Sign in to follow this  
Modulex Guy

MOC: Old European train station.

traintech1.jpg

I've been asked a few times at shows, "I like your town, but where is the train station??"

So... I built one!

Built like old European buildings like in Germany, a train station:

P1050926.jpg

Young couple waiting for the train:

P1050927.jpg

The platform:

P1050928.jpg

The station building:

P1050929.jpg

The front of the station:

P1050930.jpg

Bike racks:

P1050931.jpg

The ticket office:

P1050932.jpg

The bay window:

P1050934.jpg

The second floor is empty right now until I finish building the offices.

Comments Welcome!

LOVE the bike racks!

Seconded! The bike racks are great! I also really like the bow window. Bonus points for the old style 1x2x2 red windows. :thumbup: :thumbup: The overall design is great and it certainly captures that old 'Euro' feel. The simulated 'Tudor' style is also really wonderful. Great work!

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Even the bikes in the racks are German (colors of the flag). It looks great overall. The only comment I have is that the diagonal line look kind of "blocky" compared to the overall smooth look of the station. You might try out some of the diagonal Tudor techniques that others - primarily in castle building - have used.

Edited by Rick

What a beautiful station! There's only two things that I'd improve. Firstly, as Rick said, the Fachwerk style diagonal lines on the building are distracting because of their blockiness. Here is an example of how people use slopes and tiles for fachwerk houses.

The other thing is, maybe you could give the station a name, and have the sign say "Bahnhof" rather than "Station", since the design is based on German architecture.

Wonderful job! :thumbup: Love the main classic atmosphere of your MOC and all the great details like your famous tree with the birdhouse and the bike racks :wink:

Really stunning. :thumbup: I recognized the old German "Fachwerk" style before I even got around to reading your description. The details are really nice. It would go well with my old BR50. :wink: I am looking forward to seeing more of your work soon!

Edited by missouri_bb63

I don't have much to add, you've got a great building here, and as others mentioned, your bike racks are inspired. Unlike some of the others, I like the blocky diagonals. I realize it isn't "correct" but I like it anyway. ALso, the nice wide platform leaves alot of room for minifig action and scene setting. Well done.

Even the bikes in the racks are German (colors of the flag). It looks great overall. The only comment I have is that the diagonal line look kind of "blocky" compared to the overall smooth look of the station. You might try out some of the diagonal Tudor techniques that others - primarily in castle building - have used.

Yes, I know they are a bit blocky, I was thinking of using a headlight brick and a 1x6 tile to get the right effect.

What a beautiful station! There's only two things that I'd improve. Firstly, as Rick said, the Fachwerk style diagonal lines on the building are distracting because of their blockiness. Here is an example of how people use slopes and tiles for fachwerk houses.

The other thing is, maybe you could give the station a name, and have the sign say "Bahnhof" rather than "Station", since the design is based on German architecture.

About that sign, I originally was not going to have that and am going to make my own better sign, it is just this one, I found in a bin of mixed LEGO I bought at the same time I was building the station.

I was like: "oh look, it says 'station' i'll just plop this in front of the station I'm making" :laugh:

I'm re-doing the bike rack because I think I can make it more realistic, and will re-do the diagonals to make them more... not blocky.