Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Tongu

13891167506_ca21120f35_c.jpg

13914348423_f5e546a176_c.jpg

13914711524_7790457706_c.jpg

One of the last Saffron Giants, Tongu is the chief engineer and leader of Bio-Klaani's Airship Fleet in Finnish Bionicle-ish story project Klaanon.

This is a mod of an old MOC. I got Chima set 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base as a contest prize on a Finnish LEGO exhibit and used those Bright Light Orange (or keetorange for Bionicle builders/ Flamish yellow something for Aanchir) pieces to bulk this guy up. I added mass mostly to the limbs, reworked on some weak parts (hands and the tummy) and added some details (dished on the knee joints).

There's more on Cyclopic Bricks and Flickr. Hope you enjoyed it!

Awesome! I saw the older version on your site, and boy do I like what you've made it into. The sheer bulk of it is tremendous, and the shapes used reflect the original suitably.

Beautiful work!

When it comes to building much bulkier figures like this has there been a tutorial published previously? I'm new to working with Bionicle/Hero Factory and can't quite wrap my head around it.

Edited by beartrapper

This is amazing! If only Lego could have produced the set like this, as this is a whole lot better than the Keetongu model they made!

When it comes to building much bulkier figures like this has there been a tutorial published previously? I'm new to working with Bionicle/Hero Factory and can't quite wrap my head around it.

Nope, people just build the way they do of their own accord.

Great build, Pate.

Thaaat's massive, I love this MOC! Surely beats the official Keetongu in any way. Like the gigantic bulky feel of it.

You seem to be really good at making incredibly well built and chiefly expressive mocs. I love this guy's oversized wrench, it holds so much personality and gives the moc something to do and pose with.