1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone,

I am pretty excited, when I bought one of my first Atlantis set, where new underwater divers are introduced in this exciting new theme. This time, the divers are trained to fight against the legendary Atlantis Sea Creatures and searching for rare treasures in submerged cities as well. This impulse set is the beginning of this wonderful new theme.

Name: Sea Jet

Theme: LEGO System / Atlantis

Year: 2010

Pieces: 23

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$3.49, GBP 2.49, SGD$6.90

Resources: Brickset, Peeron, BrickLink

An image of a 8072, Sea Jet

1~6.jpg

Sea Jet 001 reporting for Atlantis expedition

8~6.jpg

The Sea Jet is the smallest diving sea unit inside the Atlantis and is also one of the smallest set inside the Atlantis theme, followed by the 8073 Manta Warrior. For collectors whom are not completely into the Atlantis theme, getting this impulse set will serve as a very useful sampling set for someone whom wants to play and handle with the new minifigure. In this case, I bought this set with this thought in mind.

Instruction Manual and Contents polybags

2~7.jpg

Most of the time, this is the kind of content which you are likely to find inside an impulse set. Other than that, you can challenge yourself, like what our Eurobricks member, Toa of Justice has done inside the bag building challenge, in here.

Atlantis Diver

normal_3~6.jpg

This is the standard issue diving suit, which is meant for deep ocean diving expedition. This is also definitely not the usual looking diving suit. The suit itself is configured with lime and metallic looking colours, with the Atlantis logo at his left leg. The complicated looking breathing apparatus enable the diver to survive in long hours under the ocean, withstanding the extreme cold harsh temperature.

Oh, I forget to take a picture of the diver's headpiece. There is a dual expression indicating a scared looking expression on the other side. This is a new minifigure head expression which was not produced before. :wub:

Comparison against our Aqua Raiders associates

4~7.jpg

5~7.jpg

As you can see, both of them has different grade of breathing apparatus. The visors used, for the Atlantis diver is much hardened compared to the light blue goggles. Even the flippers and suits, are made of different colours to match the overall expedition objective. As you can see, the oxygen tank used for the Atlantis diver is twice the amount of oxygen compared to our Aqua Raiders counterpart, which meant, the depth and duration that the Atlantis diver experiences, are much dangerous.

Different angles of the Sea Jet

12~2.jpg

The Sea Jet is a simple looking construction, which made use of a motor engine to power the jet that gave the diver more propeller power to navigate the area with ease. The diver must hold onto the handle tightly, and the arm in front is to grab hold of items which is of great interest to the exploration party. The light at the side of the jet aids the diver to view its surroundings with optimum light, so they know what danger is ahead of them.

Spare parts

7~7.jpg

He is ready for his first mission...

11~2.jpg

An interesting and simple impulse set for collectors whom are not ready to go into Atlantis theme. This set is very affordable for collectors to purchase the new Atlantis diver minifigure for a very reasonable price, where you are able to obtain the new headpiece and accessories in terms of diving equipment to add into your own minifigure collection. The parts itself for the Sea Jet is pretty alright. The built is simple, and you probably buy this set, mainly to increase the amount of Atlantis Diver. Other than that, it's still a fun jet to play with. :tongue:

Please note that the orange hairpiece is not included inside this impulse set. :blush:

Off he goes, together with the Aqua Raider, Deep Sea Treasure Hunter

9~5.jpg

Summary review

Playability: 6/10 (Not much of playability of its own, but you could use it together with the rest of the bigger Atlantis sets.)

Design: 6/10 (The design of the Sea Jet is average, but the main reason for getting this set, is still the diver.)

Price: 8/10 (For the price of an impulse set, I think its still affordable to buy it for its minifigure.)

Overall: 6.7/10 (A good impulse set for someone whom wants to try out the new Atlantis theme without spending too much money.)

I gave it a "3" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Thanks for the small review WhiteFang!

I think that this is a great start to the Atlantis theme (although, you can say the same thing for every other impulse set :tongue:). You get a fully equipped diver minifig with some very detailed printing, and a neat little vehicle to go with him! Much better than the Manta Warrior set, IMO (the manta warrior is very cool, though). :thumbup:

Oh, and I'd like to point out that you placed an extra piece onto the sea jet. See that 1 x 1 light bluish-grey round plate that the light (the black plate, not sure what to call it) is on? That's not supposed to be there. :wink:

I also messed that part up when I first built the set. :grin:

I much preferred the Manta minifig set to this, and didn't take the chance to buy this. It looks alright, but I just didn't want a diver on a sea-jet more than a Manta-man. Still, for five bucks, it's not too much, and I was kind of dumb to not pick it up when I had the chance.

Thanks for the review, Whitie!

This is better than that Manta one ! :grin:

Cute and cool sea jet - excellent minifig too ! :thumbup:

Great review 'WhiteFang' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks guys! Hopefully, I could buy a little bit more Altantis sets to build and review. :sweet:

Oh, and I'd like to point out that you placed an extra piece onto the sea jet. See that 1 x 1 light bluish-grey round plate that the light (the black plate, not sure what to call it) is on? That's not supposed to be there. :wink:

I also messed that part up when I first built the set. :grin:

Eh, maybe I have not exactly seen the one I build, but I still don't get where I have done wrong? :blush:

I much preferred the Manta minifig set to this, and didn't take the chance to buy this. It looks alright, but I just didn't want a diver on a sea-jet more than a Manta-man. Still, for five bucks, it's not too much, and I was kind of dumb to not pick it up when I had the chance.

Is it much expensive in Japan compared to Canada, to buy this impulse set? I will encourage you to buy the Manta Warrior for the sake of collecting this new figure. You never knows when you will ever needs it. :wink:

Thank you for the review. I struggle to make a vote that is not strongly biased, Outstanding this little set is, mostly because of the diving head gear and visor :-)

Eh, maybe I have not exactly seen the one I build, but I still don't get where I have done wrong? :blush:
I've circled in yellow the extra part in one of your pictures:

whitefang_extrapart_8072.jpg

:wink:

It's not really significant and does not change much on the model, but I thought that I'd point it out. :classic:

It's not really significant and does not change much on the model, but I thought that I'd point it out. :classic:

Ouch! You are right! Thanks for circling it out for me. :blush:

Nice Review White Fang!

How are the wings and stuff attached to the body of it though?

Thanks,

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I voted average because it's not much more than a minifig. But I loved the review and I'd like to see more of the comparision set.

Nice review WF. I picked up one of these little bad boys a few weeks ago, but I haven't opened yet (being in City mode right now). I like these little "stocking stuffer" sets and overall, it has a neat little design. I like the fact that your review pictures the set with the AquaRaiders vehicle for comparison. Thanks for sharing! :classic:

How are the wings and stuff attached to the body of it though?

Basically, it made use of this and connect this part together. The studs and wings are attached as followed. Hope you understand what I am trying to relate.

Nice review WF. I picked up one of these little bad boys a few weeks ago, but I haven't opened yet (being in City mode right now). I like these little "stocking stuffer" sets and overall, it has a neat little design. I like the fact that your review pictures the set with the AquaRaiders vehicle for comparison. Thanks for sharing! :classic:

Thanks Brickster! I am glad you enjoyed this small review of mine. I never thought you could be interested in the Atlantis, and knowing your liking, I always thought you are only interested in Divers and, perhaps Aqua Raiders. It's a pretty good set to start with, provided that you don't buy many Atlantis sets. It give you a pretty good feel on how this new minifig fares. I understand that you are still in the City mood, and next month will be my turn when the new City sets arrived. :wink:

Very cool little Impulse set.

Whitefang... were you the guy who sold me the chrome Vader MISB a while ago from Singapore? (from the clueless guy who barely knows how to use BL :tongue: )

Thanks for this very nice review WhiteFang! :thumbup:

Although that this impulse looks rather simple I totally agree on the minifig points you make here. It is a great and a cheap way to own the new Atlantis minifig and gear and "discover" the theme without having to buy a large set.

The minifig looks very interesting and the new headgear looks pretty impressive. Great comparison you've made with the Aqua Riders one. (What a great minifig that is! :wub:

Damn you dark ages! :angry: ) :grin:

I've noticed something else too. In the pictures where the jet is depicted from 2 different angles, the shape of it looks like a manta ray. I had never noticed that before.

I'm going to buy some LEGO tomorrow and you've conviced me to buy my first Atlantis set. :wink:

Thanks again for the review!

:classic:

Basically, it made use of this and connect this part together. The studs and wings are attached as followed. Hope you understand what I am trying to relate.

Completely! Thank you for answering my question, I see how it works now. I had just overlooked that one piece, but I get it now. Thanks!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Whitefang... were you the guy who sold me the chrome Vader MISB a while ago from Singapore? (from the clueless guy who barely knows how to use BL :tongue: )

Oh, I didn't know that was you, now looking at the feedback which I left for you, the username is pretty much the same. Now, I hope you have pretty much familiar yourself with BrickLink, because you have one last action, yet to be done. :tongue:

I've noticed something else too. In the pictures where the jet is depicted from 2 different angles, the shape of it looks like a manta ray. I had never noticed that before.

Interesting observation. Now that you have mentioned it, it does reminds me of the shape of a manta ray. :laugh:

I'm going to buy some LEGO tomorrow and you've conviced me to buy my first Atlantis set. :wink:

Zorbas, I am very happy to know that a City Lover like yourself is convinced to get one, after reading this review. It really means alot to me. :cry_happy:

Completely! Thank you for answering my question, I see how it works now. I had just overlooked that one piece, but I get it now. Thanks!

No problem at all, my beloved Donna. :grin: