Gunner

[LDD MOC] Naboo Royal Starship

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello!

For this Community Build I've decided to do the brightest ship in TPM. I designed it like something TLC could release as a set, similar to the ISD and the Venator. It's based on the scene where the ship escapes the Trade Federation Blockade over Naboo.

Enjoy!

naboo_royal_starship_01.png

naboo_royal_starship_03.png

Side view. The ship is very long, at approximately 108 studs in lenght.

Note: the landing gear is not very accurate and too simple. But, since I can't determine the weight of the ship, I can't develop a more elaborated gear.

naboo_royal_starship_04.png

Top view. I wanted to have the number of visible studs minimal, but didn't want to tile the whole top. And wanted to have a fully playable interior.

naboo_royal_starship_09.png

Interior overview and removable "roofs".

naboo_royal_starship_10.png

Starting at the nose we have the astromech droid holder. I know it's actually in the back of the ship, under the Throne Room, but there was no space. There's room for two droids, only. :sadnew:

naboo_royal_starship_12.png

Next we have the tech stations, just with some computers and tables. A Naboo guard and a Serpentine Jar Jar stay here.

naboo_royal_starship_13.png

Following, a weapon holder and the T-14 Hyperdrive generator. Look at the boarding ramp in the bottom right corner.

naboo_royal_starship_15.png

The cockpit with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Panaka and Captain Obvious Ric Olié.

naboo_royal_starship_16.png

In the end, the Royal Throne Room, with Queen Amidala (Sabé), Padmé, Rabé(or Eirtaé) and another Naboo guard (next to the door).

I believe that the main reason TLC never released any of the Nubian starships of PT is because of the chrome color. But I see no problem in releasing a bluish gray ship, like they did with the N-1 starfighters. Those who'd whant it chrome could do it themselves (it's expensive, I know, but the result would be awesome :tongue:).

Gallery:Naboo Royal Starship (when moderated)

LXF File: Naboo Royal Starship LDD

Gunner

I believe that the main reason TLC never released any of the Nubian starships of PT is because of the chrome color.

Partially disagreed.

Ok, chrome is expensive. And TLG try to use few chromed parts in Lego sets (only 12 chromed parts in 10026).

But the main reason why TLG did not release that ship yet is because it has a lot of curves that are more or less impossible to reproduce nicely with Lego bricks. At least, not for a playset.

I'm working on a Naboo Royal Starship for some weeks now. In UCS scale, obviously.

I think you did an amazing job with this. It's not perfect, obviously, but I could see TLG releasing this - there's a play set enough within it that it would appeal to people like the minifig scale Star Destroyer. It's not over-the-top, it's sleek, and I'm amazed at how you captured the curves and shape. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Partially disagreed.

Ok, chrome is expensive. And TLG try to use few chromed parts in Lego sets (only 12 chromed parts in 10026).

But the main reason why TLG did not release that ship yet is because it has a lot of curves that are more or less impossible to reproduce nicely with Lego bricks. At least, not for a playset.

The main reason is that it would be a huge risk. It would cost a lot to make and would probably not sell well as PT UCS is a hard sell currently. That may change as time passes.

I really like the interior of this model, you did a good job of incorporating all the important rooms from the movie.

Nice job, Gunner. I love the playability that you've added. :thumbup: The only thing that's bugging me is the nose. It seems like it doesn't taper enough. (I don't think those sides are straight in the 'real' model) I'd love to see what you could do if you weren't trying to add an interior. (which is done very nicely, by the way - it's sort of like a smoother, more refined version of how I imagine TLG would've done it)

This is beautiful! :wub: You took a ship that I have no interest in and made it very cool. I love that you added the play-set interior. :thumbup:

Wow really nice job on this Gunner :thumbup:, it kinda reminds me of the newest version of the Sith Infiltrator in it's stylings. I like the little droid room at the front, and the cockpit especially.

Nice work, though the back looks a bit bulky too me, much more brick than there needs to be. Maybe you could cut some of that off?

This is lovely! The interior is done so well as a playset yet the exterior looks so tidy that it can easily pass as a very good display model!

This is amazing! The playability is great, and the way you approached opening the ship is far better than most of LEGO's ideas. Also, it has the perfect selection of figs. I kinda wish this was coming out now!

Man it looks fantastic.. To bad you couldn't do it in chrome.. :thumbup: :thumbup: The shape looks smooth and sleek like the real one.

Perfect. :thumbup: I can really see LEGO releasing this as a set. I have no problem with the light bley color scheme instead of the chrome.

Just goes to show that a nicely curvaceous and slick looking version of this ship is possible in Lego and the play features/interior are a real bonus. It would be lovely to see this in real bricks. Well done Gunner :thumbup: .

Wow, very nice entry! Too bad it's not real. If this was a set, I'd totally buy it! You should add it to Cuusoo.

I believe that the main reason TLC never released any of the Nubian starships of PT is because of the chrome color. But I see no problem in releasing a bluish gray ship, like they did with the N-1 starfighters. Those who'd whant it chrome could do it themselves (it's expensive, I know, but the result would be awesome :tongue:).

Very nice, I don't think it would do this ship justice if it was not done in chrome, that is the stand out feature

Very nice job! You should have put up a comparison as it looks great next to the original.

naboo_royal_starship_01.png

royalstarship.jpg

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

JackJonespaw: See here: LDD Reference (thanks to Aanchir)

K-nut: You're probably right, that's because the interior determined the shape of the exterior.

Oky: Thanks for the sugestion. Maybe I will submit it to Cuusoo.

Edited by Gunner

Oky: Thanks for the sugestion. Maybe I will submit it to Cuusoo.

I think you should :thumbup:.

Just wanted to post and say thanks for the ldd model. This has to be one of the best Royal Starships that I've seen, and to have the model file is just priceless.

This is an outstanding moc. I really do love how you have captured not only the exterior but the interior as well. :wub: It is personally one of my favourite ships from the star wars universe, and definitely deserves to be made into a lego set. It is in my top 5 most wanted star wars sets as well. :laugh: