heryx

LDCAD model export part list always incorrect

Hi Guy

Currently i am trying to make some simply model and export parts list via "BrickStock" but i find a serious problem for choosing a correct part.

Example in LDCAD:

2 x 2 brick have 3003 & u8101, >>>> if i use u8101 , the part can't read by BrickStock

2 x 2 plate have 3022 & 94148. >>>> if i use 94148 , the part can't read by BrickStock

1 x 6 Tile have 6636 & 63324 >>>> if i use 63324, the part can't read by BrickStock

Above just a example and much more on my test model have this situation, what i only can do is replace the parts manually when BrickStock report problem. it will waste so many time

Anyone know how it should be? i can't remember each correct part number when i need it. or do i need to confirm the part is correct and buy-able before using the part? i think LDD part number is more accurate but LDCAD is more easy to build model so far. please give me some suggestion.

one last question is parts number 74573 in LDCAD, i can't find the part available in BrickLink!!

Please advise me

Many thanks

u8101 is a Minitalia part, not pure LEGO, it’s LDraw name is “Brick 2 x 2 Miniatalia with Underside Cross Stud”

63324, 94148, and 74573 are alternate numbers, their names begin with an equal “=”.

The correct IDs are 3003, 3022, 6636, and 2580c01.

Try not to use parts whose names begin with equal “=”, tilda “~“, or underscore “_”.

Well, it's not a problem with LDCad, it's just that Brickstock can't handle the different parts numbers available for some parts.

I recommend to use Rebrickable's 'Private MOC' feature to import LDraw models. Rebrickable's LDraw part mapping is much better (not 100% perfect either, but much better). After importing it to Rebrickable, you can export it again to a variety of formats, including BrickStock :classic:

If you drew this model in LDCad you probably used the wrong part bin(s) or enabled inclusion for them in the general search bin.

Because the '_','~' and '=' parts are not shown in the main part bins because of the reason SylcainLS mentioned.

These parts are usually leftovers from past changes made to the library and or use alternative (colored) part numbers.

The _ and = parts can be fixed using LDCad 1.6 if you don't mind using an alpha version. By selecting them followed by right mouse click -> reorganize\remove redirects.Or by using the file\clean up tool (check all redirects). Be sure to make a backup of the original file first.

Edited by roland

Hi Roland,

LDCAD 1.6 file\clean up tool look like what i need. is this function turn all the alternate part numbers to the official part number? am i safe by using alpha version keep on my drew or i better switch back to 1.5 after fixed all the alternate part in 1.6?

However, I have a part redirected to 3794a, and the number still can't find in bricklink stock, but i can find 3794 & 3794b is available. if i upload the ldr file to bricklink for get part list, the bricklink system will automatic change my 3794a to 3794. look like bricklink system is more clever

Last, is BrickStock the only one program for exporting parts list?

Edited by heryx

Last, is BrickStock the only one program for exporting parts list?
Depends what you need. You've already been advised to look at Rebrickable. It allows you to export to:

CSV file

Bricklink (XML)

BrickStore (BSX)

HTML Table

HTML Grid

You would need to import your LDR file into Rebrickable first, then correct any errors (is any) and do the export you need.

Depends what you need. You've already been advised to look at Rebrickable. It allows you to export to:

CSV file

Bricklink (XML)

BrickStore (BSX)

HTML Table

HTML Grid

You would need to import your LDR file into Rebrickable first, then correct any errors (is any) and do the export you need.

Finally i found that how to get part list via Rebrickable website. Thanks so much

LDCAD 1.6 file\clean up tool look like what i need. is this function turn all the alternate part numbers to the official part number? am i safe by using alpha version keep on my drew or i better switch back to 1.5 after fixed all the alternate part in 1.6?
1.6 Alpha 4 seems to be very stable as I haven't received or found any real issues as of yet. So there is probably no harm in using it instead of 1.5 just keep some backups handy (which is good habit anyway.)

I don't recommend using it combined with a 1.5 setup though as the next version might not be backwards compatible with the alpha, I only maintain backwards compatibility with the 1.5 version (this is the reason 1.6 Alpha's don't have a setup).