Sign in to follow this  
natelite

KBToys filed bankruptcy

Thanks for the info.

I'm not surprised one bit whatsoever. They closed all of my local stores about a year ago, so this was bound to happen.

Not surprised. While they were smart to corner the mall-shopping market, they were way overpriced and had bad selection.

I know as if the Clone Wars aren't expensive enough? Noooo, they had to add 10-20 dollars on top of the original price!(they are even worse than TRU :pir-hmpf_bad: )

Not surprised. While they were smart to corner the mall-shopping market, they were way overpriced and had bad selection.

Agreed - I've seen some stuff sitting around for (literally) years! Still - its a shame that some folks are getting the news about losing their jobs during the holiday season... Just in my county of domicile, we've had 3 restaurants and 2 "goods" stores close down.

Still - I'll have to go check it out. A deal is a deal (unless its not...).

Any news like this, especially during these times, is a shame, but I can't say that I'm surprised. I haven't seen a KBToys around here in years.

Hey it's not like anyone buys LEGO specifically from KB right? So a few sales are nothing bad, and watch after the holiday toy rush bankruptcy won't be needed(although is it a sale if is marked up and then deducted?)

I was in the US for the past two weeks (my first time). I went to the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets near Franklin MA. There was a KB Toys store... If all their stores are like that one, I'm even surprised they survived one Christmas...

I've never seen legos at my kb toys, all I ever see is *shudder* Megablocks
Maybe you´ve seen LEGO then :wink: instead of legos?!

I´ve bought lots of stuff at KB when I´ve been in the states, in 2004 I cleaned out the KB´s in Las Vegas on 7201 Final Duel II´s :grin:!

CopMike

Maybe you´ve seen LEGO then :wink: instead of legos?!

I´ve bought lots of stuff at KB when I´ve been in the states, in 2004 I cleaned out the KB´s in Las Vegas on 7201 Final Duel II´s :grin:!

CopMike

Then it must´ve been very cheap!

How many did you buy, and how much did they cost each?

Then it must´ve been very cheap!

How many did you buy, and how much did they cost each?

3 sets for $10, about 22 swedish kronor/set at the time. I think I got about 45 sets :blush:. And yes - I´ve got quite a lot of Luke´s ........

CopMike

Everything was 30% off at the one I went to. It barely takes off the markup to begin with. I'm sorta glad they're finally going out of business.

They have filed for bankruptcy three or four times by now... They seem to do it every year. :sceptic:

CopMike

Me too! (Well, not in Nevada). :thumbup:

They have filed for bankruptcy three or four times by now... They seem to do it every year. :sceptic:

:laugh: Seems that way....

I was there today, the store had a "going out of business" sign and everything was 50% off!

No LEGO to be found though(all taken) But lots of M@gaB&%ks(go figure :hmpf_bad: )

I used to get stuff at KBToys when I was a kid, but I haven't been to one in many years now. The last set I remember getting there was a 6975 Alien Avenger in 1997. :tongue:

I was there today, the store had a "going out of business" sign and everything was 50% off!

No LEGO to be found though(all taken) But lots of M@gaB&%ks(go figure :hmpf_bad: )

Same as you KinGanon; lots of Knex and whatnot, but not even one measly LEGO set. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, off to my other local KB...

I waited too long to grab the last Lego set (Bats' Tumbler...) the other day.

How do I know?

My daughter and I were walking in and we went to check out the Cars (she's a nut for those things...) area first. After snagging a few and then walking through the rest of the isles, we proceeded to go check out with new Cars in hand. What did I see standing 2 persons up from me? Some gentleman with Bats' Tumbler!

D'oh!!

I went to my kbs two days ago and they were cleaned out of lego. all left was megabl@%^s. I think they shipped all the good stuff away and then had sales on the worthless crap! :hmpf_bad:

I went to my kbs two days ago and they were cleaned out of lego. all left was megabl@%^s. I think they shipped all the good stuff away and then had sales on the worthless crap! :hmpf_bad:

Yep, went to my other KB close to where I live and there was absolutely nothing. Too bad really, since I went a couple days before Christmas and they still had Dwarves Mine, a Coast Guard set, and a couple others. :sad:

Well I asked an assosciate and she told me when the next last shipment of stuff is coming in

I'll be a KB bright and early looking for cheap LEGO(wish me luck!)

Sign in to follow this