Sign in to follow this  
IenjoyLego89

AoM: Tower Phase 3

Watch Towers can be found along the river Staal in Volhaal, to protect the main trading routes in and out of Graystar. They have stacks of wood on top which can be lit to warn the city of impending danger.

15701470105_97636f8f2d.jpg

15556153690_cf9c282b4c.jpg

15555105339_ac18029b62.jpg

15556161970_a827483920.jpg

Ground Floor and Basement

15741033485_912d871202.jpg

1st Floor/Captains Quarters

15555098429_32a97521ee.jpg

2nd Floor/Soldiers Quarters

15555597278_8b90b393c5.jpg

Beacon

I've had the tower built for a long while, but decided that the rock work needed to be updated :hmpf_bad:

Hope this phase 3 is enough to pass, all C&C gladly welcome

Nice job, the only thing I can see that need improving are the gap in the rock work at the side and the fact that the 1 x 1 trans plates reminded me of sand in the first photo, changing the colour of the bricks underneath them or adding some trans light blue ones would fix that.

Nice tower, and it's firmly planted in some pretty good rockwork too! Not sure what it looked like before, but it's quite polished now.

Nice work! I like how the tower blends into the rock work. :)

Thanks LV :)

Nice job, the only thing I can see that need improving are the gap in the rock work at the side and the fact that the 1 x 1 trans plates reminded me of sand in the first photo, changing the colour of the bricks underneath them or adding some trans light blue ones would fix that.

Cheers BrickCurve :) all my light trans were being used in another upcoming moc, so I had to use dark blue trans instead.

Nice tower, and it's firmly planted in some pretty good rockwork too! Not sure what it looked like before, but it's quite polished now.

Cheers mrcp6d :) the rock work is much better in this build than my previous :)

Nicely polished build! Great work!

Thanks Mike S :)

I can't quite put my finger on what makes me love this build, but for some reason I do! Great job!

Ha cheers Carson Haupt :)

Sweet tower! The little ledges on the tower look better than I would have thought :thumbup: The bamboo leaves give a neat texture as well.

And it has a great interior :wub: nice work packing details into such small rooms :classic:

Wonderfull tower, with a bit of modularity too! The tower looks awesome, just as the rockwork!

Sweet tower! The little ledges on the tower look better than I would have thought :thumbup: The bamboo leaves give a neat texture as well.

And it has a great interior :wub: nice work packing details into such small rooms :classic:

Thanks SK! :classic: I was second guessing the ledges myself but they break up the simple tower build :classic:

Wonderfull tower, with a bit of modularity too! The tower looks awesome, just as the rockwork!

Cheers Jorrith :classic:

Nice tower, lenjoyLego!

The crenelations and ledges work very well. I also like the incorporation of the banners on the walls. The interior looks nice, especially the hatch to the basement and the bed design. The rocks look great as well, but I do agree that the water looks a little bit too white and does look a bit like sand (which would actually be fitting for seaside rocks to have sand at the base).

Brick on, lenjoyLego!

Nice tower, lenjoyLego!

The crenelations and ledges work very well. I also like the incorporation of the banners on the walls. The interior looks nice, especially the hatch to the basement and the bed design. The rocks look great as well, but I do agree that the water looks a little bit too white and does look a bit like sand (which would actually be fitting for seaside rocks to have sand at the base).

Brick on, lenjoyLego!

Thanks Slegengr :) I'll keep that water critic in mind next time I create a moc with water :)

Great tower mate :) The detailing and rockwork are very well done. I have no specific favorite part because I love everything about this. There are so many nice little touchs.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Great tower mate :) The detailing and rockwork are very well done. I have no specific favorite part because I love everything about this. There are so many nice little touchs.

Cheers Sir Gareth :) I think this is one of my favourite builds :)

Cool, nice tower! The rock work looks very believable, and the tower has a nice rugged feel to it. It must be a bit cramped to live inside though! :tongue:

Cool, nice tower! The rock work looks very believable, and the tower has a nice rugged feel to it. It must be a bit cramped to live inside though! :tongue:

Cheers Hammerhand :) ha I say it's quite cramped alright :)

As I said on Flickr (or as I think I said and should have said if I didn't say - because frankly, I've slept since then and don't remember), I really like the bamboo stalks growing out of the tower; it gives it a "cheery" feel, so to speak. Great rockwork as well! :thumbup:

As I said on Flickr (or as I think I said and should have said if I didn't say - because frankly, I've slept since then and don't remember), I really like the bamboo stalks growing out of the tower; it gives it a "cheery" feel, so to speak. Great rockwork as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai :classic: I think that's the best rock work I've done so far :sweet: