Sign in to follow this  
Lego_Hero

Pharaoh's Quest Anubis Keychain

I really want that Anubis minifig, but the pyramid is way too steep for me. Other than having a hole in the head from where the keychain connected, what's the difference? Are all the parts glued together? Do the arms and legs move? I saw where someone wanted the golden helmet from the Atlantis Portal set, but didn't want to buy the huge set, so he bought the keychain instead (now it's available in a cheaper set). Is the minifig detatchable from the Anubis mask?

Input would be appreciated b/c I may visit a Lego store in Dallas soon.

I really want that Anubis minifig, but the pyramid is way too steep for me. Other than having a hole in the head from where the keychain connected, what's the difference? Are all the parts glued together? Do the arms and legs move? I saw where someone wanted the golden helmet from the Atlantis Portal set, but didn't want to buy the huge set, so he bought the keychain instead (now it's available in a cheaper set). Is the minifig detatchable from the Anubis mask?

Input would be appreciated b/c I may visit a Lego store in Dallas soon.

Keychains are glued together, hat/head/torso/legs. The arms and legs more as normal

edit: hmmm i haven't ever actually taken the pin out so i may be wrong :)

Edited by neosmosis

On all minifig keyrings there is a centre pin/screw if you remove it the neck losses strength and might fall apart, arms and legs function as normal. You might be able to replace that pin with something else to maintain the neck's strength.

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Doesn't the magnet set come with one? That's still about $12-15 USD, but it's better than 2 for $100 or a hole in the head. (if you ask me)

-Santhor

Doesn't the magnet set come with one? That's still about $12-15 USD, but it's better than 2 for $100 or a hole in the head. (if you ask me)

-Santhor

Magnet figs are glued as well, from 2011's series on :sceptic:

I stopped by the Lego Store while shopping and picked up the Anubis keychain. While it was full price, I bought the PoP guy, Kingdoms lady, and Portal Guard from Atlantis all for half price.

The PoP guy and the lady took alot of work to remove the pins. Actually, I couldn't remove the pin at all. I had to snap off the small ring at the top of the pin and pull the heads off, then snap off the rest of the pin. After that, though, they are just like regular minifigs. The lady's skirt and torso are inseperable and her head and hair are glued together as well. The PoP guy's leg assembly came apart (weak glue I guess) from the torso, so he can be taken completely apart just like a regular minifig.

After some hard pulling, the Portal Guards pin came out in one piece. I'm really happy with the outcome there. The gap in the helmet fin can be overlooked as far as I'm concerned. That little gap is a $70 (or however much that set was) difference. I have the helmet from the new Atlantis set anyway.

I haven't been able to pull the pin from Anubis yet, but I'm not giving up!