thegurumb

Why do you collect the Collectible Minifigures?

What exactly is the point of them?

Just a question why do you collect them?

Edited by Rufus
Clarified the title

Because of their brilliant new face prints, torso prints, hair pieces, legs and accessories. It's fun to try and collect them (although it can sometimes be disappointing when you don't get the ones you want). They allow you to get great minifigures in a cheap way. They are minifigures which would never be made otherwise, and so they allow you to use them in your own creations. Basically, because they are absolutely fantastic! Hopefully that answers your question :sweet: !

There are many reasons why people coolect them.

Like myself, some people collect them to display. Usually, I only need 1 whole set of figures per series.

Others collect minifigures for the great accessories that could never be found in regular minifigures(Baseball Bat, Tennis Raquet), usually to be used MOCs.

And then finally all the new great legs and torsos' that have great prints can be used to create more minifigs.

There are probably more reasons, but these I believe are the most common.

New expressions, accessories and prints. All of these make them perfect for MOCcing.

I don't care about the minifigs being "collectable" per se, I have not kept them intact in their original from. I am using the torsos / faces / hairpieces, etc. as required for the scenes I want to portray.

Generally people buy the collectible minifigures for the same reason they buy any other set, minus the "complexity of build" factor and plus a "challenge of obtaining" factor.

Generally I buy them because I appreciate the design quality and diversity they offer. Certain ones especially appeal to me due to their parts or decorations. I don't tend to feel any incentive to complete a collection, even though I've bought plenty from each series I've found in stores.

I really like alot of them, and just minifigures in general are cool! :thumbup: I'm not too worried about getting all of them from every series but just the ones I like the most. :wink:

I buy them for the new prints and accessories. My primary focus in Lego is the minifig, so this Series business has been about the best thing to happen to me in Lego terms since my childhood. Outside of these Series, I'm "forced" to buy sets for minifigs. I've picked up just about every set under $20 made in the past few years just for the minifigs and unique parts minifigs can use. I use Bricklink too, but the temptation of buying new sets at my local TRU is just too much.

I've made my own superhero universe using minifigs and, thanks to the Series, I've added at least twenty new heroes and villains.

I'm not big on the collection aspect, but I do have at least one of all of the Series with a few extras. I've been really blessed that my TRU is consistent (at least on opening weekend, anyway).

to put it simply, it adds variety to my collection of minifig parts. I'm not interested in the 'collectible' aspect, just getting variety and diversity into the minifigs that populate my lego city.

I think one big reason to collect them all is for the future. Lego's are like most everything the one's from the beginning will be worth a lot of money besides the fact that it fun as well.

I think the real question is why collect anything?

There are probably numerous answers to that question, all of them correct.

I personally have gotten a set or two of each simply to have them, I don't really plan to sell them, or really play with them. I just simply want them to have them. Sounds weird when I read it now.

I collect them for mostly the same reason I get other LEGO sets - I want to make little creations with them! I collect these particular sets because they feature unique elements not available elsewhere, which are used in these sets to make unique minifigures (with accessories) not found in other sets, sometimes representing entire themes otherwise unrepresented in official sets. And even with those figures who represent roles commonly found in other sets (skateboarders, for example), the minifigures and accessories here offer a lot of opportunity for greater variety in my creations than I might otherwise get using just skateboarders and skateboards in "regular" sets, for example.

I do also derive some enjoyment from the "collectible" aspect, but I get them largely because I want them, whether as complete sets unto themselves or for their component elements.

I just adore Lego Minifigs in general and love those collectable versions. Most have alot potential espacialy for some great MOC's. And for the first time I've bought (ordered) all full S4 box. Since this is my favorite and I got atleast 1 complete set of each serie so far. And S4 got many figs I must have multiples from. Like the Musketeer ofcourse, I can imagine some great MOC already :cry_happy:

I can speak only for myself.

I do not collect them, or anything else.

I buy a few minifigs per series, using barcodes/dots+touching to avoid randomness, just to have more variance in minifigs in general (faces, torsos and accessories). I'm interested only in civilians (especially female minifigs, the option of getting them individually is for me the best feature of the collectable series) and fantasy characters. I don't buy multiples, but I am making an exception for the Elves and maybe will later do the same for the Werewolves, however just a bunch NOT an army! It'd be nice to have multiples of the accessories and the hairs, but not the figs themselves.

~

-GIRLS!

Also very high important reason for me. Never had many female Minifigs, but now I've quite a bunch.

I just love them like I'd love LEGO, they got nice prints, hair pieces (long and short hair) and not forget to mention the make-up on the head pieces.

Also for any Lego Collectable Minifigs; so far they always come with any accesoires or more than just one (except for the Frankenstein's Monster).

why yes - new parts - new ideas, new atmosphere

why not - not "Lego" quality

I get them for variety of characters that can be used in MOCs and vigs and source for female figs.

I get them for variety of characters that can be used in MOCs and vigs and source for female figs.

That is exactly my take. I am not really a "collector" but I enjoy being able to get individual figs with great accessories.

I like both collecting them and the ideas that they bring me for MOCs, as well as the occasional characters that fit in with the things I already do (like the elves and the upcoming dwarfs).

1. I find myself collecting everything. Sigh.
  2. I've been wanting to do a brick comic, and they're pre-built characters.
  3. They'll probably increase with value, though that's the least of my desires.

Agree with all of you who say they really can't explain why, and esp. with Big Cam, when he says that all told it's kinda weird when you think about it.

I've got all 64, with many multiples as well. I've even got these mini-hordes of duplicates like baseball players and hockey players and elves and spartans that I just wanted, although I really can't logically explain why. Maybe it's to populate a layout one day, even though I've never actually created one with all my sets. There's also a lot of fun to be had in swapping out the heads on extras and into the city, castle and pirate collections.

I've got an entire hockey team now, and every one of them has a different face. It was a lot of fun creating these little 'personalities' to go with the team. Same can be said about the vikings, etc.

But as for "Why?" Hard to tell...

eh. I don't know. In fact I would say that I do not collect them, as I pick up ones that will be useful in the themes that I enjoy buying sets for. Not to mention it's great that there are so many female minifigs, and all of them have great printing, faces, and accessories!

to put it simply, it adds variety to my collection of minifig parts. I'm not interested in the 'collectible' aspect, just getting variety and diversity into the minifigs that populate my lego city.

Same here. Also, I get ones that I like even if they don't fit in a city layout. Beyond series 2, I don't have all of them.