timmyc1983

Brixton - My Lego Town

Hello! I would like to introduce my town and show you some photos... I have just decided on the name Brixton for the town and have made a few updates today, altho this is the first time i have posted it on the EB Forum. Previous updates can be found on my youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.c...iew=0&flow=grid and also on my flickr photostream (photos below are links).

Anyway, without further ado, a couple of snaps!

8594847236_5d25d3688f_z.jpg

8594847678_86b4673d39_z.jpg

8593747157_4b5ca5c1c3_z.jpg

So there's a few pics, but there are more on my flikr stream so please check it out. Future updates will arrive, and i have a few MOCs/MODs in the pipeline as well as plan to have a railway all the way around the city, and tiling the road plates. Unfortunately Brixton Town Council is a little short on funds atm, so it may take some time.

Comments and suggestions welcome :D

Cheers, TimmyC

Looks great except for the lack of a railway. You could try raising taxes to get more funds, that's what the $#@#$ politicians who 'represent' me do! :hmpf_bad:

Joe

You could try raising taxes to get more funds...

No, don't do that, minifigs always complain and move out. :tongue:

But it does need more railway, no Lego town is right without one going around the outside. Or a monorail for the more well-to-do, without crashing the classic town vibe.

I do love the waterfront though, it really brings some life and scope to a town. Just needs some more trees and grass (green plate) over the roadplates to soften the concrete feel. Don't forget to make room for your new cafe corner either!

Oh... So many of those classic sets was topping my wishlists as a kid! :D

Nice combination - and I will be looking forward to seeing more :)

Hey, I used to live in Brixton...! WIth any luck I will do again.

Anyway, maybe it's the background but this looks very much like a seaside town. I like it!

Thanks for the comments :D

You'll all be pleased to know Brixton Town Council has struck a deal with the railway network (i found some cheap tracks on eBay :tongue: ) so hopefully the train will complete its loop inn early April to coincide with the opening of the new Cafe Corner Hotel... Of course i will make an update once this exciting news comes to fruition! :laugh:

Nice layout. Almost all the classic sets you have there were on my wishlist back in the 90s.

Maybe you can make the surface of the water area blue (by using blue paper, plastic or etc). Or with a little $$ you can use blue baseplates. :-)

Thanks for the comments guys

Maybe you can make the surface of the water area blue (by using blue paper, plastic or etc). Or with a little $$ you can use blue baseplates. :-)

Yeah i have some paper on some of it, i just need to buy some more, i would love to have blue baseplates but at the moment i am using any spare $$ on building rather than aesthetics, but they are definitely on the list haha

Thanks for suggestion :D

Looks great so far. A nice mix of old and new. I like your solution for connecting road plates. I'm on the hunt for A LOT of 2x2 dark bley tikes.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Great looking town. I like the mix of classic town and modern modular, I plan on doing something similar.

Hello all! Well the Brixton Valley township has had an exciting couple of months! As mentioned in a previous post, the grand opening of a Cafe/Hotel, as well as the rail network extending their reach all the way around the township for easier transportation around town! Altho the Cafe/Hotel is still doing some renovation on the interior, the exterior is pretty much done, (aside from some painting on the top floor, see if you can spot it in the pics/vid).

And some photos: (sorry about the photo quality, some were taken with my phone :look: )

8661849075_e057646053_z.jpg

8662945908_ab581a4be6_z.jpg

8662947026_d46a4339cc_z.jpg

Also, the little town of Brixton Valley has the head honchos of the Octan Energy Company setting up their HQ above one of their service stations, the building is still being under construction and they are waiting on some furniture, but here's hoping they will be up and running soon! You may be able to notice the building in some of the shots/video. Also, there is talk of a new bakery setting up, as well as a couple of other exciting renovations from local businesses, but these are a few months off.

Anyway, i hope you all check out my flickr photostream for more shots and previous layouts and the video i have uploaded to

Thanks for looking and comment and suggestions more than welcome

Happy building :laugh:

You got a railroad! So now it's a proper town! :grin:

It's looking great!

hehe yes the minifigs are much happier with a proper mass transit system on place :laugh:

I have a couple more trains coming soon too...

I've just noticed city corner blending in well with the old 1990's Octan gas station.....perfect colour match. :classic:

I've just noticed city corner blending in well with the old 1990's Octan gas station.....perfect colour match. :classic:

Match made in heaven, but 20 years apart!

I'm afraid it won't be there forever tho, i have plans for my city corner..... :devil:

So, it's been a while and it's time for an update. Quite a lot has happened, many new building, paved streets etc. here are some photos:

9296939605_114d319981.jpg

I really need some grey baseplates to go under the railway line....

9296937599_d17b90a326.jpg

9320279888_f2dfc75854.jpg

I realised I didn't get many good shots of the pavements, but they have been extended by 4 studs plus a six studs wide for parking spaces...

9296961513_224919b277.jpg

And here's the new 'suburban' area I have added, if you remember it used to be a straight line, now it's an 'L' shape...

9296951395_7c2f983b4b.jpg

And here's my sigfig enjoying a cup of joe at the Cafe Corner. He loves this town :D

Would love to hear what you guys think, constructive criticism welcome and there are more plans for the town down the track (when I get some more $$) :laugh:

As usual there are more pics and close ups on my flickr account (link in my sig) and here is a video I made of the town!

Like I wrote over on ANZFOL, looking better all the time 'timmy', your city layout is getting better......Brick On ! :grin:

Like I wrote over on ANZFOL, looking better all the time 'timmy', your city layout is getting better......Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks LT, I have some more MOCs planned but I really need a job to pay for the bricks :hmpf_bad:

You have an actual cave for your lego, or is that some unusual wallpainting?! Amazing.

Haha, yeah it pretty much is a cave... It's in the foundations under the house, so it's all surrounded in sandstone... It's pretty awesome :classic:

Hi all, it's been a while since I've updated, and just today I have uploaded some photos on to flickr of my new layout. The city is outgrowing its base, so the next update you will see some new shelves and an even bigger layout!!

Anyway, here's a few photos, for those interested there are more detailed shots on my flickr account (link in my sig)

10739675626_0c849a05ed_z.jpg

The panoramic view of the main street.

10739693346_c08e45d75c.jpg

The harbour and water area...

10739926733_06c2cdefda.jpg

The main street from the Town Hall end...

And here's a video I made of this update:

I hope you like the update and stay tuned for more over the next couple of months!

:laugh:

Timmy are those holes in the wall in your panoramic shot? From the look of your photos I am assuming your city is in either a cold room or the basement? If so you may want to cover up those holes in the wall or put up something to insulate the area. Lego bricks do not fare well in the cold as I can attest. (mini figures tend to split underneath the arms and it makes bricks brittle or able to split as well.) I would hate for your hard work and money into your project to be undone by mother nature. :cry_sad:

Your town is certainly coming along!