Dark Sword Ragnarok

Cayenne Asuncion's Coruscant Speeder

indexed.gif

So so sorry for the late entry, like I said I've been sick with the flu all week and didn't realize the deadline was so soon!

EDIT: Looks like I didn't make it in. Well, best of luck to everyone else who made it in, there's some great MOC's that have been entered.

Anyway, my entry is a Coroscant speeder, used by bounty hunter Cayenne Asuncion and her small team. Cayenne had always aspired to be a part of the Army of the Republic and fight alongside her older brother Adelaide, but when the Republic fell and her brother dissapeared along with many other soldiers who were not Clone Troopers, she turned to a small group of bounty hunters who immediatly recognized her skills as a fighter. As she got older, she broke off from the group, taking with her an Assasin Droid and her partner, Zurich. With money they had collected from other bounties, they built this speeder and hired a pilot.

Now, onto the MOC. It has about 375 peices, and was made mainly out of parts from the AAT set and the Hyena Droid Bomber set. (BTW the red cone in the center is a shield generator, it's off in a few pics. The shield is to protect the speeder from enemy fire, due to the lack of any real cover in the speeder, since it's so thin.)

3407779451_4216b99ca6.jpg

Main shot, without the crew.

3407781955_e05f3e4939.jpg

Front shot.

3407781229_f39916a624.jpg

Top of the speeder.

3407777659_661ff19b23.jpg

Side, with the crew.

3407778527_cb9342a727.jpg

Back shot. You can see the engines and fins well here.

3408587780_bb6546b5cc.jpg

The crew in front of the speeder.

Thanks for looking, hope I made it into the contest, though I understand if I don't.

DSR

Edited by KimT

Great work Dark Sword Ragnarok :sweet: aslo great work on the background story. I think it looks kind of like a C.I.S speeder and a hovercraft combined into makeing this great moc. You get 5/5 thumbs up from me. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, clone killer!

I had kind of a had time with the background story, but I think it came out ok. I suppose it does look like a CIS speeder just because of the color scheme. I'm glad you like it.

DSR

Awesome MOC, but posted too late.

It's been disqualified from the contest.

:cry_sad:

Awesome MOC, but posted too late.

It's been disqualified from the contest.

:cry_sad:

Dang, so close too. :cry_sad: Well, I enjoyed building it, and it got some good feedback, so I'm satisfied.

a pity, this is a very nice moc that could do well in the contest.

Thanks, it is a pity. If only I had woken up a bit sooner...

Shame about being to late, but your speeder will have a place in my heart for an exellent build. :cry_happy:

Thanks, im glad it made an impression.

Maybe, KimT, could you change the topic subtitle, and move it to the regular SW forum, since it didn't make it into the contest? No need to have it here any more, I don't think.

Anyway, good luck to the other contestants. Maybe I'll make it in on time next time around.

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Shame, that actually had a good chance at winning. What I really love is that assassin droid! Tons better than TLC's!

jifel

That's a very good moc, I like the usage of the dark blue bricks, they are some of my favorites.

Dang, so close too. :cry_sad: Well, I enjoyed building it, and it got some good feedback, so I'm satisfied.

Maybe, KimT, could you change the topic subtitle, and move it to the regular SW forum, since it didn't make it into the contest? No need to have it here any more, I don't think.

DSR

I'll move it there.

:classic:

its a shame its late. it is a very good vehicle anyway :thumbup: i like the mod of the assassin droid

Shame, that actually had a good chance at winning. What I really love is that assassin droid! Tons better than TLC's!

jifel

its a shame its late. it is a very good vehicle anyway :thumbup: i like the mod of the assassin droid

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the Assasin droid, I almost didn't include it. :grin:

That's a very good moc, I like the usage of the dark blue bricks, they are some of my favorites.

Thanks, this MOC was only my seccond time trying to work with the dark blue color scheme, the first was with the Colbalt a while back. Funny, I almost grimace at the pics of all those MOC's, and its been less than a year. Personally, I think my skills have improved quite a bit in the last year. Not trying to brag or anything, just making a comment. :wink:

I'll move it there.

:classic:

Thanks a bunch KimT. Much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, and to those who've checked it out on my Flickr account too!

DSR

This is an awesome concept, very well executed, even if it didn't make the deadline. The backstory and minifigs add depth to an already quality model.

Yeah, DSR did really well with this MOC and I am sure other members are quite happy he didn't make it in time for the contest as this would have whipped in quite a few votes in my opnion.

(a long sentence, I know...consider it a test of your reading skills :tongue:)

This is an awesome concept, very well executed, even if it didn't make the deadline. The backstory and minifigs add depth to an already quality model.

Thanks, a lot of times the figs/backstorys are my strongest points. I find it adds a lot of color to the MOC when people read through them and look at the pictures. It all sort of blends together and adds so much more depth, like you said. If you do it right, that is. :wink:

Yeah, DSR did really well with this MOC and I am sure other members are quite happy he didn't make it in time for the contest as this would have whipped in quite a few votes in my opinion.

(a long sentence, I know...consider it a test of your reading skills :tongue:)

Thanks a bunch, KimT. It's always good to hear stuff like that coming from higher-up members/Mods/Admins. :grin: Knowing that others can breath easy when your MOC doesn't make it into the voting is almost like winning, but without the prize. :laugh: Anyway, glad to hear you think I would've done well in the voting, it means alot.

I've been sort of planning to move my MOC's/storyline/comic(as sporatic as it is) into the kind of in-between Era after the Clone Wars and before the events of Ep. IV. Short time spread, I know, but I think it has a lot of potential for bounty hunter characters such as these, and for a slightly bigger Jedi Rebellion than the canon one. Besides, I have a few twists for the end of the CW era for my sigfig and a few of his fellow Jedi I've been itching to expand on. :wink:

Hopefully, with the school year coming to an end, I'll be able to MOC more and get pics up more frequently. I'm dying to expand on my comic storyline!

DSR

What a beauty. Both the backstory and the MOC are well executed. I simply love this, 'tis a real shame that it was disqualified, it would have gone so far... Also, I'm amazed nobody commented on the (shot?)gun that Cayenne(?) is holding, looks great.

Hope to see more great stuff, or, as we said 2 years ago KUTGW! (Keep Up The Great Work!)

CT

What a beauty. Both the backstory and the MOC are well executed. I simply love this, 'tis a real shame that it was disqualified, it would have gone so far... Also, I'm amazed nobody commented on the (shot?)gun that Cayenne(?) is holding, looks great.

Hope to see more great stuff, or, as we said 2 years ago KUTGW! (Keep Up The Great Work!)

CT

Thanks! Yes, BTW it is a shotgun. I saw the idea somewhere on Flickr a while back, I believe, and made one for myself. a bit fragile, but its a beauty in brick-built weaponry in my eyes! :wub:

Thanks for the incouragement CT, hopefully you'll be seeing more from me in the near future!

DSR

Thanks! Yes, BTW it is a shotgun. I saw the idea somewhere on Flickr a while back, I believe, and made one for myself. a bit fragile, but its a beauty in brick-built weaponry in my eyes! :wub:

Thanks for the incouragement CT, hopefully you'll be seeing more from me in the near future!

DSR

You bet its a brick built beauty! Also, I would love to see more from you in the future! After this 'little' MOC, I'm sure whatever you come up with next will be just as amazing! No pressure, though.

CT

Very nice speeder! I like how you have included the new power miner minifig as well. Great MOC!

LegoKing

You bet its a brick built beauty! Also, I would love to see more from you in the future! After this 'little' MOC, I'm sure whatever you come up with next will be just as amazing! No pressure, though.

CT

Thanks, CT! I've actually started working on some new stuff already, I'm starting to like the era I based this MOC on. Right now, I'm going for... lets just say, expect to see some speederbikes from me. :wink: I like some designs I've seen already for speederbikes, including the one Lars designed. I'm working on one based on his design, but the rest will be mostly my design, with some inspiration from other MOCer's. (Unfortunately, I only can find the parts for one built off Lars' basic design. :hmpf: Otherwise I would build more!) Oh yea, and I'm also working on some more rebellion Jedi for this little in-between era, so expect to see them, and maybe even new versions of some of my old figs!

Very nice speeder! I like how you have included the new power miner minifig as well. Great MOC!

LegoKing

Thanks, I just love the new PM figs, I couldn't resist using those helmets!

DSR

I like the use of of the sepratist colours on this ship! the engine at the bag is a nice detail aswell

Very good job! Nice use of the pieces. I was wondering, what did you do for the weapons of the crew? Five thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the use of of the sepratist colours on this ship! the engine at the bag is a nice detail aswell

Thanks. I like the engine too. :wink:

Very good job! Nice use of the pieces. I was wondering, what did you do for the weapons of the crew? Five thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. For the Assassin Droid's rifle, all I did was slide a technic connector piece on the barrel of a SW rifle, and added a minifig hand to the bottom for the clip/forward grip. The double-shotty is two old rifle barrels in a minifig binocular piece with an exoforce hand for a handle, and a minifig hand on the end. The biggest gun is a SAW, or squad assault weapon. It's a regular SW blaster with a minifig binocular piece on the end, with a t joint in the bottom part of the binocular piece. Then there is 2 robot arms connected to the t joint and connected with a cut piece of tubing right behind the scope of the blaster.

2940049801_8a95e3bd13_o.jpg

Hope that helps you. :grin:

Suh-weet!

Hehe, Power Miner driver, eh? :wink:

-Striker

Thanks. Coundn't help but use a PM fig, I have 2 and they're just sitting on my desk. Gotta get some use outta them, right? :wink:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

You are very imaginative with your weapons. Check out my 'Clone Flamethrower' on the first or second page. I will up load a second batch of weapons soon.

Cool speeder (more feedback, less advertising) and a great design and great brick-building. Awesome!!! :thumbup: