Sign in to follow this  
technic70s

Diorama - Friends

I present to you the "Friends" city layout my wife Joanna build for our Lego show in October, she did a lot of modifications to the "Friends and creator buildings, she calls it "Friendszerising" them (is that a word)

Hope you like it

14986333714_c11832f9e7_c.jpgDSC_9395 by Technic70s, on Flickr

15607908592_ec2ea1fcc1_c.jpgDSC_9393 by Technic70s, on Flickr

15607262495_31b71b9e45_c.jpgDSC_9696 by Technic70s, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.c...57649423062996/

AWESOME layout and such a friendly place ! :wink:

She did a great job......I need to show my wife to see if she'll get into this crazy hobby ! :laugh:

Brick On 'technic70s' and your boss at home too. :wink:

It is like Paradisa! Soo pretty.

And yes Friendszerising is a word (now).

Friendszerise - Verb. To Make a LEGO Set more Friends compatible through modification of colour palette. :wink:

How lovely! Very colorful. I like the Friendszerised houses too :)

What I still can't stand, is those dolls. I like the happy colours in the friends line, but why don't they keep the same minifigs? it just seems to me as they give little girls the impression minifigs were too fat?? I don't want my daughter to have any body image issues :cry_sad:

Sorry for the rant :-(

This is great!

I imagine the water would have required a lot of patience.

Thanks Graham Gidman, nice pun.

WarSquirrel and Kristel, yes the water came out great, was a big job, my mum, sister, nieces and some friends helped out with it, all 13312 cheese slopes and 1x1 round plates.

Lightningtiger, be careful, if your partner is into Lego as well, there is no one to say no when you want to buy that one more set, or bricklink order.

Peppermint_M, thanks for the definition of Friendszerise, that's going in my sig

Trisha, its OK if you don't like the Minidolls, I don't like every thing that Lego does, (ie Mindcraft). but that's OK because Lego made a world where it can be what ever you want it to be, don't like something then swap it out for what you like, or build it how you want it to look. That's the amazing thing with Lego, build what you want.

Hello technic70s,

you are right, I'm sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention. My daughter is going to be 2 this December so I still have some time to get used to the minidolls if she wants them in a few years (no idea for how long she'll like playing with duplo). Or I can just take your example and "friendszerise" her sets a bit. I like the colourfulness of the friends series very much. You did an amazing job.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Friends line as well - "Friendszerizing" them into modular buildings. Your wife, however, is remarkably talented at it. Bravo!