Jorrith

Some of my Monster Fighters creations

First i want to appoligise for the poor quality of some pics, it's quite hard to get decent ones from a cell phone, and my digital camera is so old that it's unusable in low light conditions. I never posted anything i made yet, because i deemed it to be "could be improved" but B Rick has been asking about it, so i promised to post some things.

Well i have posted some pics of my version of the vampire herse in one of B Rick's topics, but here it is again:

full.jpg

Added two more bones to make this a 8 cilinder/bone engine, and also the front grille was changed:

full.jpg

The wobbly vampire teeth had to go, and i did like the grille from the MF car in the mad proffessor set better on this herse.

full.jpg

The play feature was removed, and the openings in the floor were closed, meaning the tires won't ruin dracula's coffin.

full.jpg

The rear of the car features a side opening door now...

full.jpg

Also the rear was lowered a bit, and the loose exaust pipes were fixed.

full.jpg

A shot underneath the car... Simple, but effective.

Not built/modified in this order, but i also modified the ghost train:

full.jpg

It will run on track now, but i still have to figure out how to motorise it. Dr_Spock did a nice job with his train, but i like how the front bogie turned out so i want to motorise the tender instead, and keep the battery in one of the following wagons. I'm making up a design in LDD for these, but not sure when i can complete this train.

full.jpg

The skulls in the bogie are my favorite, but the construction is a bit wobbly.

full.jpg

Can't wait to see this screaming down the track!

full.jpg

I've added the extra pair of drive wheels in the set, and made sort of a connection to the front bogie like on the constitution train chase locomotive. Still don't have all the parts to make this all nice, but it's functional as a proof of concept.

full.jpg

Underneath the train there's still lots of work to do, but all in due time and money....

Next up is my partially completed vampire castle... I say partially because i still need to complete the rear half of it, and who knows if it will ever turn out this way? My previous attempt failed due to running out of bricks, so i tried to build only one half. Still things that could be improved, but i should not complain with the amount of bricks that i have...

full.jpg

full.jpg

One of the turned is keeping guard.

full.jpg

The rear of the castle is just raised with some poor brick building, so it looks better... If it sits on the shelf you can't see this, but eventually the rear of the castle will be built.

full.jpg

Also the mad proffessor has set up shop in the top tower. This was the most ideal place to catch lightning for his experiments.

full.jpg

The treasure room is haunted...

full.jpg

The werewolf is trusted with opening the main gate...

full.jpg

One of the trap doors that lead right to the basement, and a bed of sharp spikes...

full.jpg

Building this castle, i wanted to keep some features from the original, so the map room and organ had to be there!

full.jpg

Some poor guy tried to steal the treasure, and failed.. He's being kept there as a warning.

full.jpg

And if you did make it into the castle, well it's right off to the dungeon with you!

full.jpg

And that's no fun place for the living....

full.jpg

Or the undead....

With some remaining bricks i managed to whip up something of a cemetery, and look who's there?

full.jpg

It's the grim reaper!

full.jpg

But who else is there??

full.jpg

Looks like two witches are doing something there...

full.jpg

Can't really see what they are up to...

full.jpg

Ah... They are reading from the necronomicon, raising the dead!

full.jpg

One of the witches carries a siccle, just in case the undead are not happy with being awakened....

full.jpg

This zombie was definatly not amused, so the witches locked him inside the crypt.

full.jpg

It's a good thing zombies aren't to bright.... (heck, why do they otherwise want brains all the time?) Otherwise this one would have figured out that the rear of the crypt was open.

full.jpg

Well, that's it for now.... Hope you liked what i've made so far, thanks for watching and C&C is appriciated!

That castle is really cool. I like the torture chamber. It really needs a baseplate though. It would look great with a 48x48 gray baseplate.

Wow Jorrith!

You already know I like your hearse, but I think the castle is really amazing... It now looks really massive. The original is nice, to some extend, but I always thought it lacked... Something. Mass. What a great idea to incorporate the lab. I found that original set a bit disappointing visually. (Lego should've made it more compact imo) what you've done is nice, and more logical setting up the machine in one of the castletower. I like your cellar/basement idea. At one point I had something similar in mind, but decided it would be a bit odd to have a torturechamber under (just) a haunted house. It's way more logical in your castle...

Now that I took another look ar your hearse notice you've used an enveloppe-brick. But not the white ones with the red heart that I've got... Where did you get those?

The train is nice too... would be very cool to see it running on tracks.

Now that I see all these builds I think it's a shame that Lego seems to have dropped the Monsterfighters theme...

Oh, and indeed, your builds deserve better photography... ;)

Thanks!

The first design was actually on a 48x48 baseplate:

full.jpg

But unfortunatly i don't have enough bricks yet... (been out of my dark ages for 6 months now) So i had to settle for something less ambitious. (and this was clearly too overambitious) :blush:

In this design the dungeon would be the mad professor's laboratory, with a dungeon for his test subjects.

full.jpg

The rockwork looked awesome tho.... :wub:

B Rick: those bley envelope bricks with R.I.P. on them are from the 850487Halloween Accessory Set. The tombstone has it, but i used one of my 3 sets for the herse. They are still available, so grab a few sets while you can!

I definatly need a good camera, and a lightbox... Well maybe some time.

And bricks. More bricks.

;)

It's a shame they don't grow on trees....

Thanks everyone for the wonderfull C&C! My building skills need lots of improvement, and yes, more bricks so i finally can complete stuff!

I am in love with that castle. The Ghost Train mod is good so it can run on track, but that castle is the crown jewel, and here I thought the original model was great (It still is), but this tops it. Great work all around!

:vader: impressive!

The first 2 sets are the only ones from the line I don't have so I can't tell what you've done to them, but what you've done to the castle is fantastic. And of course you had to keep the organ, that was hands down the coolest thing about the original set (besides the overall look and feel).

Looking good

Really like that kind of stuff :classic:

the Hears and trains looks great, love those crazy stuff. I've got some of that ideas put in my truck (still in mlcad) but I think I'll see if I can put more of it in it. Seeing your creations I've got plenty of inspiration.

I Think the whole stuff is great, espacially the castle. Lot's of details.

Like it's already said... you definetly need some good camera, and more bricks :wink:

Keep up the good work

ps. I've seen some pics with some loose parts... maybe it's an idea to build a part of castle wich is not finished yet, like a bit of a ruin?

Thank you for the great comments, and it's nice to hear my incomplete work is giving inspiration to others. :blush:

Unfortunatly i did dissasemble the castle last weekend, i was not happy with the design of the base, and some parts of the construction. I've kept the towers intact, and will revisit the castle when i have more bricks. I've also been working on the ghost train, made some minor changes and also modified a virtual train in LDD to the changes i made. So far it looks good, rolls great on track, but i will still need to draw the tender (with motor) and a car that carries the IR receiver and battery box to have it fully motorized. Once that's done i'll bricklink all the parts i need to build this. (recently alot into trains, so this has to be done) :classic:

If it's a nice runner i'll post the LDD file up for anyone interested.

Edited by Jorrith