Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Albion Houses

After seeing Gabes wonderful moc http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68013 I started thinking of something to Albion as well.. and here is the result! I´ve tried to build some intrerior to two of the houses as well.

Hope you like it and C&C are always much welcome!

Credits to DC, Z and SoT.

Welcome to the North West parts of the Inner Sanctum in our beloved Albion. Here you will find the butcher, the gardener and the home of one mighty warrior in the army of Albion.

7139646211_0b10962c99.jpg

Here is the butcher who brings fresh meat to all of Albion. Turkeys, pigs, sheeps, goats, chickens and cows. All can be found here!

6993564742_365a5e8fb5.jpg

Here lives the gardener of Albion. He cuts down the ivy on the walls to lower the risks of any intruders climbing the ivy. However he is keen not to take the job home so the ivy is flourishing on his house.

7139654647_257a1bf8dc.jpg

And inside

6993571418_e46c183c37.jpg

The home of the brave soldier

7139665847_248370b0e3.jpg

And inside

7139666381_3873dc66af.jpg

The twins of Albion, Tim and Tom.

6993587948_5849747b24.jpg

de Gothia have found love. Lena from Albion is the one for him. Guarded by soldiers from both Families.

6993588238_58269c73c6.jpg

But what is this?! Sealgair, led by a city guard, have returned from her quest finding the Earth element. But where is de Gothias niece Quinn?

7139679435_f72f652988.jpg

Sorrow is about to hit de Gothia with full power...

6993593064_8e7bf8142d.jpg

Z: Making it more easy for you my friend, here is a list with numbers on the houses.

33: Garderner

34: Soldiers home

35: Butcher

Ah ha!

Let me run through that which I like first, which is a lot.

Elevation and angles. Great work there. The elevation makes it look so much more realistic and natural and the angled houses also really take the MOC from vanilla to excellent quickly.

I love the blue/dark brown house. Great work on that one. Though blue is not really all that realistic a color for a house, I think it works well in fantasy since that color is just so eye catching. I think it was good to make the other two houses a more muted color to make this one stand out. It has that Medieval Market flare, but it really has a touch of dG as well!

I like the interiors on both houses, especially the gardener's.

I also like the characters and their expressions. They really are conveying an emotion and that is really cool. I can just tell you could make cool background stories for all the characters here.

I like the tan house overall. To me the chimney/fireplace on that one looks a little "flat". I might try to make it stick out from the house more and I might also make the extended chimney more than 1 brick thick. Also, the siding technique on the top with the "cheese" slopes seems like it would look snappier if it was recessed into the wall by half a stud. I also wonder if the second level would look sharper if the black was replaced with brown. I think the black worked on the Medieval Market village house because of all the black around the windows and with the brown rounded ones, it just doesn't quite look as good to me.

I like the detail work on the side of the gardener’s house. The roof though… I know you were struggling with it a little bit- I don’t love the dark bluish gray color or how “rough” it is with the studs on it. I didn’t really have any good ideas for you on how to do that one. Now I wonder if maybe a tan or “thatched” looking roof would have been a good way to go with that. I don't have an example of a thatch roof I like, but that might be a technique for both of us to think about using

I will link these into Albion soon!

great work again De gothia,

not much to add as z covered most of it.

I especially like the Soldiers house. I also like the Butcher but would agree with Z comments about the black and the cheese wedges they don't take from the whole scene IMO but would be a critic if I was looking for one.

Again the elevations and angles add interests.

so what is next?

Yay more houses from de Gothia :grin: I really like your gardeners house, and I'm glad you did an interior :thumbup: The whole thing works together nicely.

I like the way your road starts out cobblestone then transitions to dirt.

Looking forward to your next build :classic:

I can't say I have any criticism's. Look's like your trying out something different. I really like the whole scene and it look's like it would be fun to play on! :thumbup:

There isn't really anything left to say other than great work! the elevation as said before really brings everything out.

I am wanting to know what happened to Quinn though...

dG will you also please post one picture with a link to this thread in the Albion thread? Here is a link to Albion for you!

Thanks for the kind words everybody! :classic:

Z: Yes, that roof gave me headache. :wink: And you´re right regarding the roughness. Maybe some tiles...? The color is easy to answer... I didn´t have any tan left after the ground was done.. :blush: Of course the chimney is to thin. Looking at the first photo it really looks odd compared to the large house! I was blind by building this for some weeks and when you guys notice it, it´s like "bam" of course! :laugh: I like the thought of the black/brown issue and I can understand your point but to me it looks good.

And the photo in the Albion thread is done Z!

mikey: next up is my trying some forced perspecitive. Think Rohan, think white lillies and you are pretty close to what my next moc will be :wink:

Again, thanks everybody, glad to hear that you liked it!

Phew! It´s hard making a reply when my 2 year son is waking up all the time! :laugh:

And the photo in the Albion thread is done Z!

Thanks!

This is the biggest Inner Sanctum build yet! I appreciate that you did a good job represnting the houses position on the map as well since you made multiple buildings. An extra BIG :thumbup: for you! There is no elevation on the Albion map, so I again really think you did a great job with ading the little hill. It also helps with the photos since all the buildings aren't on the same level.

I like the thought of the black/brown issue and I can understand your point but to me it looks good.

So long as you're cool with it! When a MOCer gets to be as good as you, you really have to look for little things to critique. You and others have used the combo before and it didn't stand out quite as much. I always loved the tan MMV building that uses the same scheme, so I was trying to think why this struck me as different, and I think it really is that the windows on the MMV set are black so it seems to blend more.

Yes, that roof gave me headache

Yeah... I never seem to get the roof right unless I use slopes. Trying something different is always good, it just does seem to clash a bit the nice, smooth roofs on the other buildings! Tiles could help. I do like the story that he cuts down everyone's ivy except his own.

I just want to sign ZCs first post. Everything said there:

Great work you did here!

I especially love the medium blue (?) and dark brown combo and i think i might try this with some maersk blue.. (yummy!). ;) And combining the lawn gnome with the series 1 forestman torso turns out very very nice..!

Of all the great details there is one tiny thing that bothers me: I dislike the double windows on the left side of the gardeners house. I think, a brick in between would have made the thing a bit better. But thats critique on a very high level.. :)

Best regards!

mikey: next up is my trying some forced perspecitive. Think Rohan, think white lillies and you are pretty close to what my next moc will be :wink:

Oh dear, if I recall, the white lilies around Rohan were most prominent when King Theoden was mourning his son.

I don't want Quinn to die! :sing:

Most excellent work de Gothia. Like Z said, I feel you could have added more to the gray roof, however its good to see you experimenting with these things. I can see you were going for a more old run down look for that building, so it does work.

Nice to have some more Albion builds, its I must get round to myself.

Great work, another fine addition to Avalonia :thumbup:

Thanks again for the kind words.. :classic::blush:

Z: Yes I like the twist when you have to build something with some restrictions as with the plot spaces! I think it was DC that talked about the height in a moc and it gives a more intresting look.

Rolli: Dark brown has to be my favourite lego colour! Just love it and it fits so well in to the history! Looking forward to maersk blue/dark brown combo! :classic:

ZM: Well, we have to wait and see :wink:

DC: Yes, I thought that not every building in Albion is top notch with fancy tudor! :laugh: Can´t wait to see your addition to Albion my Liege!

Great job dG!

Lots of action, I really like how you're making all those characters!

The houses are beauties, they all have nice different styles and angles. The idea off the butcher is very well executed. And the roof of the gardeners' hous isn't bothering me, I like it! :thumbup:

Just looked over this again and I noticed that you have used cobblestones! (I have been waiting for you to use that)

\once again great work, the roof suits the building IMO :thumbup:

=Dangerous Dave=