Sign in to follow this  
Combee

[MOC] Ogre Encampment

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share this Ogre Encampment with you! This was built for the Lego store community window here in Columbus. The architecture was highly inspired by the Warcraft franchise.

Comments and questions are welcome!

Flickr set link

14392942530_826fd3f535_c.jpg

14392998469_19c3be2242_c.jpg

14599706403_0f2765999d_c.jpg

14393000189_bfb77dfc8c_c.jpg

14392930390_0acbb6205c_c.jpg

Very nice build! I really like the tower and the hut! The posing of the figures was done well too. Great presentation all around.

That is the best tent I have ever seen! Awesome build Combee, I love the rock and the feeding scene is superb. Have you thought of joining Guilds of Historical? This would be perfect for Nocturnus.

I love this! This reminds of orc outposts from World of Warcraft! I love the horns in the roof and the tent, and that oozy green pond makes me wonder what the Ogres have been doing to it! Nice work! I really love it!

Really nice work! I love the hut, especially the shaping of the entrance. :thumbup:

Wow, this is a really nice build. The lookout tower is just perfect. The colors, the shape, everything.

The tent is wonderfully built too. The way the bony spikes are bristling everywhere, but still aren't overabundant. Really nice job. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, really nice tower and tent! Very reminiscent of the world of Warcraft. Great use of the tail pieces.

Brilliant, love the shaping on the tent and the top of the tower. Very nice work with tail pieces and various wedges. The color scheme is neat and refreshing, dark red and olive green being some of my favorite LEGO colors, and the trans-green pond adds great extra detail.

This looks awesome! When I saw the first picture, I didn't even need to read the description to know Warcraft was your main inspiration here. Great job :thumbup: ! It looks suitably "barbaric" with all those spikes and skulls. Nice use of those dinosaur tail pieces to get that curvy look in your buildings. You did an outstanding job here. I love it, both the tower, tent and the minifig cast.

Very recognisable! If they were orcs, this scene could be right outside of oggrimmar!

As others have said, awesome work. Love the lake and the hut. And everything else for that matter... :laugh:

Great work. Love the little pig pen. Would love to see a breakdown of how you constructed that tent!

Would love to see a breakdown of how you constructed that tent!

Here you go. Hope this helps!

14598921985_f16760bbdd_c.jpg

Thanks for that breakdown! This whole thing's fantastic. It immediately screams "WoW" (makes me wanna dust off my old characters I haven't played in months). Might have to try to make one of these to give my own little cyclops "ogre" squad a home!