purpleparadox

Meet at the cottage

I sat on the roof of the cottage, with my best friend since childhood, Reina Oakheart. How could she not see that I'd fallen in love with her?

IMG_3922.jpg?t=1338146157

When I was a child, I met Reina. We'd collided while secretly exploring a forest in Avalonian territory. We had promised to keep it a secret, and we started meeting more often. Before long, we were best friends. She knew me like the back of her hand. I trusted her with a great many secrets. She was artistic, a painter. We loved exploring together, and I always played my guitar for her.

One day, we decided we needed somewhere to meet, somewhere that inspired her with her art, and me with my music. We staked out an area near the Avalonia border, where we could see forests, hear birds, smell sweet flowers. It was perfect. We built a cottage, but soon ran out of wood. We used stones, sand, anything we could find to build a small shelter. It didn't look great, but to us it was a castle. I presented Reina with a beautiful gem to use as a door handle. Like I said, it was perfect

Now, years later, I realize I love her. She seems oblivious to my feelings, but she knows me too well for that. So why won't she talk to me about it?

IMG_3925.jpg?t=1338146377

On this particular day, we were sitting on the roof of our cottage. She painted as I strummed my guitar.

“What do you think of these happenings with the Drow?” She asked.

“I don’t see why we’re sitting idly by and not helping Nocturnus,” I replied. “Kaliphlin traders think war’s good for the economy, but they’re selfish. War could tear Historica apart.”

“None should ever stop you from doing what you think is right,” said Reina, “Do what you feel in your heart.”

I pondered that for some time, before telling her, “I had a vision come to me in my dreams.”

“Of what?” Reina’s interest was captured.

As I described it, she worked feverishly to capture the vision in a painting.

There was a fiery land, like the realm of Hell itself. Completely black beings of darkness came streaming from its depths. They were attacking, invading a brighter place. Heaven, it seemed. The beings of light, guardians, were struggling to fight them off. They were fighting a losing battle.

0591ccc4.jpg?t=1338145258

Her painting depicted it perfectly.

“But what does it mean?” I inquired. “I can’t believe that it’s just a random occurrence. It has to mean something!”

“A prediction of what’ll come from the war.” Reina said grimly. “I’m sure that’s what it is.”

“Promise me you won’t get involved.” I pleaded. “I won’t bear it if something happens to you.”

“I’ll do what my duty as a Kaliphlin requires.” She said. “I’ll make no promises.”

“If you’re planning anything dangerous, I’m coming.” I said. “That’s not an option.”

She smiled, shook her head, and began painting again. I picked up my guitar. Suddenly all of the chords seemed haunting.

-Nariek Francis

To be continued...

Here's some more shots of the cottage:

Front:

IMG_3915.jpg?t=1338148141

Sides:

IMG_3919.jpg?t=1338148271

IMG_3917.jpg

Back:

IMG_3921.jpg

A minifigs PoV for interior:

IMG_3930.jpg

There's a chair, a simple bed, and my favourite part, a fireplace:

IMG_3932.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome and encouraged!

Nice little story! :classic:

The only thing I was twisted by was the fact that first you said we should help Nocturnus and in the second part it is like she is the one who will go to Nocturnus? :classic:

Anyway, I love how you made the picture look like a real painting!!

Again a very nice story :thumbup: Looking forward to see where this heads.

Onto the MOC itself, the fig posing is good, and the house really looks like it was built out of whatever they could find :thumbup:

The roof could use a little more slope in my opinion, but I am a Mitgardian used to lots of snow :laugh:

Keep building!

Nice little story! :classic:

The only thing I was twisted by was the fact that first you said we should help Nocturnus and in the second part it is like she is the one who will go to Nocturnus? :classic:

Anyway, I love how you made the picture look like a real painting!!

I'll clarify a little bit:

I think we should help Nocturnus. So does Reina. I'm not saying we shouldn't help, I'm saying I don't want Reina to help because I don't want her in any danger.

Glad you like the picture/painting!

Again a very nice story :thumbup: Looking forward to see where this heads.

Onto the MOC itself, the fig posing is good, and the house really looks like it was built out of whatever they could find :thumbup:

The roof could use a little more slope in my opinion, but I am a Mitgardian used to lots of snow :laugh:

Keep building!

Thanks, I love writing. I agree about the roof but I was feeling a little bit lazy when I built it I guess. :sceptic::tongue: