29247747581_ce1b85d17d_z.jpg

I designed this famous beast for a commission, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! This minifig-scale Balrog was a tremendously fun challenge to design. It has 39 points of articulation, can balance on its own feet in many poses, and features custom-cut cloth wings. If you're interested, instructions are available-- PM me for more information.

All images link to their larger versions on Flickr! Or, to see more images, go check out the Flickr album.

29292925426_bb8f29a2f3.jpg29292924926_48fb4a558a.jpg

28703690004_42dabbc0da.jpg29247745531_2e6effb498.jpg

I appreciate any comments or critiques you may have. Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Nuju Metru

Wow, this looks genuinely nasty and evil! Very impressive. I also like that it has some solidity and playability thanks to the many joints! Also seems I have the chance to be the first to say the inevitable "You shall not pass!" :laugh:

Actually though, it passes pretty fine :classic::thumbup:

It definitely resembles the movie version. I have been wanting to build one for myself for quite some time, but too many other projects get in the way. This looks promising. I would tinker with it and change a few things..

Keep up the good work.

I knew this was built by the "dragon lands guy" the minute I saw the wings. This build is a thing of beauty. It absolutely astounds me that you are not working for Lego.

Absolutely amazing. This is my most wanted build from LotR. I'm still pissed they never released one. I'd BUY this were it available.

Easily the best rendition of Durin's Bane yet!

Well done!

As others have said, I wish Lego had created an official set but I think you've done a fantastic job with this MOC.

Best Balrog I've seen so far! Great work love all the details and how you sprinkled the "fire" all around!

Is it possible to get the instructions? Would love to add it to my LOTR collection!

Nice version of the Balrog. :thumbup:

The DBG really works here.

I can remember a version with only black parts.

Thanks for sharing. :classic: