Darth Yogi

LEGO Pirate Photography

I searched and couldn't find a topic for this, and thought it was well needed.

So everybody can post any photography relating to LEGO pirates in this forum.

So here are some of my photos to start it off. Mostly just some close ups.

5559509107_aed3d9af37.jpg

5559509487_6b399080f1.jpg

5560086502_6c0e664644.jpg

5560087296_ba4f9e8e9c.jpg

So I hope many people use and enjoy this topic, as I know I have enjoyed these kinds of topics in other themes.

Edited by Phred
I added "No MOCs please" to the subtitle to be clear on this thread's intent.

Love the custom bicorne hat of the officer and the gray zombie-style head of the pirate captain! The new-style skull-and-crossbones on the pirate's head looks a little too cartoonish for me, though, but i guess it works with the bland undead expression on his face :pir-classic:

So everybody can post any photography relating to LEGO pirates in this forum.

I like your customs. The pirate hat may be a little cartoonish but it looks very professional :thumbup:

But I don't really see the point of this thread being a "lego photography" thread.

I mean, isn't the entire MOC forum there so we can share any photography relating to LEGO Pirates?

What exactly is the added value of this thread?

I get where you're coming from Croissant, but if you check out the Star Wars photography thread that this thread is based on, it's for more artistic shots using LEGO (mostly figs) as a photographic medium. I personally think it's a great idea. :)

smokebelch, those are just great! The Jack one is my favourite! Great lighting! :thumbup:

I love all these LEGO Photography threads on the other boards. So to me it´s great that the Pirates forum now also has one.

Here is my first contribution

Imperial2.jpg

Love the custom bicorne hat of the officer and the gray zombie-style head of the pirate captain!

Isn't it the Anakin Skywalker head? :pirate_skel1:

As Zuloo mentioned, there typically won't be any MOCs in these pics and they usually don't have to be custom figs either. Primarily a photo of a fig with a cool background to show off our photo skills (from what i've seen in the similar threads in other forums).

I like your customs. The pirate hat may be a little cartoonish but it looks very professional :thumbup:

But I don't really see the point of this thread being a "lego photography" thread.

I mean, isn't the entire MOC forum there so we can share any photography relating to LEGO Pirates?

I see what you are saying but this thread is more for pictures of figures only. I mean it's not restricted to that, but it has been a big hit in other sub-forums, particularily Star Wars. The thread is half photography and half Pirate minifigures, smokebelch is a perect example of how a standard figure can practically look like art.

I would advise anyone wanting to post a MOC to do so in the Pirate MOC forum, but single shots of Pirate minifigures fit perfectly in here since they don't really need a thread of their own.

"When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I’m Captain Jack Sparrow"

5643921271_e7521a349e.jpg

Edited by WampaStompa

I see what you are saying but this thread is more for pictures of figures only. I mean it's not restricted to that, but it has been a big hit in other sub-forums, particularily Star Wars. The thread is half photography and half Pirate minifigures, smokebelch is a perect example of how a standard figure can practically look like art.

Ah that's a good explanation. Now I understand.

Then I think it's a very good idea. I already see a few awesome pictures here, especially WampaStompa's :thumbup:

I know that this post is for photography, but the last two were about funny things... so, I stick on that...

arrr.jpg

sushi.jpg

swimm.jpg

vikings.jpg

wolves.jpg

That last one was great Brig. Brick. :pir_laugh2: Nice use of Castle in Pirates.

thanks!

I forget the last one I did

hi5.jpg

I decided to use a colored background for the first time, and I really like how it turned out.

Here are some POTC pictures I took. Enjoy!

5658942759_96ac7f4703.jpg

5659514624_689a6298cb.jpg

Thanks or looking. Hope you enjoyed. Please C&C.

Check out my other photos on Flickr.

Nice pics yogi! Seeing as you have the Isla de Muerta set (I'm getting it tomorrow in the mail), I was wondering about the scabbard on the skeleton Barbossa. Is it looser than on the normal figs, or does it fit on well. I'm just worried that it will move around a lot on his shoulder.

Nice pics yogi! Seeing as you have the Isla de Muerta set (I'm getting it tomorrow in the mail), I was wondering about the scabbard on the skeleton Barbossa. Is it looser than on the normal figs, or does it fit on well. I'm just worried that it will move around a lot on his shoulder.

Thanks. It's actually very loose, which is somewhat of a dissapointment. But I can live with it since it's a great part on regular figs.

Thanks. It's actually very loose, which is somewhat of a dissapointment. But I can live with it since it's a great part on regular figs.

Ya, I thought so. I tried an Indy sachel on one of my Ninjago skellies and it was quite loose. But, I'll probably end up not really using the skellie Barbossa, and use his scabbard for someone else. Can't wait for tomorrow! :pir-cry_happy: