Sign in to follow this  
misha87

Spanish galleon SANTIAGO

intro.jpg

SANTIAGO is fictional (and historically inaccurate) spanish galleon cruising the seas around the year 1630.

Inspiration came from an amazing ship Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion built by Captain Greenhair and Bonaparte. After seeing that beauty my goal was clear = modular, kinda bulky galleon with an interior.

Besides enlarging and slightly modifying my Black Seas Barracuda, this is my first MOC as an adult. I hope you will like it :-)

For more photos, info and 360°VIEW please visit this site.

Misha

EDIT 26.11. 2011 - The crew has changed! Now without underpants on top :pir-sweet:

EDIT 29.11. 2011 - A few more images added.

lod_030.jpg

detail_13.jpg

modularity.jpg

detail_9.jpg

Edited by misha87

Amazing! It is very detailed and it looks very well built. Thanks for adding the 360 feature. I feel as though I am actually there. :pir-wink:

Keep up the great work!

:pir-oh: That ship looks completely fantastic, I can't believe that's your first adult MOC. :pir-wub:

Great detailings everywhere (especiall at the stern, and nice use of the LEGO lion graphic on the sail), and I especially love the wooden feel of this ship.

A little tall for my tastes but the interior more than makes up for that.

Did you photograph this professionally? The pictures are amazing.

:pir-oh: That ship looks completely fantastic, I can't believe that's your first adult MOC. :pir-wub:

Great detailings everywhere (especiall at the stern, and nice use of the LEGO lion graphic on the sail), and I especially love the wooden feel of this ship.

A little tall for my tastes but the interior more than makes up for that.

Did you photograph this professionally? The pictures are amazing.

Thank you very much :pir-sweet: Well I have access to photographic lights and basic understanding how to use digital camera. And a bit of photoshop here and there.

Beautiful! Good work on the photography, and on the ship itself.

The shape, details colourscheme and modularity are all great.

There are a few historical inaccuracies (like a steering wheel) but outside of that it would easily fit within the great Armada!

I only think you should change the crew a bit (if you can).

The guys in the middle look like they are wearing underpants over their trousers.

Anyway, I'll index and blog this :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp] ->look for it on our frontpage soon!

I really like this ship, i love the "brown" ships because it feels reallike to me, i love the interiour, especcially the cupboard with the drawers :thumbup:

Beautiful! Good work on the photography, and on the ship itself.

The shape, details colourscheme and modularity are all great.

There are a few historical inaccuracies (like a steering wheel) but outside of that it would easily fit within the great Armada!

I only think you should change the crew a bit (if you can).

The guys in the middle look like they are wearing underpants over their trousers.

Anyway, I'll index and blog this :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp] ->look for it on our frontpage soon!

Getting to the frontpage is really an honor for me, thank you :pir-wub:

As I said at the beginning, Santiago is not historically accurate ship, but thanks for pointing out the fact, that the steering wheel was invented much later. I didn't know that.

I guess you meant those guys:

post-16763-132230749583.jpg

Am I right?

Absolutely wonderful Spanish Galleon! I guess I wasn't the only one who was disappointed by the way LEGO abandoned the Imperial Armada theme before it really got good. ;)

wow great work on the details there. just looking good.

I also admire how you made the topmasts connect to the masts.

Bart

Thanks guys for all your comments. I really appreciate that :pir-wub:

If you miss any detail in the gallery, give me suggestion and I will add them :pir-sweet:

Very impressive ship, especially for a first adult build

llove the 360 view :pir-wub:

Very nice, she looks a bit too tall but there's plenty of detail to make it up :pir_laugh2:

Nicely done !

I think you did an amazing job building this ship. If this is your first real MOC then I can't wait to see what you'll be sharing with us in the future. You made a very nice version of the Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion adding a lot of new elements and details all over the ship.

Also you know how to present your work (nice backdrop, cool site with 360 degree rotation, etc.) :thumbup:

Any more projects you have in the pipeline?

I absolutely love a good LEGO Spanish Galleon, this one's fantastic! And your first MOC as an adult? :pir-oh:

I absolutely love this ship, great hob on the riggin as well by the way, I know how arduous that can be :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

I think you did an amazing job building this ship. If this is your first real MOC then I can't wait to see what you'll be sharing with us in the future. You made a very nice version of the Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion adding a lot of new elements and details all over the ship.

Also you know how to present your work (nice backdrop, cool site with 360 degree rotation, etc.) :thumbup:

Any more projects you have in the pipeline?

Thanks :pir-wub: Recognition from the creator of my most favourite ship mens a lot to me.

My future plan is to build something to accompany this ship on the shelf - small Spanish village or watchtower. I am slowly working on it, but a lot of planning is ahead of me, since I do not own many bricks (most of the bricks used on my ship were order purely to build it). I will probably post some WIP :pir-sweet:

I absolutely love a good LEGO Spanish Galleon, this one's fantastic! And your first MOC as an adult? :pir-oh:

I absolutely love this ship, great hob on the riggin as well by the way, I know how arduous that can be :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

Thanks a lot :pir-sweet: The rigging can be a huge pain in the a.., especially from the beginning :pir-grin:

Great shape and color. Another really nice galleon. I am not sure why I missed this in November. Thanks for the update!

RELLY NICE SHIP IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

Please don't post in all-caps. Use proper capitalisation and punctuation and please watch your spelling.

Also, it is generally frowned upon to bump old threads if you have nothing substantial to add.