Sign in to follow this  
Dzoni90

Don Antonio's Store

[pid][/pid] 255C

Local store of the 18th century. The owner is the famous merchant Don Antonio. Here you can buy the best goods.

14680667147_50b0a34239_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

14680585088_7233ef65c1_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

14680527820_bc1cf51a64_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

14680672467_f6a8b130a5_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

From left to right: Don Antonio, his two employees, and customers.

14867187235_a17edb5fdb_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

More pics on my Flickr https://www.flickr.c.../126640704@N05/

I really like the Parrot cage and the knife rack on the top level! There is so much detail in this build and it's all well done!

Nice store, love that parrot cage, I'd say the minifigures fit the interior, refined pirate_classic.gif

Thank you.

Actually, first thing that I made in this moc was parrot cage. I didn't see anything like that before, so I just tried something with different parts and it looked satisfactory.

@Mister Phes

I read something about that, and I would realy like to see a new pirate sub-theme. It is a good idea and maybe Don Antonio could be the one of the merchants in that theme. There are many scenes that could be done with him and his two assistants.

It is a good idea and maybe Don Antonio could be the one of the merchants in that theme.

That would be an interesting name to be sure, but according to Wikipedia the real Don Antonio was a grandson of King Manuel I of Portugal. So maybe we should save him for when we eventually make a Portugese sub-theme.

There are many scenes that could be done with him and his two assistants.

What ideas have you got?

Very good - I also want to praise the parrot cage, well done.

That is: This is a very fine, detailed shop - and the parrot cage is one of the things that stand out!

pirate_laugh2.gif

@Captain Braunsfeld

Thank you.

@Mister Phes

I just wanted a nice name for my store, but of course it doesn't need to be Don Antonio pirate_wink.gif .

One of the ideas I have right now is a scene where Don Antonio and his two assistants recieve a delivery of goods from a small boat at the dock. There is a horse carriage on the street waiting for them and some buildings on the other side of the street. Actually, I am planning to build it in the near future.

Other one could be his trip to the East in search of fine goods.

One of the ideas I have right now is a scene where Don Antonio and his two assistants recieve a delivery of goods from a small boat at the dock. There is a horse carriage on the street waiting for them and some buildings on the other side of the street. Actually, I am planning to build it in the near future.

Could this concept somehow be translated into a LEGO set?

Could this concept somehow be translated into a LEGO set?

Maybe. Horse carrige could be done like Gandalf arrives, with a little more space for goods in the back. Boat could be a classic pirate boat like one in the 6241 or small brick build boat (that boat delivers goods from a ship which is anchored far from the shore, and it won't be in the set). Buildings in the background could be like ones in the London Escape or maybe little bigger and in different colours. Blue plates for the sea without any water effects (1x1 round plate trans etc.). Reddish brown dock made by plates, without tile bricks or just a little.

Maybe. Horse carrige could be done like Gandalf arrives, with a little more space for goods in the back.[...]

You seem to have a good grasp of how to turn these concepts into sets - if you've got any ideas you'd like to share for our Design a NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme Ambassador project, feel free to post in the Set Suggestions thread.

Anyway... Back to your MOC...

There is a photo in your Flickr stream which I cannot directly post because sharing is disabled - but is this an armed hold-up?

You seem to have a good grasp of how to turn these concepts into sets - if you've got any ideas you'd like to share for our Design a NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme Ambassador project, feel free to post in the Set Suggestions thread.

Anyway... Back to your MOC...

There is a photo in your Flickr stream which I cannot directly post because sharing is disabled - but is this an armed hold-up?

Thank you. I have already seen that thread, and maybe I will post something there.

Here is that photo (sorry, I didn't know that sharing was disabled):

14864127171_fafcfd31cb_c.jpgDon Antonio's Store by Džoni90, on Flickr

Actually, the customer just wanted a further information about golden saber which was hanging on the wall. It was a bad angle.

Edited by Dzoni90

Very nice interior! I like all the details you put in there and the parrot in the cage is great!

Wonderfully detailed interior! I'll echo everyone else in saying that the parrot cage is fantastic, but I really just love the the massive amount of merchandise for sale - far more than I've seen in most Lego stores people have made.

Edited by One-More-Brick