user

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

4254609478_891073cacf.jpg

It's a story game like the SWCG or the apocalypse game it basically works like somebody posts a paragraph or two and you follow it up with another paragraph or two but it must make sense and has to follow up with the last post relating to the story. If you join you must actually post. In the apoc game there were several people that joined that didn't post a single thing. Striker is second in command we have been discussing it for a while.

The Setting

In the year 3000 there was an enormous earthquake causing an island to form in the Atlantic ocean on this island we discovered a new type of crystal called zerbite. We soon found that these crystals were compatible with computers and could hold over two Terabytes per shard. It was very powerful we soon colonized on the island mining for the crystal. There was a very high demand because it was only available on one side of the island of Terrel. Technology started growing very quickly and humans became very dependent on it. This sparked the age of cyberpunk. But as it seems the technology went up so did the crime rate. Different teams of hackers and techies formed the largest being the R.A.T.S which took up 30% of the island. The second largest was the Chings which took up 20% of the island. The third largest was the steels which 15% of the island. Then 10% was other not known groups and the rest was taken up by mining.

The Situation

A company called "Solar-Com" the most popular and most profitable company on the island of Terrel. But is led by an evil power-hungry cyborg named Borgiss who has plotted to take technology that is used for the good of man kind to take over the world here's his plan...

since he is the owner of the most successful company on earth he develops a new breakthrough product called the N.E.R.V. A product that is implanted into the back of your head and allows you to type just by thinking, upload pics from your own memory, and chat to your friends telepathically but only if they have it also. It starts out as a $100.00 product then lowers to $10.00 then becomes free. Then after a few years you are required to have it at birth or if you don't already have one. Then the evil part kicks in. After he is certain that everybody on earth has one he sends out a large mining team to dig for all of the Zerbite they can find and starts storing it in the Solar-com headquarters. He plans to drain all of the memories from anybody who has the chip and will be able to take control of all who has one and contain their previous memories in the Zerbite.

The teams (Your character must belong to one of them and follow their style and colors)

4275061101_a2618dbf11_o.jpg

R.A.Ts-the largest group are very sneaky hackers and spies. (Some traitors are often hired by the Chings to steel objects in the vurti-web.) they are very sneaky and are often caught mining underground for the Zerbite crystals.

4275061103_07a40f203a.jpg

Chings-the second largest major group on the island of Terrel. All of them are filthy rich stuck up swine that hire hackers to do their dirty work for them. (Especially Solar-com)

4275061107_6e05b8f36e_o.jpg

STEELS-a group of scavengers and dumpster divers that seem to find a use for anything and everything. Even if it's not very good.

Other-you can make up your own! But please don't have a whole lot of different groups please I have a limit of 3 extra groups.

Rules

1#No spamming, no nonsense, as always

2#No huge side plots.

3#You can provide speech for other players, but don't take it to the extreme. Example: killing them off or making them look dumb.

4#All comments not related to the story (e.g: notes on a MOC) should be typed in a different color

5#Make your posts worth the read, and try to actually contribute (no useless, short posts that don't add anything to the story).

6#You can join at anytime but only after I check first.

7#Use grammar so we know what you're trying to say clearly.

8#I prefer that members be above vassal status with a few possible exceptions.

9#If their are any questions/ concerns please contact me over PM.

Just follow these rules and we'll be fine I want this to be a fun and positive experience for all.

Please post your characters HERE!

The story and setting are nice, ComputerBug, and it's great to see that the SWCG has started a trend. However, as the leader of the first of these kind of story games, I have to advise you that it is very difficult to run one. It takes a lot of commitment from all of the players, especially if you're making Lego scenes, and if it's long-term.

Lack of activity will decrease interest, and the game will die quickly. You'll have to be very committed to pull it off.

Also, could you please make the premise and rules clearer? Is it exactly like the SWCG or Apocalypse? What are we supposed to do?

Just a piece of advice. :classic: I won't be joining up (this just isn't my kind of thing anymore, after running a game for over year), but I wish you good luck with this.

Thank you for coming forward with a new game proposal Computerbug, I'm sure you have put a lot of time and effort into working on this. However, it is preferred that when you are looking to host a game you get it approved by me privately before posting it on the boards here so we can make sure it is as developed and ready to go as possible, as well as being able to be scheduled properly. Since you have gone ahead and posted this already, I shall have to let it slide, however there are several things that I would like to see before this gets off the ground.

Firstly, you need some clear rules for this game. How is it going to work? What do you require of the players? What are the game mechanics? How will it be moderated? Is there an overarching plot to be followed? These sort of simple rules and questions need to be sorted out now before sign up really begins. Now that you have posted this thread, it would be worth finding out how many people are actually interested in playing, and whether it will be worth running based on that. Remember that as a host you have a responsibility to your players to provide a high quality and enjoyable game that keeps moving and doesn't just die, so you should also assess your own time commitments and whether you will be able to host this game to a high standard.

Please think about these points and act on them. In future I would appreciate it if you (and anybody else looking to host a game) would approach me privately with your ideas before posting them on the boards. :classic:

He is not called the "Game Regulator" for show. :wink:

All games whatever related have to be sought for permission from him.

Thanks.

Thank you for coming forward with a new game proposal Computerbug, I'm sure you have put a lot of time and effort into working on this. However, it is preferred that when you are looking to host a game you get it approved by me privately before posting it on the boards.

Oh I'm very sorry I didn't check with you I'll remember that next time. :look: And yes I have put a lot of work into this already I've actually been planning and making MOCs for it for a few months that I'll show later in the game. :classic: And thanks for the advice Whitefand and Jim Butcher! I'll keep it in mind. :classic:

Sounds good and I would love to take part in this. Count me in. I will post the picture and info in a few days maybe but can I make a group in the OTHER section as the army soldiers. We use the latest technology to do everything while protecting others.

Sounds good and I would love to take part in this. Count me in. I will post the picture and info in a few days maybe but can I make a group in the OTHER section as the army soldiers. We use the latest technology to do everything while protecting others.

Umm sorry eskallon but could you make a non-military team I don't really want much military in this like there was in the apoc game. :sceptic: Sorry.

Umm sorry eskallon but could you make a non-military team I don't really want much military in this like there was in the apoc game. :sceptic: Sorry.

Oooooooooh, Ok then I will be a R.A.T with you and together we can rule the age of men :tongue:

Oooooooooh, Ok then I will be a R.A.T with you and together we can rule the age of men :tongue:

Sounds great! :laugh:

Here's my character.

Name: Nintha Fett

Group: R.A.Ts

He was a hacker for the government, turned rouge when he found out what the government was really doing with the information he had "found". He came to the island of Terrel for a new begining. First freelancing to get zerbite, then he was found in the mines ,almost beaten to death by the Chings hired hands, by the R.A.Ts. He is now one of there best spies and hackers and has a hatred to the Chings group. He has uniforms for sping in the other groups.

His regular suit for the R.A.Ts.

4284970951_e54d214d55_o.jpg

His Chings suit

4285714946_520f1a0151_o.jpg

His STEELS suit

4285714912_80193610be_o.jpg

Wow that's a great character Nintha! :classic: I'll add him to the list right now! :classic:

Alrighty.

Jackson Hazell

Group: R.A.T.s

cyberpunkavvie.jpg

Jackson Hazell is what some would call a computer geek, but he's got defense smarts, and not just to keep computers from getting viruses! Jackson has but a couple of friends, including CC, due to his loner behavior. He also only speaks around his friends, and even then he doesn't have much to say. Some say they think he's suspicious, but his friends know they're wrong. His computer skills somewhat help keep computer defenses so as to try and keep out hackers, but his defenses have been known to fail time and again. This is but another reason why he doesn't like being around others, because he is constantly yelled at for letting hackers steal precious information. Also, no one knows what's in the black briefcase Jackson carries around. He keeps a numeral lock on the case, and only he knows the combination. When asked he usually say that the time is coming to open it, and then they'll all know, but everyone just thinks he's messing with them.

---

Yay!

Edited by Striker

That's a great character too Striker! :classic: I really like some of the combos there now all I have to do is buy all those parts! :tongue: Oh and for people who are joining could you think of not being a RAT? It seems that everybody so far is being one and eskallon you can still make a group just please no military related stuff. :wink:

Edited by computerbug

Sounds interesting. I participated and created loads of games that worked similar to this in another forum years ago, so it'd be nice to return to them. :wink:

Here's my character:

Name: Samantha Vonne

Group: Chings

Samantha.jpg

The daughter of a renown family, Samantha Vonne started working for Solar-Com as an intern five years ago. She quickly rose ranks inside the company, and was assigned to Terrel Island. She had the N.E.R.V.A. chip installed to her, but it had to be removed since it caused a severe migrene to her. Currently she handles recruiting new workers for Solar-Com, thus she has access to all personal files within the company. After several workers on the island go missing without a trace, she senses something's rotten in the company, she sets out to find out just what exactly is going on.

Samantha is a very polite and amicable person who gets along with just about anybody, and can talk her way out of trouble in most cases. However, she isn't hesitant of using her inherited wealth to get what she needs either. She knows well that money talks, and money coming from a pretty young woman talks even louder.

However, Samantha has no experience in combat or self-defense, so if she cannot talk or buy her way out of a situation, she knows she is screwed. Thus she seeks the aid of a bodyguard as she delves deeper into the secrets of her workplace.

Hope this is okay! Just tell me if you want something changed. :wink:

Oh, Sandy, with your detailed profile, I feel like an idiot. I've never been too good at making bios. :tongue: Your character kind of reminds a bit of some government conspiracy movies, except you're in a corporation, but something weird is still going on. :grin:

Thank you for joining. I'm sure computerbug's going to be excited that you signed up. :wink:

Oh, Sandy, with your detailed profile, I feel like an idiot. I've never been too good at making bios. :tongue:

Thanks. :blush: In my thinking the secret of making good characters lies in challenging yourself to get out of your comfort zone. You should steer away from making the character too much like yourself or your ideal person, give the character flaws to counter out the strengths, and experiment with different background stories (a loner orphan is one of the most overused backgrounds, for an example).

This is not to say your character would not be good, I actually find him quite interesting. Despite being a bit pathetic, socially awkward guy, he has an air of mystery in him.

I'm looking forward to play with you and the others. Let's make this a game everyone wants to take part in. :wink:

In my thinking the secret of making good characters lies in challenging yourself to get out of your comfort zone. You should steer away from making the character too much like yourself or your ideal person, give the character flaws to counter out the strengths, and experiment with different background stories (a loner orphan is one of the most overused backgrounds, for an example).

Well, not having parents adds to the sad reality of a character, but it does get used a bit too much. Hey, at least so far no one's said that about their character. :laugh:

Also, nice character, and a great picture, too! :classic:

This is not to say your character would not be good, I actually find him quite interesting. Despite being a bit pathetic, socially awkward guy, he has an air of mystery in him.

That was actually the point. His social issues actually work to his advantage. :wink:

Sounds interesting, and I do love cyberpunk... There are two charecters I have come up with. One is a Ching, the other is one of the others- a hippie naturalist. Tell me which one you would rather I be and I will add a bio and a picture.

Sounds interesting, and I do love cyberpunk... There are two charecters I have come up with. One is a Ching, the other is one of the others- a hippie naturalist. Tell me which one you would rather I be and I will add a bio and a picture.

To be honest, and I am aware I am not computerbug, it's more up to you than us. Be which ever you prefer.

This naturalist... what team is he on? R.A.T.s, Steels, or "other"?

This naturalist... what team is he on? R.A.T.s, Steels, or "other"?

He said other. :wink: Anyway that character is very interesting Sandy and quite unique I'll add her to the list. :wink:

Edited by computerbug

Anyway that character is very interesting Sandy and quite unique but is she good or bad? :laugh:

Uh... Read the bio? :sceptic:

You didn't give much info at all on the Chings, so I figured my character belonged to that group since she's from the company. But to answer your question, Samantha is not "bad" as in evil, she just works for the company and finds out that it's rotten. She doesn't really want to hurt anyone.

Unless you thought the company was one of those cheesy "mwahaha, everyone working here is pure evil and want to destroy the world - even the cleaners are armed with machineguns!"-type of organizations, because that would be just... I don't know, childish? :wink:

But it's your call, since it's your game. Just tell me if I need to change anything.

Uh... Read the bio? :sceptic:

You didn't give much info at all on the Chings, so I figured my character belonged to that group since she's from the company. But to answer your question, Samantha is not "bad" as in evil, she just works for the company and finds out that it's rotten. She doesn't really want to hurt anyone.

Unless you thought the company was one of those cheesy "mwahaha, everyone working here is pure evil and want to destroy the world - even the cleaners are armed with machineguns!"-type of organizations, because that would be just... I don't know, childish? :wink:

But it's your call, since it's your game. Just tell me if I need to change anything.

Sorry I didn't read the last part I edited it. I understand now. :wink: But on a side note Disturbia has told me that he is planning on joining nice to see that this is gaining a little popularity. :grin:

Edited by computerbug

Name: Marcus Sulkan

Group: S.T.E.E.L.S

100_1984.jpg

Marcus is a member of the S.T.E.E.L.S. He scavenges from junkfields, mostly to find technology, even when broken. He excells at being a mechanic, and is usually fixing things he finds. He normally carries his pulse blaster and his spanner.

After the Nerv chip was implanted by force, he devoted himself to finding it. He tried to find it on several occasions, but (as you can tell from the scars) he failed twice. On the thrid attempt, he found it. He decided it was too dangerous to remove it himself, so he scanned it and created his headpiece, which scrambles the workings in the chip.

He never trusted the goverment, and grew ever more suspicious when they implanted the chips. Now he wants nothing to do with them.

Oooh, this looks great! I'll have to join right away :grin:

I have a question or two(or more); have the humans encountered aliens yet? Does everyone have a chip at the moment, or is it at the 1000$ stage? Could my character be a pirate (not the ARG! kind, but, like a futuristic pirate)?

~Insectoid Aristocrat