Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 37: Princess Panic

~This topic is for chosen heroes only. If you want to learn how to play, visit the Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

title.jpg

The heroes, having no employer, other than the Princess, have no one to go to meet. So they just book a trip at the dock. They sail to "Château de la Ville," where the letter told them to go. The view of the city comes into view.

city.png

You have 24 hours to confirm. Let's get this started! :classic:

Party:

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, Level 18 Warden *hastened* *Party Leader*

Power: 29 (28 for ranged attacks) Health: 33/33 Gold: 4

Inventory: Wave Sword (WP:11, cursed effect), Crossbow of the Pongcanis (Darkness Elemental, Ice Elemental, Light Elemental), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

drake_1.jpg

Drake Flamerobe,level 5 knight 39 year old male human

Power:10 Health:14/14 Gold:292 Inventory:Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix essence, Tonic, Greatsword(WP:5),shovel,bedroll

zTI3J.png

Sorrow, Level 5 Rogue - HP: 11/11 Gold: 191 Power: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP = 5) Steel Fan (WP = 12) Scythe (WP = 3) Potion x2, Venom, Pheonix Essence, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Nostrum x2

I take a swig of the glass of water I had been drinking on the boat.

"Well, here we are. First, I'd like to equip my Steel Fan.

Seems like a rather humble place to have a princess - but it matters not. Assuming that this is royalty that got nabbed, surely we could ask townspeople for info?"

OOC: Inventory looks good. I just want the Steel fan in front of the Longsword din my inventory, thats all.

OOC: Inventory looks good. I just want the Steel fan in front of the Longsword din my inventory, thats all.

Done. :classic:

I take a swig of the glass of water I had been drinking on the boat.

What water? That wasn't in your inventory. They charge you money for that. :poke:

Done. :classic:

What water? That wasn't in your inventory. They charge you money for that. :poke:

OOC: Look, If we go through the trouble to book a cruise, I at least expect complimentary beverages! :tongue:

OOC: Look, If we go through the trouble to book a cruise, I at least expect complimentary beverages! :tongue:

Fair enough.

What did the cruise cost? :laugh:

Fair enough.

What did the cruise cost? :laugh:

OOC: ...I think I'll just put it on Ms Princess's tab. :laugh:

I'm here!

But my inventory really isn't right. You forgot my whole second row! :tongue:

So add on:

Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

And also, my crossbow's WP is 10 :wink: You forgot to mention that.

I'm here!

But my inventory really isn't right. You forgot my whole second row! :tongue:

So add on:

Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

And also, my crossbow's WP is 10 :wink: You forgot to mention that.

"How'd you like the cruise, Benji?"

I say, taking a swig of water.

"Thank Helvetia Byblos booked it for us."

I say, taking a swig of water.

:facepalm:

Party:

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, Level 18 Warden *hastened* *Party Leader*

Power: 29 (28 for ranged attacks) Health: 33/33 Gold: 4

Inventory: Wave Sword (WP:11, cursed effect), Crossbow of the Pongcanis(WP: 10) (Darkness Elemental, Ice Elemental, Light Elemental), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

drake_1.jpg

Drake Flamerobe,level 5 knight 39 year old male human

Power:10 Health:14/14 Gold:292 Inventory:Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix essence, Tonic, Greatsword(WP:5),shovel,bedroll

zTI3J.png

Sorrow, Level 5 Rogue - HP: 11/11 Gold: 191 Power: 10

Inventory: ) Steel Fan (WP = 12) Longsword (WP = 5) Scythe (WP = 3) Potion x2, Venom, Pheonix Essence, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Nostrum x2

OOC: Erm, what happens if Drake doesn't confirm?

QM Note: Flare, is it ok for you to control Drake/xxlrocka for today and tomorrow? If he doesn’t post then, I’ll return him to the Hall and get another hero

The heroes step off the luxurious Sorrow of the Seas. They find themselves in the dock area of the city. They realize that the city is broken into 3 sections. The East is the docks. The South West is residential areas and main buildings. North lies the farms and markets. Each lead through a grove of trees and grass to a large tower in the middle. You currently spy 3 tough, greedy looking guards patrolling the wall.

map.jpg

The map and how it works.

The tower’s only door is the one facing South, by the trail.

Each colored dash represents a window. Red dashes are 1st story windows. Blue identifies windows on the second story. Green is the only window on the 3rd story. And last, yellow is the top floor.

Note: Sorrow/Endgame, I’m still trying to get your picture on the map, but it’s not working. I think I fixed it. But for now, you will be represented by a Red Question mark. :grin:

Objective

You must recruit people and or construct siege equipment to lead an assault on the tower. You may choose to do none of those things. And just fight your way in. This is not advised.

Note: This is similar to Brickdoctor’s Quest #17.

Where would the party like to go? Who do they talk to?

"Huh. This is an odd city... My presence here is questionable.*"

"Anyway, I vote we first go to the Market Place. If we want to convince the townspeople we're going to lay siege to the tower, we need a siege weapon first. I'm assuming they'll have some basic materials and whatnot."

OOC: *Sorry, I had to! :tongue:

"Huh. This is an odd city... My presence here is questionable.*"

"Anyway, I vote we first go to the Market Place. If we want to convince the townspeople we're going to lay siege to the tower, we need a siege weapon first. I'm assuming they'll have some basic materials and whatnot."

OOC: *Sorry, I had to! :tongue:

"Sounds like a good idea, my little friend. I say that we go to the market place."

OOC: I'll take care of Drake if the need arises.

"Sounds like a good idea, my little friend. I say that we go to the market place."

OOC: I'll take care of Drake if the need arises.

"...Erm, little? We're equal in height."

"Why, the nerve of that warden...!"

"Eh, doesn't matter. Any ideas for siege machines?"

Edited by Endgame

"...Erm, little? We're equal in height."

"Why, the nerve of that warden...!"

"Eh, doesn't matter. Any ideas for siege machines?"

OOC: Ooh, sorry, from your icon it looked to me that you used short legs on Sorrow :tongue:

"Erm, uh, yeah, well, I meant that you're little in the way that I'm level 18 and you're only 5. But anyways, I am 2 inches taller" :sadnew:

"Yeah, siege machine? Uh... we could get a catapult, and shoot you up? You don't look very heavy, and I doubt that an alter ego adds much weight, so I don't see why that wouldn't work..."

You travel to the market. You see a farmer selling things to your left. A bigger stall farther down the track. A Weapons tent on your right. Strangely, 2 guards in dark colored armor stand guard. You notice that another guard, wearing blue, stands to the right. Something's fishy.

market.png

OOC: Ooh, sorry, from your icon it looked to me that you used short legs on Sorrow :tongue:

"Erm, uh, yeah, well, I meant that you're little in the way that I'm level 18 and you're only 5. But anyways, I am 2 inches taller" :sadnew:

"Yeah, siege machine? Uh... we could get a catapult, and shoot you up? You don't look very heavy, and I doubt that an alter ego adds much weight, so I don't see why that wouldn't work..."

"You seem to be forgetting the fact that the tower is made out of stone, not taffy. I'd rather not be a stain on a tower wall. :blush: "

"But what we make depends solely on waht they sell here."

I walk over to the dark clad guard.

"Excuse me, sir, any reason the marketplace needs armed guards?"

"I'm pretty sure they are in state of emergency here - just a guess."

I walk over to the dark clad guard.

"Excuse me, sir, any reason the marketplace needs armed guards?"

drkcrusader.png

"Hey! :angry: That's Lord to you. If you weren't a foreigner, I'd have your backside whipped! Now be off, before you are reported to the Fantome Croise."

drkcrusader.png

"Hey! :angry: That's Lord to you. If you weren't a foreigner, I'd have your backside whipped! Now be off, before you are reported to the Fantome Croise."

Touchy, touchy. I walk back over to Benji and Drake.

"You guys both have diplomacy, right?" I say in a hardly audible whisper "Try double teaming him."

"No need to be hasty. Lets look around at the different places first. Lets start off with the weapons tent."

"No need to be hasty. Lets look around at the different places first. Lets start off with the weapons tent."

"Fair enough. Perhaps we'll be able to get our... supplies... there."

"Fair enough. Perhaps we'll be able to get our... supplies... there."

"I've noticed that you have quite a bit of gold, if we find anything of value that I might be interested in, do you think that I might be able to borrow some from you?"

Edited by Flare

"I've noticed that you have quite a bit of gold, if we find anything of value that I might be interested in, do you think that I might be able to borrow some from you?"

"Sure. Your coin pouch does like pretty... vacant."

"Sure. Your coin pouch does like pretty... vacant."

"Yeah, it definitely feels pretty empty... didn't get much gold from my last quest, we sorta failed. I'd prefer to not talk about it, I think you'd understand."

It seems as if a dark shadow has fallen over Benji, as he recalls his failed quest, that dreadful spot on his record at Heroica that will never be cleaned...

Edited by Flare

You walk to the Weapon shop, ran by a Charis Guard. (Charis is the country you're in, if you don't know.)

charisguard.png

"Uhh.. umm.. greetings. Y-you s-see, we uh, have these available to buy:"

Crossbow (WP: 1) 10 gold

Spear (WP: 5) 50 gold

Throwing knife (WP 5) 50 gold

We also have items to rent. (Must be returned at the end of the quest.)

Rent:

Crossbow w/ Iron sights (WP: 4) (Grants *Lucky* effect while equipped.) 40 gold

Blued Sword (WP: 8) 90 gold