Sebeus I

Raft Raiders

[pid][/pid] 131D

1336826144m_DISPLAY.jpg

These rafts run over the water very fast, they are very light and agile. To keep that advantage they can only be armed with limited light weaponry; two rifles are mounted on the hull to have atleast some firepower.

They are very effective when in great numbers to attack large slow ships, they can easely get close enough for boarding action while still evading broadside fire.

(However, a singe cannonball would suffice to bring them down).

1336825449m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336825493m_DISPLAY.jpg

Eventhough I'm a big fan of the original lego pirates I couldn't resist showing off my rafts like this :monkey:

(just for the record, that wreckage is actually the remains of the official Raft Raiders set).

1336826063m_DISPLAY.jpg

1336825853m_DISPLAY.jpg

For more pictures visit Mocpages.

(that is when mocpages isn't down :pir_wacko: )

I like the idea of these rafts!

Tough isn't it a lot easier to just carry the rifles instead of mounting them on the ship ? :pir_laugh2:

greetz

Bjornu

I like the idea of these rafts!

Tough isn't it a lot easier to just carry the rifles instead of mounting them on the ship ? :pir_laugh2:

greetz

Bjornu

Mounting them on the ship offers more stability :pir-classic:

I like your idea a lot! I had been thinking on something similar with the spare sails I had of the 2nd QAR :P this one is a really interesting idea, I had another one to make yet another little boat/ship :P (Like these) I still got 4 boat pieces to try for some more ideas on custom sails or other details :P

I like them, these would make great battle pack type sets for a new Pirates line.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

While the term I'd use to describe them would be more along the lines of a Sampan or Skiff (basically a flat-bottomed boat) than a raft, I do really like the design.... I was actually thinking of making something sort of like this (with the larger rafts being combined into a sort of crude catamaran) for my post-apocalyptic pirates....

I like them, these would make great battle pack type sets for a new Pirates line.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

The quality and style indeed looks like a Battlepack from TLC.

A well placed Blogg IMO :pir-classic:

Greetz

Bjornu

That's a great one! I really like the simple and elegant SNOT design used for the hull. They look sleek and aggressive. I'd be running if I saw them :pir-classic:

I really like the simple but effective design of these! Great work! (But poor classic=pirate raft wreckage... :pir_bawling: )

Yay for rafts! I love the way you used the sails. It is really the icing on the cake for me. :pir-cry_happy: