Derek

Gouging...

'Nuff said.

That is horrible. $21 for a battle pack! That is cashing in on a would be inexpensive in demand Christmas toy. :-/

DP8

Edited by darthperson8

Although I have managed to buy 211 copies of this set so far, the clone trooper BP has been a pain to get in quantity for me. With almost any other Lego set, I could just place one large order and be done with it. With this BP, I have to buy it every chance I get, usually 2-10 at a time. I tried placing an order once for 500 copies and got denied. With the announcement of the Stormtrooper/Rebel BP, I'm planning on going ballistic with those sets and the clone BP is lower priority now.

I place part of the blame on Lego. They ship 3 clone and 3 droid BPs in each case. Eventually stores are littered with Droid sets, but have none of the more popular Clone set. Once shelves are full of the Droid sets, stores do not reorder. Look at the Amazon example. You can order as many of the droid BPs as you want, but they are currently out of the clone (which they even limited to 1 per person). Amazon will not reorder the clone sets, until they run low on the droid ones which sometimes takes weeks. This encourages opportunists to jack up the price.

Edited by madoka

Although I have managed to buy 211 copies of this set so far, the clone trooper BP has been a pain to get in quantity for me. With almost any other Lego set, I could just place one large order and be done with it. With this BP, I have to buy it every chance I get, usually 2-10 at a time. I tried placing an order once for 500 copies and got denied. With the announcement of the Stormtrooper/Rebel BP, I'm planning on going ballistic with those sets and the clone BP is lower priority now.

I place part of the blame on Lego. They ship 3 clone and 3 droid BPs in each case. Eventually stores are littered with Droid sets, but have none of the more popular Clone set. Once shelves are full of the Droid sets, stores do not reorder. Look at the Amazon example. You can order as many of the droid BPs as you want, but they are currently out of the clone (which they even limited to 1 per person). Amazon will not reorder the clone sets, until they run low on the droid ones which sometimes takes weeks. This encourages opportunists to jack up the price.

I agree *y* .

I see now.

Although I have managed to buy 211 copies of this set so far...

How can you afford all of them?!?! And what did you do with them?

I place part of the blame on Lego. They ship 3 clone and 3 droid BPs in each case. Eventually stores are littered with Droid sets, but have none of the more popular Clone set. Once shelves are full of the Droid sets, stores do not reorder.

Interestingly I bought the droid pack but not the clone pack. I don't really like the Episode 3 clones that much. If/when they release a Episode 2 clone pack, that one I will buy!

Although I have managed to buy 211 copies of this set so far, the clone trooper BP has been a pain to get in quantity for me.

Oh, only 211? That's alot of BPs :-D I will probaly never buy from Amazon seeing these prices.

I see now.

How can you afford all of them?!?! And what did you do with them?

1. Like everyone else, I work to pay for my Lego.

2. I've opened every one of them. I'll probably take pics once the set is discountinued and my clone trooper population stabilizes.

211? Wow! That's a whole lot of turrets and speederbikes, madoka! I would like to see a picture of all of those sets on one display! I'd think that if you were so inclined, you could make a warehouse or a hangar MOC with ease!

Haha, ew. Quite frankly I cant see anyone buying any at that price :-X

I got a nice little bundle of them off kmarts buy 1 get 1 half off sale. (Given the set was = or lesser value)

So basically I bought 3 and got 1 free = 4 :-|

But, still, ew at this price.

1. Like everyone else, I work to pay for my Lego.

Really? I thought you were a teenager

2. I've opened every one of them. I'll probably take pics once the set is discountinued and my clone trooper population stabilizes.

Well that's good. I think the last time you said something like this, people asked for pics and you just disappeared from the thread...

Really? I thought you were a teenager

I think the last time you said something like this, people asked for pics and you just disappeared from the thread...

I don't think any teenagers would have 21,000+ minifigs. ;-)

I wasn't aware of any picture requests. Here's a boring quickie since they are just in bags, but I wanted to show that I do open my stuff:

clones_001.jpg

I don't think any teenagers would have 21,000+ minifigs. ;-)

I wasn't aware of any picture requests. Here's a boring quickie since they are just in bags, but I wanted to show that I do open my stuff:

clones_001.jpg

*skull*

Do you just have clones or some driods?

Impressive, most impressive! Those are alot of clones. I await to see what you do with them!

Do you just have clones or some driods?

I bought about 100 of the droid BPs. I may have bought more, but I was upset with how fragile the Super Battle Droid's legs were. It is made from a really brittle plastic and I broke about 10 of them just putting the legs on.

I bought about 100 of the droid BPs. I may have bought more, but I was upset with how fragile the Super Battle Droid's legs were. It is made from a really brittle plastic and I broke about 10 of them just putting the legs on.

Seriously, I just had one's arm break trying to take it off yesterday. What gives?

Um, speaking of discontinued (a few posts back) ... when did the Castle Tic Tac Toe become so scare, it's sold out (suddenly no???) on SHOP@HOME ... I didn't even realize they were low on them. :(

Sorry to switch up topic :) Don't kill me admins!

that pic, right in the face of starwars4J. but then again, very very possibly, there are not 211BP there. he could have got other things, like a pillow, below some clones and that is why the bags look full of them.

Why would Amazon poke your eye conf%20(2).gif

You and your smarty little quotes Hobbes...One of these days they're gonna get you in trouble.

Why would Amazon poke your eye conf%20(2).gif

What? I dont get it. Is it supposed to be an insult?!?!

What? I dont get it. Is it supposed to be an insult?!?!

Gouging means poking your eyes out.