Sign in to follow this  
marco9999

Sets "stolen" from the LDD Official Sets topic

Discussion moved here from the LDD Official Sets topic

Wait, if you have so many sets on that gallery page, then why haven't you posted any of them here? It'd be helpful to do so.

After reading this I visited that page and found some models (i.e. 7690) that I clearly recognize as made by me for Eurobricks and posted by some other users without any quoting. The parts layout and the brick-built mocks were the same, just minifigures and vehicles were placed differently. Is that ok?

Edited by Calabar

@LegoPegasister09: I tried to upload a few things here... unfortunately, I can't, because Internet Explorer and Eurobricks don't agree, and I currently am unable to switch browsers on the computer I'm using that has LDD on it.

After reading this I visited that page and found some models (i.e. 7690) that I clearly recognize as made by me for Eurobricks and posted by some other users without any quoting. The parts layout and the brick-built mocks were the same, just minifigures and vehicles were placed differently. Is that ok?

Ciao marco,

I've checked the Lego LDD gallery page and I've found 3 of my models published by someone else. I'm sure most of his published models were originally created by you.

I commented his entries pointing to the original EB posts. Let's see what the moderators will do with them.

Ciao marco,

I've checked the Lego LDD gallery page and I've found 3 of my models published by someone else. I'm sure most of his published models were originally created by you.

I commented his entries pointing to the original EB posts. Let's see what the moderators will do with them.

Thank you Zoli for being so considerate.

After all it is not such a serious matter, Lego official models belong to Lego and it is just great that they share the instructions and let this wonderful forum exist. I enjoy models made in LDD or LDRAW by other users and in return I like that other people enjoy "my" models. I partly consider them "mine" because I spent some time on them and I would not post something that other people spent their time on without quoting them, but this is just my way.

PS I never used the word "stolen".

Edited by marco9999

I found my 8297 A model on there a while back. The groups and errors in the model are exactly the same; they just moved the camera, re-saved and reuploaded as their own work. While I can't claim ownership of the model, I did spend hours building it, and it makes me a bit sick to see the comment "Please take a look at my other creations".

But wondered if it'd just be a waste of time to bring it up.

I've made hundreds of things here and I really wouldn't be surprised if most of them had been re-uploaded somewhere. There's nothing I can do about it, and not a whole lot of point in getting stressed out. It's making me reconsider retirement from the index though.

A few years back I used to make free website software, and I found that other people were lifting entire blocks of code right out of my work and putting it in their own software without a proper understanding of how the functions worked, so I just stopped. They also stopped releasing updates, because they no longer had their own coder.

Not much you can do there. You could ask them to credit you for the original work. If they insist they made it themselves, remind them that all the grouping (if used) and parts including errors are the same as yours.

Beyond that, let it be. We could try to steer people away from offending sites and suggest they look here on Eurobricks forum first for anything including the massive LDD model collections.

I wrote comments mentioning the EB links on "his" creations what I built. All the comments are moderated by someone at TLG. Now the 3 models have been disappeared from "his" creations.