Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

Mustache Tryouts

After getting set 70800 Getaway Glider, I decided to try out Sheriff Not-a-Robot's mustache piece on a variety of heads. While it is a fun piece, there are a lot of minifig heads that just don't really go with it. These are the ones that turned out best (or were at least noteworthy), IMO. From what I tried, it really only looked good on villain-y heads. Well, here goes!

I first tried out a few non-human heads. The Chitauri actually doesn't look too bad, but I like the Spyrius robot as a kind of retro Not-a-Robot: 12846299944_0df83d722c_n.jpg

No surprise that the classic Western heads look good with handlebars:

12845878425_13a14994fb_n.jpg

12845862825_8da09811e9_n.jpg

Cedric's soldier from the Bull castle faction works quite well, too.

A couple of heads with sunglasses, with mixed success:

12846293854_97d7420262_n.jpg

Timmy and Vladek work if you pull the head up slightly out of the mustache mold:

12846290594_3486cbe08b_n.jpg

However, if they are flush on the bottom they don't quite work, because the printing doesn't match up as well:

12845870765_6e8d4477bc_n.jpg

Timmy just looks like he is just trying to look older at any rate, or trying to pretend he was never a part of the Time Cruisers at all (Timmy? Timmy who?)

The Lone Ranger can pull it off, but the classic Pirate works great:

12846284904_b72e3ae476_n.jpg

But my favorites are the troll warrior head and the Rock Raider head:

12845865065_6ef025b00d_n.jpg

Even though the troll looks comical (much like Sheriff Not-a-Robot), I can totally see me using this in a castle MOC.

I'm still trying out other varieties. What do you think? Have you found any heads that can rock the handlebars? Please comment, share, and post pics of your own!

See more photos on my Flickr: [/url] http://www.flickr.com/people/101689704@N05/]rodiziorobs[/url]

I thought the moustache piece worked really well using the "green alien head" from the most recent version of the Sarlaac (sp?) hovercraft set. He sort of looks like an orcish blacksmith. I must say I think the moustache piece is really one of the more creative minifig accessories I have seen, I love it. All your photos are hilarious, I really like the old blue sunglasses guy one.

Sorry to bump this one year later, but I could really use some help. I'm working on a big project, and it would be really handy to know what a moustache + Dr. Octopus head combo would look like. Would the moustache cover the glasses or would it fit like a glove?I would try it myself if I could, but those old heads are quite expensive... I'd rather know how the combo looks like before buying one of those.Any help would be appreciated.

Here, have another one for the collection:

jgPvvJi.jpg

Edited by Unijob