just2good

Winter Banner

New Winter Graphics  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new graphics and banner?

• Yes, very much!
    • I'm rather neutral
    • I'm not a fan of it (tell us what you don't like about it)
  2. 2. Do you like the increased height of our banner?

• Yes, I like it!
    • I'm rather neutral
    • No, I preferred the old height

EDIT BONAPARTE:

We are very interested to find out what you think about our new winter graphics and about the increased height of the banner.

Would you like all our future banners to have this height? Or do you prefer the 'old' height?

Please share your feedback.

(poll added)

END EDIT

Is this banner general? Well, if it is, love the new banner. :grin:

Is this banner general? Well, if it is, love the new banner. :grin:

Same here. I love how it's taller. Maybe keep the new banners like that? :wink:

-Sci

The winter banner looks very nice. Although I will say this taller version was a bit of a shocker! I guess I'm just not used to it, but I do like how the taller size makes the images more clear and less cluttered. The figures don't seem stuffed in there behind all the necessary stuff like titles and search boxes on this one.

Now all we need is a new updated Liccensed banner! :grin:

Now all we need is a new updated Liccensed banner! :grin:

I'll update it when you spell it right. ... or maybe a couple of months after. :look:

I, personally, would love to see more of these lovely taller banners. :sweet::thumbup:

I love the new graphics; I'm a bit undecided about the new header height, though.

It's nice to see a good picture, but it does reduce the space for information, posted pictures and so on.

It's about the information, after all, be it text or photos.

Maybe it's because I've been developing (web) database applications for twenty years; the more records one can get in one screen, the better. The rest is clutter.

Anyway, at least it's not fixed at the top of the screen, so we can scroll it out of sight (but usually I just write a greasemonkey script to hide it alltogether :tongue: ).

Edited by Withacee

The winter banner looks good, and I didn't realize the increased height.

Definitely prefer the taller banner. Clearer and less cluttered looking and barely adds to the down scrolling!

I really like this winter theme banner!! Very well done.

I'm neutral about the new height :sweet:

Cool banner, I prefer the new height as well (for the reasons stated above) :thumbup:

Edited by Garmadon

Definitely it's better than always to see the same one (as on other brick forums), any changes comes into advantage :)

This new banner is nice.

I do like the new height, as it shows a bit more, but the old height does work well enough. While designing a banner for the Guilds of Historica contest, I kept wishing for more height to show a bit more, yet I still agree that the lower content is what matters most rather than the banner. I think the new height is a nice compromise, but I also only use a PC or laptop with a full monitor, so it would not really limit my scrolling. For users with smaller screens, this might be more annoying.

I really like the new banner. It really grabbed my attention to look at it. :classic:

I didn't notice a specific height change. Keep the new height. It looks great.

To be honest, I don't even recall how tall the previous one was - but this one I like a lot, it looks grat for this time of year!

I like the extra room with the new banner. It almost feels too tall, but I know how compact the previous was, so it is probably just my brain not being used to it.

The festive scene is a nice touch too.

I like the new proportions. Just that on my iPad, which has a smaller screen, it takes up more space, but I will get used to that. On the bigger screen, it looks fine. Scroll on... ;-)

I am wondering about the facial expression on the elf in the sleigh though..haha!

I am wondering about the facial expression on the elf in the sleigh though..haha!

I used the weightlifter face because Santa's bag contains all the toys for every child of the World and is probably pretty heavy...and he has to poop.

Hehehe! Very, very funny! Never would have thought of using a weightlifter to haul the bags of toys for Santa. Brilliant!

I like the larger height....less cluttered and better for our aging eyes. And some really cool stuff there now that I can see it. Thanks, Hinck!!!

Very, very nice banner - but a little too tall. Or is it?

Would be nasty if it would stay on top of the screen when you scroll down. As it disappears when you scroll, the hight is not so critical.