Sign in to follow this  
Emjajoas

Heroica RPG - Quest #109: Dreamscape

Four heroes make their way through the thin, stone-strewn roads of the Redstone Kingdom, one of the smallest domains in the Low Kingdoms, though a prosperous one. Many a stone- and blacksmith seemed to inhabit the walls; the heroes could hardly walk a block without passing by heated kilns, broken stone, melted metal, and strong, burly men doing their straining work. Housewives seemed to chase children around, warning them that the furnaces were hot and the metal was sharp. Those heroes were...

________________________________________________________________________________________

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpgAnnienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old Elven Female

Level 1 Knight

Power: 4

Health: 10/10

Defence: 2

Equipment: College Shield (SP: 2), College Halberd (WP: 3)

Gold: 5

Inventory: Potion, Bedroll

14811043034_7afebeccef_q.jpg

Francis Barkley (Captain Settle)

22 year old human ranger

Level 1

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 5

Equipped: Long Bow (WP 3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpgAlexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 23.33

Power: 35 (LVL 22+WP 13)

Defense: 5 (Chevalier of Charis armor + Tricorne)

Health: 36/36 (6 + 20 + 6 + 2 + 2 Chicken Drumstick)

Gold: 215

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 11 13 due to Hunter's Quiver, darkness-, ice-elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Tricorne (SP: 3), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two typers at the same time)

Inventory: Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Bleeding; handwear), Trickster's Mask of the Gender-Swap

Grand Potion, Potions (10), Remedies (2), Tonic (2), Venoms (6), Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Military Grade Fire Bomb, Lightning Bob, Elven Bomb, First Aid Kit (Consumable), Meads (3), Weak potion (2), Weak Regeneration Potion (1), Weak Regeneration Tonic (1), Smelling Salt (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bones (6), Skeleton Decoy, Charcoal

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

gallery_11254_206_17653.png Bartholomew Docken, Dragonslayer (Brickdoctor)

34-year-old human male, Warden

Level 44 *Gains Triple XP* *Takes Halved Damage from Free Hits* *Scary* *Immune to Defense Reduction, Removal of Positive Effects, Confusion, Blindness, Poison, Fragile, Fire, Earth, Wind, and Sudden Death* *Counterstriking*

Power: 54 (Level 44 + WP: 10) (Power Bonus: 0)

Defense: 23 (SP: 20 + SP: 3)

Health: 76/76 (base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 43 + Class bonus: 8 + permanent boost: 19*)

Gold: 1166 (1 Gold loaned to Lord Lawrence Boomingham [Zepher])

GP: 27

Equipment: Darksteel Crossbow (WP: 10; Blinded-effect), Mythril Shield (SP: 20), Dread Hat (permanent Scary-effect; immune to Defense Reduction, Removal of Positive Effects, Confusion, Blindness, Poison, Fragile, Fire, Earth, and Wind; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; Bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to Sudden Death; Backwear), Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

Inventory: Iris Shield (SP: 15; reflects physical Damage back to the attacker regardless of Row or Defense, if the user survives the attack.), Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club)

• Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; Accessory), Aqua Gear (Adds Water-element to physical attacks, immune to Water, Accessory)

• Potions (2), Grand Potions (4), Health Cores (4), Remedies (11), Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incense, Meads (2), Smelling Salts (2), Mulled Wine, Smoke Bombs (5), Water Bombs (5), Lightning Bombs (14), Bones (12), Venom (5), Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, Teleportapple, Adamantite Shards (2/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

________________________________________________________________________________________

They made their way to the center of the city, nearing a tall manor made of light grey stone. The size was far from impressive, but the stonework itself was intricate and beautiful. In some places, the stone rippled like waves; in others, faces and people danced and sang. Obviously the work of some sort of professional.

The heroes approach the manor, gazing at the masonry before them. Their inspection is cut short as a guard emerges from the doorway.

14730128005_edc5eab29c_t.jpg

"Halt!" He commands, slamming the butt of his spear into the ground. "State your business with the Stonekeep."

A muffled voice echoes behind the doorway, the guard stepping aside. Out strides a regal-looking woman in a flowing red dress, holding her head high. She smiles faintly as she recognizes the heroes.

14729842742_d4bce32ddd.jpg

14509285888_156af7882d_t.jpg

"You've come," she smiles. "I was beginning to worry that you wouldn't show... I'm a little unfamiliar with Heroica's policies..."

She introduces herself with a tiny curtsy, bowing her head. "I'm Andrea Stonekeep, the Duchess of Redstone. Welcome to our manor." She holds her small bow, glancing at the heroes.

It seemed as though it was courtesy to introduce themselves as well.

You've got 24 hours to confirm

OOC: Alright! It's up! Feel free to ask any questions, correct me on any stats or inventories, and point out any spelling mistakes I may have made (I went over it like twice, there shouldn't be that many). Please keep in mind this is my first quest and I've got a bit of a mix-and-match party, what with Docken and all, so if you guys have any issues with anything I'm doing as far as the Quest itself or battles go, please draw my attention to it! Also, if I make any mistakes, let me know.

Without further ado, Quest 109. Let's have some fun, yeah? :blush:

Edited by Emjajoas

Francis, not quite sure how to introduce himself to people of importance, takes a while to stutter out his name.

"Er, I'm Francis... uh... Barkley."

I dip my head in response.

"Good day, Lady Stonekeep. Bartholomew Docken, at your service."

Annienal feels put on the spot mere seconds after she enters the Stonekeep. She quietly responds to Andrea.

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpg

"Hello... um, my name is Annienal Anavir..."

She adjusts her shield awkwardly, timidly looking at everyone else, not feeling very secure around her comrades. She takes note of the Hunter and the Warden, both of whom looked much more suited for combat then her with her rather dull halberd and beaten up shield. She felt rather insecure with her potion being her only saving grace.

OOC: You may want to add the player name to Annienal. Sort of my fault, but other than that, everything looks good.

Edited by Kintobor

Seeing the new Knight fumbling with her shield, I speak up.

"Lady Annienal, would you prefer to borrow this shield?"

I hold out my Iris Shield.

Noticing the Warden hand her something she steps back before taking a closer inspection of it. She responds in her normal, hushful voice.

"Oh, well... I don't see why not, sir."

Annienal hesitantly grabs the Iris shield and equips it.

"Thank you, sir."

"Alexander Vandangant at your service, Duchess." says Alexander with with a slight bow.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintances," the Duchess replies, rising from her curtsy. "Please, come in."

Gesturing to the heroes, she leads them into the keep. "I suppose I should tell you a little bit more about our situation... A few months ago, my son started acting a little... strange. Both my husband and I figured he was just under a lot of pressure. Things have been heating up lately... One morning, however, he didn't awaken. We tried everything; shaking him, pouring water on him, calling to him, using magic to try to rouse him... Nothing worked. He had been placed under a spell, we realized. Someone wanted him to sleep for a long, long time."

The duchess' smile begins to fade. "We hunted the Witch who cast the spell, though. Wilton traced the magic. We found her and cut her down, but only after she refused to lift the curse. That didn't dispel it, however."

"He's been sleeping for a while now. Our Sorcerer has been keeping him healthy with magic, but if he doesn't awaken soon, I..." She clears her throat before continuing. "The Duke and I are both worried sick. We had heard tales of Heroica's brave feats, and together decided that if anyone could save him, it would be you. Wilton has some sort of spell prepared that'll help you save him, but I don't know the details. You'll have to ask him."

"I suppose you have questions, though. Is there anything you would like to ask?"

I glance around — none of us are Ether-users.

"I suppose you have questions, though. Is there anything you would like to ask?"

"I assume that Wilton is an Ether-user in your service, milady?"

"You know why the witch cast the spell on him? Have your son, or even you and your husband, the Duke, enemies with a particular interest having him sleeping for a long time, or something like this?"

"Yes, Wilton is our mage. He's a good one, too, or so I'm told."

Shrugging, Andrea turns to Alexander. "We don't know why the Witch cast the spell. I assume it was because a neighbouring Kingdom hired her, but we've no proof and nobody has confessed. We do our best to stay neutral and export weapons and stonework to the kingdoms around us, but unfortunately that draws a lot of attention..."

Edited by Emjajoas

"If you don't mind, may I ask what you mean by things "heating up?" Is something else going on that we should know about."

Annienal asks softly. She worried that maybe she was getting into more than she bargained for...

The Duchess sighs lightly. "There's been a bit of an... arms race lately. A few neighbouring kingdoms aren't getting along very well. Apparently one of the Princes had some sort of scandalous love affair--with multiple princesses, no less-- but that's not the issue at hand. They're preparing for war, and I'm afraid we're in the middle of it. I'm sure you noticed our main export when you entered the city. It makes things hard, especially with more than one side pressuring you."

She shrugs. "I'm afraid we may not be able to stay neutral for long, but I hope war doesn't break out. We were on good terms with all our neighbours for the longest time. If my son was put to sleep by a neighbouring kingdom, though..."

"Let's not jump to conclusions. All we know right now is that a witch cast a sleeping spell on your son. What did she say before you killed her?"

Annienal opens her mouth but is cut off by other members.

"Oh, well... it's okay, I didn't really have any other question anyways..."

"Let's not jump to conclusions. All we know right now is that a witch cast a sleeping spell on your son. What did she say before you killed her?"

"Before we killed her, the Witch told her that this was what our son needed. I... None of us are sure what she meant."

"Is there any kingdom which you find especially likely to have put your son to sleep?"

"Unfortunately not. Most of the time, we communicate through envoys and messangers. They send gold, food, and other things of value, and in return, we send them weapons, stone, metal, or labourers to help craft buildings. None of the messangers have displayed any strange behaviour, or reported anything out of the ordinary. My husband has received no threats. We're not being blackmailed. There's no reason our son should be in this situation without someone providing one. It's worrying."

She clears her throat again. "Excuse me."

She turns, gesturing the heroes to follow her up a stone staircase. Upon reaching the top, they enter a fair-sized room, decorated lightly with metal and stone sculptures of horses, knights, swords, and chariots. Lying in the middle of the room is a large bed; in that bed lies a man, slumbering peacefully. He looks content, though skinny and gaunt. It seemed as though the weeks without food had taken their toll, despite Wilton's magic keeping him sustained.

14502223808_4109f76e2e_z.jpg

Next to the bed sits a gruff-looking gentleman, a frown creasing his face, his brow wrinkled with worry. He eyes the heroes, obviously judging their worth them, but says nothing. It seemed as though he was the Duke. Near the foot of the bed stands a grey-furred metasimian; he, too, seemed worried for the safety of the young Marquis. That must be Wilton.

The metasimian looks over at the heroes, smiling slightly.

14695642622_22b43a2058_t.jpg

"W-w-welcome, h-heroes," he stammers, bowing his head slightly. "You've f-f-finally arrived. I a-am W-W-Wilton; I have b-been serv-ving the D-D-Duke for l-longer than I can r-r-remember. What m-might you heroes b-be n-n-n-named?"

The Duchess speaks up, introducing each of the heroes in turn. "She is Annienal; he's Francis; that one is Alexander; and that last one is Bartholomew."

"Heroes," she adds, gesturing to the gruff man sitting by the bed. "This is my husband, Duke Udeus Stonekeep."

14672915866_9a5d41a28a_t.jpg

The Duke nods. "I have heard much about Heroica. I look forward to seeing your accomplishments firsthand."

"I am sure you w-would like to know ab-b-bout what it is you're g-going to be d-doing. I w-will exp-plain. I have d-devised a sp-pell that will t-t-transport you into the M-M-Marquis' d-dream. Once th-there, you n-n-n-need only find him and help him aw-w-w-waken. I will n-n-n-not be able t-t-to follow, as I m-must chann-nnel the sp-spell, but it should n-n-n-n-not be a hard t-task for heroes such as y-yourselves. D-do you have any q-questions?"

"It's good to meet you master Wilton. As for questions, are there any problems you foresee us encountering while we're in the dreamworld?"

Edited by Captain Settle

"Good day, Lord Stonekeep, Master Wilton.

"I do have one question: I've done something quite similar to this in the past; we don't have to carry any special artifacts or give up any of our equipment, correct?"

Annienal, stands near the back, her awkward height making her standout still. She speaks to the duke while trying to keep a straight posture, almost seemingly reciting her words.

"Um, salutations, Duke Stonekeep, I am Annienal Anavir, cadet- er... um, former cadet... of Trost Military College..."

Her face turns red from embarrassment over her fumble. She looks even more anxious after hearing about the plan.

"Wilton... is this spell you're using on us... has it been tested before?"

"It's good to meet you master Wilton. As for questions, are there any problems you foresee us encountering while we're in the dreamworld?"

"Th-there should n-n-n-n-not be any p-problems, unless the y-young m-m-Marquis is having a n-n-n-n-nightmare. Though from the l-looks of things, he's r-r-resting q-quite p-peacefully."

"Good day, Lord Stonekeep, Master Wilton.

"I do have one question: I've done something quite similar to this in the past; we don't have to carry any special artifacts or give up any of our equipment, correct?"

"I d-doubt it. This sp-spell t-transports you d-d-directly into his d-dream. You should k-k-keep all your eq-q-quipment. You m-m-may also b-be able to b-b-bring things b-back. However-r-r, if s-something h-happens to you in the d-dream, it w-will affect you when you ret-t-turn. M-m-may I ask how your s-similar v-v-venture w-went?"

Annienal, stands near the back, her awkward height making her standout still. She speaks to the duke while trying to keep a straight posture, almost seemingly reciting her words.

"Um, salutations, Duke Stonekeep, I am Annienal Anavir, cadet- er... um, former cadet... of Trost Military College..."

Her face turns red from embarrassment over her fumble. She looks even more anxious after hearing about the plan.

"Wilton... is this spell you're using on us... has it been tested before?"

"N-n-n-n-n-n-no."

Wilton pauses for a moment. "N-n-n-n-not by m-m-me. I r-read ab-bout it, and l-learned the m-m-magic, though, so i-it should w-work."

"Th-there should n-n-n-n-not be any p-problems, unless the y-young m-m-Marquis is having a n-n-n-n-nightmare. Though from the l-looks of things, he's r-r-resting q-quite p-peacefully."

"Hmm... If there shouldn't be any problems, why did you need heroes? Surely one of you or your guards could have retrieved the Marquis."