TASTER

Greetings from TASTER

Hello everybody,

i want to say a little "Hello" into the Eurobricks world :-)

I am Tobias from Stuttgart in the south of Germany!

Some of you will remember this picture postet by Shary some weeks ago:

euromap_115.jpg

I am the guy on the right side in the blue shirt (and so one of the two Euromap builder).

You can find the rest of my Lego history, MOCs, and so on here on my website: microbutton_reichling.png

It is in German and English!

And last but not least some will remember my software PicToBrick? microbutton_pictobrick.png

Happy Bricking!

Tobias

Hi TASTER, welcome to Eurobricks! Wow! You built that huge map!? Did you use your great program for that? Great work :grin:

Yeah I remember that wonderful Lego Euro map! Welcome and we're glad to have you here in Eurobricks Tobias! Have fun here and see you around! :classic:

Welcome, and congrats on such an awesome map MOC. Mind showing us the design process?

Welcome aboard TASTER! :sweet:

Hope you enjoy the forums!

That is one impressive map! Also, just curious, what was in the parcels? :blush:

See you round!

CF

Hi TASTER, welcome to Eurobricks! Wow! You built that huge map!? Did you use your great program for that? Great work :grin:

Yes we used PicToBrick for coloring the map and for a material approximation. The 3D effect was made manually.

I certainly do remember that map.

Nice that you have joined!

Thanks ;-)

Welcome to EB! It looks like you did a great job on the map!

I hope you enjoy the site! :classic:

I am registered since several month, but in the past i have not found the time to be here continuous. I hope this will be better in the future!

Yeah I remember that wonderful Lego Euro map! Welcome and we're glad to have you here in Eurobricks Tobias! Have fun here and see you around! :classic:

Nice to hear that ;-)

Welcome, and congrats on such an awesome map MOC. Mind showing us the design process?

I can try to tell it in some easy words:

1) We searched the web for a good source picture of the European map.

2) Then i made some modifications with Photoshop: Converting the picture to Grayscale (lowland in white, highest mountains in black, the rest in different gray colors between).

3) Then we used PicToBrick with the Slicing Algorithm to set the colors: This method cuts the color scale of the picture (from white to black) into a given number of equal parts and you can choose a color for each part.

4) After this we built the map with different heights for each color.

5) 20 people from all over Europe helped us with building the fantastic little sights :-)

In the moment the map is shown in a childs museum in Cologne.

However it will be shown at the Legoworld in Copenhagen (02/2011) and/or at Fanabriques in France (06/2011), too.

Welcome aboard TASTER! :sweet:

Hope you enjoy the forums!

That is one impressive map! Also, just curious, what was in the parcels? :blush:

See you round!

CF

Hehe ... you can see the contents of the parcels here: http://www.t-reichling.de/pictures/euromap/euromap_113.jpg

It is the architecture set "Guggenheim Museum" and an engraved 1x8 brick "Euromap Builder". This present was given or sent out to each helping hand!

Best Regards,

Tobias

Edited by TASTER

Welcome, Tobias. That map is stunning. I wish I could see it in person, but Germany is a bit of a drive (and there's that ocean thing in the way, too).

I hope you find the time to join us in some discussions. There are certainly enough topics to cover just about everything.

Good day TASTER and your map with famous buildings is incredible, to say the least... I imagine it was quite a hit at whatever convention or fair you set it up. :)

Enpaz