Hi folks,

today I'll present you my newest baby... It's not really a MOC, because it's based on effermans chassis..Thanks, efferman, for this great chassis.

I used some of the cool parts efferman designed and posted on Shapeways:

The portals: https://www.shapeway...le&materialId=6

The rims: https://www.shapeway...e&materialId=76

The bent liftarms: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1885157/bent-liftarm-4x6x4.html?li=user-profile&materialId=6

To all of you who are interested in those parts, invest the money and take the polished ones - if available.

The Unimog uses a servo for steering and a XL-motor for driving. As you can see on the pictures the doors are openable.

And since it's a kind of a MOC it's not 100% ready, there are some little things to do...

Now, enjoy the pictures:

U4000%20final%2001.JPG

U4000%20final%2002.JPG

U4000%20final%2003.JPG

U4000%20final%2004.JPG

U4000%20final%2005.JPG

U4000%20final%2006.JPG

U4000%20final%2007.JPG

U4000%20final%2008.JPG

So far

Pat

Edited by Pat-Ard

Ahh, you are Unimog mafia:)

Love the blue cab. Looks very realistic!

Really nice! I just wondered not seeing any other images of your U4000 except the picture with efferman's U4000. I think this Unimog is one of your best and it seems you built it very fast!?

Сool model! Мery successful combination of colors, and of course the similarity beyond praise! I like it.

Hi folks,

thanks for the praise... I wouldn't say mafia, but fan since I now have four Unimogs...

And I think it is the third blue Unimog, first one I noticed was barmans and the there was stefan_betula_pendulas... Which looks also very cool!!!

@stefan: Thanks... I like them all very much... Let's see what will be next...

And finally @efferman... I repositioned the taillights... :laugh:

Pat

I see Unimog everywhere! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But definitely a nice one! looks well done and well executed. Not sure about the "unofficial" LEGO parts, simply cos I personally would like to keep it LEGO. But yeah great job!

Hi folks,

thanks again for the praise, did some fine tuning on the details today. Tomorrow I'll take some more pictures and try to make a small video...

Pat

I am collecting blue parts for a truck also. Great truck and blue fits it perfectly!

Love the blue, really sets it apart. I also really like how you filled in all the holes in the cab, well done.

tim

Thanks again... Yes, I like the blue, too... But now I'm running out of colors for my Unimogs :)

Hmm, maybe a red one...

@Skriblez: Have you seen effermans post with the LDD of the chassis? The cab isn't that hard to do. But for effermans chassis you'll need the portals he made on shapeways... Or you modify the chassis, which shouldn't be a problem...

Pat

Edited by Pat-Ard

Hi Alasdair,

that's a real great honor!!! Listed with all those pro builders... My thanks go to efferman an his great chassis!!!

Pat