LuxorV

Microscope MOC

Hi there, I just wanted to share a simple MOC I made a few weeks ago.

Working on my PhD, I use a binocular microscope (Leica MZ 6, for anyone interested), and one day I decided to try and make a LEGO version of it.

microscope_001.jpg

(click to see the gallery)

And here is its actual form, in use for high resolution, very very important paleontological studies :laugh:

post-1771-1266395172.jpg

Comments and critics are welcome :classic:

Very interesting Very clever Very good - 'RasV' !

You caught every detail possible to relayed it in Lego !

I'm a conformist! ! :classic:

Indeed very simple, but yet also very good to fit in minifig scale RasV :wacko:

Always great to get a referance picture, and I am interested in what the real thing is called.

Even though it doesn´t mean a thing to me, nore will I remember it, but it adds a fun fact about the MOC :thumbup:

Very interesting Very clever Very good - 'RasV' !

You caught every detail possible to relayed it in Lego !

I'm a conformist! ! :classic:

Thank you, lightningtiger! I do my best :sweet:

Indeed very simple, but yet also very good to fit in minifig scale RasV :wacko:

Always great to get a referance picture, and I am interested in what the real thing is called.

Even though it doesn´t mean a thing to me, nore will I remember it, but it adds a fun fact about the MOC :thumbup:

I'm glad you appreciate the little 'meta-data' (or simply extra description details) I added. I too like it when builders link to reference material: I think it adds a better insight on the origin of a model and helps undertand the use of some techniques.

Nice MOC.

If I ever do an update to my crime lab, I will put one of these in :)

Fell free to use it :thumbup:

Wow, that's so simple. Great job nonetheless, and good luck on your PhD :classic:

Thank you, prateek. Actually, I defended my PhD thesis on the 5th of February, so now I'll need luck to find a new job :laugh:

Looks fairly accurate. But why can you use this? I think it looks like a microscope :grin:

Simply because I didn't think about it :blush:

That, and because the two pieces I have in that shape are one in Dark Grey and the other in Dark Turquoise, which would stand out quite a bit when compared to the original item :grin:

LuxorV

Simple and great! So real! I loved it!

Regards

This is super! I wish there were more useful little things like this out there. :classic:

Thanks both for the feedback. I like this kind of MOCs, so I may try some other items in the future :wink:

LuxorV