximo_g.jpg

......25) Dr Rod's (Dr Rod) Killer Bunny!...............26) William Harkenshire as (VolcanicPanic) Himself!

bunny.jpg....VS....william_h.jpg

27) Count Balthasar Nero's (Balthasar) Sir Gaius Severus!.......28) Lord Whitetiger as (timura) Himself!

gaius.jpg....VS....whitetiger.jpg

29) Olfox Scalebane as (mcfarlandman) Himself!.......30) Nitnelav as (Skalldir) Himself!

olfox.jpg....VS....nitnelav.jpg

........................................31) Kcaj Nosnikta's (CptMugwash) Rakta Vasana!....32) Daeron Arphenion's (Fantu) Enriel Arphenion! (but for glory of the elves, not their king)

rakta.jpg....VS....enriel.jpg

33) Than-Reya's (darkdragon) Claw!...................34) Wiglaf's (Claus von Nassau) Ecklaf!

claw.jpg....VS....ecklaf.jpg

35) Petera MacLean's (SkaForHire) Florbad the Mighty!.......36) Arcanis I's (Artanis I) Kargzaskzin!................

florbad.jpg....VS....kargzaskzin.jpg

37) Lord Ssilyrrlith's (I Scream Clone) Grizzles!............38) Oaknob's (Fat Tony) Fundarr!.........

grizzles.jpg....VS....fundarr.jpg

................39) Varis's (rogueang) War golem!.......................40) Freydir Broadchest's (Thor Lund) Eirikr Bloodaxe!

war_golem.jpg....VS....eirikr.jpg

..............41) Waraz's (prvi svog imena) Mudbelly the giant!.......42) Ser Thyrio's (KristofBD) ser Lorian!

mudbelly.jpg....VS....lorian.jpg

43) Niels Ericson as (Alex the Great) Himself!..........44) Rasputin Jones's (robuko) Elias!.......

nielss.jpg....VS....elias.jpg

........................45) Erudhalion Sansael's (gabe) Phrixelle!.......46) Lord Shale's (Scubacarrot) Ignacio the Bard!

phrixelle.jpg....VS....ignacio.jpg

47) Elon Chorian's (Ecclesiastes) Bilhan Chorian!...48) Valsharess's (Angeli) Yvonnel!.............

elon.jpg....VS....yvonnel.jpg

49) The Wanderer as (Storel) Himself!...........50) Brickster's (AK_Brickster) Aarganakk!

wanderer.jpg....VS....aarganakk.jpg

51) Count Ustengravth's (Gondabuggan) Leader!.......52) Volkan's (Blaze) Lieutenant Sev!

leader.jpg....VS....sev.jpg

...................53) Thraxus as (Thrash) Himslef!.........................54) Dextrus Flagg's (SI-mocs) Celine Deafon!(&M)......

thraxus.jpg....VS....celine.jpg

55) Ilirijana as (hrcak) Herself!...............................56) Akrep as (mickotemplar) Himself!........

ilirijana.jpg....VS....akrep.jpg

..............................57) Arwald Sharp's (Masked Builder) Urlan!.................58) Captain Hardiel's (Waterbrick Down) Varin Sandbeard!

urlan.jpg....VS....varin.jpg

59) Tharn Vendderson as (Brickhead the Third) Himself!...60) Lordess de Seis as (Belgrades finest) Herself!

tharn.jpg....VS....lordess.jpg

61) Rivendare the Ruthless as (jedi357) Himself!...62) Garret Hailfist as (Scarst) Himself!

rivendare.jpg....VS....garret.jpg

63) Baroness La Flaga's (Tomcat RIO) Madam Felda!....64) Ghur-Hai as (white wizard) Himself!

felda.jpg....VS....ghur-hai.png

and for revue part, just for YOUR pleasure:

...65) Mudas the marshman as (Zilcho) Himself!.............66) Orthuk the dwarf as (Legonardo Davidy) Himself!

mudas.jpg....VS....gruven.jpg

Results on the page nine! :)

Edited by Angeli

It has been decided that Gurnog the Sandgnome, servant and bodyguard of Lord Shale, will represent Lord Shale's interests in the arena!

dsc_0128.jpg

Gurnog may be small, but he is as strong as a lion, as fast as a snake and as mean as a uh... Very mean!!

In battle, Gurnog wields an axe, made from the purest iron, placed on the bone of a dragon, and a traditional Kaiphilin-style scimitair, made from the finest steel.

As Mpya Stedor palace is about to be finished very soon (not the inside as I miscounted the number of bricks I need for my stairs), Lord Damaximus will celebrate the event with a gladiator game in front of the palace. The winner of this game will be sent to the great Gladiator Game of 14 February! :thumbup:

Lord Damaximus himself was considering to participate himself, but his advisor talked that idea out of his mind as it would be too dangerous for Mpya Stedor if something happens to him :hmpf:

=> Great initiative!!!

Greetings!

As this is all about Valentines Day and romantic stuff, I will send Sir Maulalot into the Arena!

sir_maulalot_s.jpg

He is the embodiment of horrifying cuteness and a very heart-rending nature. He uses his "Lonely Heart's Club" to send everyone straight up to cloud nine. His fighting style is "hug & slay" and he can stir up everyone's blood, so a creature that encounters him would quickly lose its heart to him.

These wordplays could go on forever...

Edited by Quichybo

First post edited! And I will continue to add new gladiators as you post them ;)

Please remember to post your sigfig name also ;) it's more interesting ;)

"Lord Strongwulf is sending his gladiator, mountain troll named Grumbar!" :)

Also, maybe I will pair gladiators as they are posted, first with second, etc :)

Im' looking forward to the figts ;)

I lord Andoni of Avalonia, send my bravest and strongest of kinsmen, Elilan, to fight in the gladiator games. As an elf he is agile and able to strike quickly, and all those who value their lives should hope that they are not facing him in the gladiator Arena.

6732811833_882de84a96_m.jpg

So here he is and I present to you, my champion, Elilan.

Edited by Andonii

Here is a champion for Nocturnus Sir Blight the outcast.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5345226

Rumor has it that this death knight and his knightmare steed have existed since before the unification of Historica. A few historians even whisper that His cavalry was the first army to wipe out another faction, and this is what led to his cursed existence.

I'm excited to see what Sir Blight brings to the games....plus his knightmare steed has such cute little eyes :cry_happy:

I know there are some practical concerns here, but I must point out if you are doing an elimination type tournament you would need a number of combatants that would produce an even number of competitors left when cut in half (at least until the Championship round). In other words, after the second round of your tournament there will be 5 combatants left and you will need to roll twice in a three way battle to get down to two champions. It would not be an issue if we could get 32 champions though!

Or if you give every gladiator a number and for the first round you let them all fight against eachother till there are 4/8/16/32/64 left. To do this, just loot 16/32/64 numbers and those Gladiators will go to the elimination round where its 1x1, winners to the next round and so on and so on.

I'll use this to define my Champion out of 30 other competitors

Saladus Al Juhtiv, leader of the Nahtämatu would like to present Dinin Do'Urden to the Games...

6737795747_2e009536bf.jpg

Born a drow warrior to a powerful family, Dinin was cursed to a life as an unholy union of a drow and a spider. An undead creature spoken of in legend and known only as a drider. Dinin, of course wears the enchanted Mithril armor forged by the deep dwarves of the Underdark. He weilds twin scimitars made of adamantium and enchanted to remain sharp to split a hair that by chance falls on the blade.

Edited by Kayne

I know there are some practical concerns here, but I must point out if you are doing an elimination type tournament you would need a number of combatants that would produce an even number of competitors left when cut in half (at least until the Championship round). In other words, after the second round of your tournament there will be 5 combatants left and you will need to roll twice in a three way battle to get down to two champions. It would not be an issue if we could get 32 champions though!

I will find some easy and fun way ;) do not worry ;)

Like "the last man standing" or "Sir Maualot is sitting this round out (he got that random on dice) because hi is to cute for this round ;)

Or "Elilan is sitting this round out - he paid some gold coins to the organizations to cool it off"

Or "Gurnog the Sandgnome is sitting this round out because he DID NOT pay enough, and is punished, and can not spill blood in the arena. Only this round" :)

or "Sven the Mighty got drunk last night in the tavern, and he will sit this round out, until the hangover passes - sound of swords clashing are to laud" :)

First post updated with new contestants

simple and fun ;)

On one of his early trading missions through the Rakath Mountains, Lord Xyver came upon a baby creature huddled beside its dead mother who had been killed by poachers for her horns.

Having only heard about these creatures as legend, he took the baby and nurtured it.

Fiercely loyal and with the strength of many men, DehGems has proven himself many times in battle and wishes to attend the Gladiator games for the glory of himself, his Lord and Avalonia.

DehGems.jpg

Hearing of the gladiator games, Sir Glorfindel asked for volunteers to represent the might of Mitgardia. Beorn quickly stepped forward, and seeing his might Sir Glorfindel chose him as our representative. Beorn from Mitgardia!

My link

OOC: I'm having trouble getting the image from flickr so I can post it

do not worry, I've got it ;)

first post updated with new fighters! :)

Logan.jpg

Logan Alexander Redlake (aka "The Stone Ogre") is set and ready.

Been pretty dang quiet down here in the Southlands lately and too much 'peace, love and happiness' makes mah teeth itch.

do not worry, I've got it ;)

first post updated with new fighters! :)

Thanks! Oh and I forgot to say thanks for hosting this great contest! I would love to participate again next year. :sweet:

Edited by soccerkid6

Baron Manfred has decided to honour you all by allowing his own torture to compete in the games.

Leon Berger will prove he is more than able when his oppenent is not tied up or chained down.

6335619800_f1bd8b2322.jpg

Watch out! Here comes one of Pengus Penguinius' famous Golden Golems.

He may be slow, but he is purposeful.

He may have no weapons but his fists are hard enough to penetrate almost every armor.

He may have no brains, but he has no fright either.

He may not posess any magical powers, but he's immune to magic.

img_1995.jpg

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I updated my picture with white background and Nocturnus Guild Flag. Some of you may have to clear the browser cache / temporary internet files since the new pictures have the same name as the old.

Maybe you (Angeli) want to change this in the first post.