Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[K - B05] Run! M.A.N.T.I.S. Run!

Tags: Vehicle

Voice Log of Mister S:

"Kara Scel's special forces expertise actually helped me more than I expected. While I have extensive knowledge of tech capabilities and structural limitations, Kara has first hand knowledge of combat scenarios and strategies I had never thought of. Honestly, in hindsight, I don't know why I hadn't thought to request the input of a special forces expert myself. I suppose my overconfidence in my own abilities got the best of me.

Well the short of it is, without Kara, I would have had a hard time coming up with this fantastic new design, and most definitely not within the deadline. Gotta say Kara is amazing!

I have once again been summoned to a holographic meeting with one of Kawashita's top executives, most likely Akito again. I am confident in a better outcome this time around."

A few hours later-

18848453700_ba03802b7d_t.jpg

Akito Kawashita: I have taken a look at your new design and am impressed.

18848399938_4b2a9dc930_t.jpg

Mister S: I knew you would be sir. I must inform you that Kara is to be credited for a good portion of the design.

Akito Kawashita: Yes, of course. It is now time to test the Tarantula HAM in the field. We have a few operations going on the planet of Marphacia. We want M.A.N.T.I.S to think that we are trying to sabotage their efforts there but in reality we have no interest in the planet at all. A few days ago we got intel of the location of the leaders of a M.A.N.T.I.S guerrilla unit that is a high level threat, not only to Kawashita, but to the entire Galactic Council.

The unit is led by Thomas Terabyte, a top level M.A.N.T.I.S. programmer, and Anna Toxita, a Council bio-scientist whom Thomas recruited into the M.A.N.T.I.S corporation. Our agents have recovered data that indicates the two are in the process of staging a massive attack but the target has not been identified.

Two hours ago, one of our probes identified both Thomas and Anna on Marphacia. We are sending the best retrieval team we have and you will be their heavy munitions support. Kara will be commanding the squad from the Kameko.

Mister S: Oh wow! I finally will get to meet Koro!

Akito Kawashita: No. Koro is not on attached to this mission.

Mister S: But I thought you said the best retrieval team we had???

Akito Kawashita: Koro indeed may be our best agent, but he prefers to go solo. Besides, we need both Thomas and Anna alive and sending Koro in would only raise our chances of them ending up dead. Koro has another directive more suited to his specialty.

I understand that the Tarantula HAM has advanced identification software. I am sending you a copy of the latest photograph we have Thomas and Anna taken about two years ago before they went off the grid. Seems that Thomas had programmed a drone to take their picture at one of the great falls on Hunstun. However great a programmer he is, he evidently is no photographic expert as the picture is very grainy. But you can easily identify them from it. If you come across them, do not kill them.

Go get packed and be ready to board the Kameko. It leaves in an hour. This meeting is now over.

[Transmission Incoming]

19412691735_b46f2c6411_c.jpg

And a few more hours later-

Voice Log of Mister S:

"The mission was not a success. While we managed to save a few local species who M.A.N.T.I.S were collecting to send back to their labs, we did not manage to locate Thomas and Anna. However it is likely that all M.A.N.T.I.S. personnel have now withdrawn from Marphacia as they all ran like Godzilla was chasing them when they saw me coming in the Tarantula."

19406464412_e3dbb7ef91_c.jpg

19386608556_e7e24270f2_c.jpg

18790148364_2ba37c01a1_c.jpg

19225062290_95231ec9e0_c.jpg

19386556846_0de2d7627e_c.jpg

The mech opens up and there is an isolated module for the pilot to sit in:

18792009083_d40281a1fa_c.jpg

Also would like to note that this was originally going to be against Octan with Octan figs fleeing, but as the weeks progressed, well, I had to modify it.... :laugh:

What are those MANTIS helmets from? Awesome look on everything in this. You're the master mech builder of Kawashita for sure.

hehe - "Run! M.A.N.T.I.S. Run!" indeed! You've got quite the knack for mechs Mike. I'm sorry to see you less active in GoH, but the space side of your building talent.... well, it might be even better!

What are those MANTIS helmets from? Awesome look on everything in this. You're the master mech builder of Kawashita for sure.

They are agent helmets of some villain. As you can see, I used the same helmet in my tech build for a completely other purpose :grin:

Mike, again a stunning mech, the detail is ... no words mister!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Hahaha! Great scene man. :wink:

This isn't over yet though buddy! :devil::wink:

Nope, not over yet! Just wait until next weeks this week's build! :devil: Going to be totally unexpected.... :laugh:

Love the spider mecha! :wub: The missile pods are really cool, as are the minifig expressions and posing. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Didn't I comment here on this already? :wacko: I am very certain I did. :tongue:

Ohwell, you know I love it Mike, great job! :laugh:

That thing is terrifying! No wonder the poor M.A.N.T.I.S. guys are so scared! :grin: Fantastic landscape too!