soccerkid6

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat C: Battle at Skergat Pass

This is my Category C entry to Challenge 2. I've been meaning to do a large landscape with lots of tilted plates for a while now. Most of the larger plates are simply resting in place (though they're held there by the stuff around them), the smaller plates by the ruins are all actually attached.

As soon as the scouts had reported to Glorfindel that a Black Spire army would be traveling through Skergat Pass, Glorfindel ordered his men to prepare for an ambush. The Mitgardian soldiers were soon concealed along the ridges on both sides of the ravine. Once the Black Spire army was well into the pass, Glorfindel signaled for the attack. Pouring down the sides of the ravine his men had both the advantages of surprise and the higher ground.

14308358644_8e10b93303_c.jpg

left.JPG

right.JPG

fp.JPG

horses-l.JPG

center.JPG

Without figs:

14308359484_a94e077d62_c.jpg

right-e.JPG

ruins.JPG

tree.JPG

More pictures can be seen here: link

C&C welcome :classic:

Wow! Great entry SK! Love the fig posing, super dynamic! The landscape itself is gorgeous! I see we both like that olive-dark tan combo. :wink: . I love the angled plates and that tree is awesome! Great work SK! :classic:

Sweet landscaping SK :thumbup:

The sense of action and chaos with the fig (and horse!) posing is brilliant.

Well done!

Awesome. I really like this. the color is great and the elevation changes are superb!

It looks amazing. The ruin looks awesome, the ground is superb, everything is awesome! Love the figposing, it really looks like they are fighting. Great work!

Great landscaping, especially the angled parts which blend in very well in the orthogonal parts :classic:

I also like the fig posing a lot, those Spire forces look like they are doomed!

Wow! Great entry SK! Love the fig posing, super dynamic! The landscape itself is gorgeous! I see we both like that olive-dark tan combo. :wink: . I love the angled plates and that tree is awesome! Great work SK! :classic:

Thanks Infernum! And olive green/dark tan is definitely one of my favorite landscape color schemes :classic:

Really nice angling and texturing on the ground! It looks crazy fragile to pose all those figs on, though :sick:

Thank you, the landscapes actually pretty sturdy :classic:

Great landscaping and great scene! Love it!

Sweet landscaping SK :thumbup:

The sense of action and chaos with the fig (and horse!) posing is brilliant.

Well done!

Thanks mrcp6d!

I really like it! How sturdy is this technique?

Thanks Carson! And if executed properly the tilted plates can be quite sturdy. The trick is to build around the tilted sections locking them in place (which I did with the rockwork mainly in this build) :classic:

Awesome. I really like this. the color is great and the elevation changes are superb!

Thanks ZC :sweet:

It looks amazing. The ruin looks awesome, the ground is superb, everything is awesome! Love the figposing, it really looks like they are fighting. Great work!

Thanks Alfadas, the fig posing was one of the things I was most concerned about being good :classic:

Excellent build! That landscape is fantastic- love the angles!

Thanks LV, the landscape was surprisingly easy to build :classic:

Love the fig posing and the landscaping! Nice work!

Thanks!

Great landscaping, especially the angled parts which blend in very well in the orthogonal parts :classic:

I also like the fig posing a lot, those Spire forces look like they are doomed!

Thanks Gideon, glad you like it :classic:

Holy Crap that's amazing! The ground looks so realistic. Great Job on it all!

Wow, this build looks fantastic!

The landscaping looks so realistic, I really like the technique you have used to create the small hills on each side of the pass.

Your minifigs, especially the Mitgardian soldiers are also well done, I hope they'll win the battle! :grin:

So much action in this scene! Such a nice landscaping, the angled plates fits perfect in the very varying landscapebricks!

Great scene! Love the story and the landscape is superb! The little bit of ruins is a nice touch. :classic:

Wonderful job SK! That landscaping is among the best I've seen. The whole build is incredibly vibrant and well composed - that hill is perfectly done, and perfectly placed. Very nice!

Great landscaping SK... Those angles are lovely...! And nice minifig posing!

Holy Crap that's amazing! The ground looks so realistic. Great Job on it all!

Thanks!

Wow, this build looks fantastic!

The landscaping looks so realistic, I really like the technique you have used to create the small hills on each side of the pass.

Your minifigs, especially the Mitgardian soldiers are also well done, I hope they'll win the battle! :grin:

Thank you, Wat Tambor. And the Mitgardians will win for sure :thumbup:

So much action in this scene! Such a nice landscaping, the angled plates fits perfect in the very varying landscapebricks!

Thanks DM!

Great scene! Love the story and the landscape is superb! The little bit of ruins is a nice touch. :classic:

Thank you, Alfadas suggested some ruins and I thought that was a good idea :classic:

Very dynamic & chaotic battle (as battles should be :wink: ), and the irregular terrain brings it to life. Great build!

Thank you :classic:

Wonderful job SK! That landscaping is among the best I've seen. The whole build is incredibly vibrant and well composed - that hill is perfectly done, and perfectly placed. Very nice!

Thanks MassEditor!

Great ruined wall sections and tree. The battle scene is also well posed :thumbup:

Thank you, glad you like the tree :classic:

Great landscaping SK... Those angles are lovely...! And nice minifig posing!

Thanks Gunman :classic:

Pretty cool, Issac! The lighting could be better. The ruins add good detail!

Thank you, the lighting could be better. I'm not an expert photographer by. any means

That landscaping is superb, amazing realism! Although the dark tan in my imaginantion is usually located in Mitgardia. I try to use a different main ground color for each guild.

Excellent entry SK! The landscaping is top notch and the battle scene is very exciting. Great work with all the detail shots of the action! :thumbup:

That landscaping is superb, amazing realism! Although the dark tan in my imaginantion is usually located in Mitgardia. I try to use a different main ground color for each guild.

Thanks kabel! I usually think of dark tan as a mainly Mitgardian color too :classic:

Excellent entry SK! The landscaping is top notch and the battle scene is very exciting. Great work with all the detail shots of the action! :thumbup:

Thanks Gabe! I was really happy with the one picture that is almost FP, with the archers in the background :classic: