curtisrlee

LEGO Sword Fight

EDIT: Here's a much longer one

Id like to see Armendariz do better than that! :pir_laugh2:

Im working on some more of this BTW

Lemme know what ye thinks :jollyroger:

Edit: Holy crap im a citizen now! :pir-oh:

Edited by curtisrlee

It's... it's a swordfight all right. I'd like to see a bit more than three seconds before I pass judgement. Your sound effects are spot-on though.

Did you have to buy a special stop-motion camera to do these, or do you have some other method? Because I'm sort of interested in animation, and I'd like to do some with legos. A swordfight is my traditional start in a new medium, so I'd like any tips that you have.

It's... it's a swordfight all right. I'd like to see a bit more than three seconds before I pass judgement. Your sound effects are spot-on though.

Did you have to buy a special stop-motion camera to do these, or do you have some other method? Because I'm sort of interested in animation, and I'd like to do some with legos. A swordfight is my traditional start in a new medium, so I'd like any tips that you have.

I used a Logitech Quickcam, but I guess you can just use a digital camera. I also can tell you that I use 15 FPS and I get most of my sounds at Findsounds.com

BTW If you like this im making a full swordfight duel right now... :jollyroger:

Id like to see Armendariz do better than that! :pir_laugh2:

Im working on some more of this BTW

Ha! Piece of cake :pir_laugh2:

Usual ordinary camera then just upload pics to your computer and put it on a stopmotion program :pir-classic:

EDIT: have you seen this??

BTW, Great animation!

Edited by General Armendariz

EDIT: have you seen this??

Now I have! :pir-tongue:

My swordfight is much longer, the final one, not this one, this is just a test

I think you have the perfect tools to make a nice video, three seconds is just far too short.

I'm looking forward to the longer duel, I like your videos but they could do with some more length.

Quality above Quantity. :pir-wink:

Oh and you will never beat Armendariz! :pir-laugh:

That looks great, Curtis! Nice timing and sound effects too.

My main complaint is that when one fig is moving, the other is mostly stationary; e.g. Brickbeard slashes, and the Imperial guy just holds his sword in one place, waiting for the blow to come...

Nice vid!

I'll TRY to! :pir-tongue:

Here's a longer one

*snip*

Is that a challenge...? :pir-tongue:

I will beat both of you!! :pir_laugh2: My screen-name ain´t for nothing, you know! :pir-grin:

(BTW, shouldn´t this be in the "Brick-flicks & Comics" topic?)

First things first. The camera needs to stop moving so much, it grows rather annoying.

I agree with SlyOwl 100% Its almost like there taking turns slashing at each other.

Other than that it's a really nice vid. I really like it when the soldier shoots off the pirates hat :thumbup:

Is that a challenge...? :pir-tongue:

I will beat both of you!!

And I will beat everyone!! :pir_laugh2:

I think the trailer version of the large video is a lot better, more action and some funny things in it.

Like the pirate slashes the feather off the imperial's soldier's hat, and place it o his own. :pir_laugh2: I wonder where he got that orlock from? Perhaps you need to flourish up the background, it's just a plain green plate now. It could use some trees and basic buildings.

Otherwise, a nice improvement! :thumbup:

I think the trailer version of the large video is a lot better, more action and some funny things in it.

Like the pirate slashes the feather off the imperial's soldier's hat, and place it o his own. pir_laugh2.gif I wonder where he got that orlock from? Perhaps you need to flourish up the background, it's just a plain green plate now. It could use some trees and basic buildings.

Otherwise, a nice improvement!

I agree with Blackmoor, nice animation, but sometimes things go too fast and then I think 'huh?! what has just happened?' So try not using too many different camera angles in a too short time. For the rest is was a good film :thumbup:

The lighting is very... well I think it could use a bit of work.

Your film has all this "light flicker" than is usually caused by an inconsistency in light while you are photographing.

I suggesting making sure all of your camera settings are one manual and that you barricade your windows, or at least blinds. :tongue:

It certainly is interesting though. What software are you using to compile the frames?

The lighting is very... well I think it could use a bit of work.

Your film has all this "light flicker" than is usually caused by an inconsistency in light while you are photographing.

I suggesting making sure all of your camera settings are one manual and that you barricade your windows, or at least blinds. :tongue:

It certainly is interesting though. What software are you using to compile the frames?

About the light flicker: I have a little trouble getting rid of that since Im using a new camera. :sceptic:

About the software: I use Monkeyjam to capture the frames and Windows Movie Maker to put the frames together (I have a special trick to make them 15 FPS)

I usually put sounds right on top of the frames then "Publish" or "Save Movie File" it and then import the movie file I just made and add more sound FX or music ontop of THAT. Maybe sometimes I use the effects like Brighten or Black and White too. WMM rocks! :tongue: