Doornroosje

Market Day in the village of Arod Mearas

(it took some time, but finally finished it!)

A busy market day in the village of Arod Mearas at the central village square in more peaceful times before the elemental mayhem began...

1341858567m_SPLASH.jpg

1341858572m_SPLASH.jpg

Arod Mearas is a medium sized village that is mostly known for the Green Riders training and horses breeding centre and is situated in the middle of large green pastures and rich farming land.

Kariny is going for some shopping at the market on her free day.

1341858580m_SPLASH.jpg

At the market you can buy all kinds of things:

meat and sausages from Ludo the butcher and fruit and vegetables from Elric

1341858577m_SPLASH.jpg

fresh fish from the Draconem river from Finn

1341858586m_SPLASH.jpg

bread and croissants from Merianna

1341858591m_SPLASH.jpg

the finest beer from Gwenna and the peddler Leofric and his son Winifred sell all kinds of things like pots, pan, knives, bottles and glasses and other tools.

1341858589m_SPLASH.jpg

Even animals like pigs, goats and chickens can be bought at the market

1341858593m_SPLASH.jpg

The village square is surroundes by a wall and the Mearas gatehouse that oversees the square.

1341858569m_SPLASH.jpg

Pretty sweet I like how different shops specialize in different things and the detail on the floor is quite nice. I would say it does look a bit crowded, I understand that was what you were probably aiming for but less room for looking and admiring. But I like it what sets did you use in particular oh and I have to get the croissant where do I get it?

That's one nice crowded MOC "Doornroosje". It really brings the scene to life and shows how busy everyone is. Great job :thumbup:

One of the best market builds I have seen yet! All the stands work well, and the livestock for sale is a nice touch :thumbup:

The fig posing is also excellent and really brings the scene to life :classic:

Oh! Very nice moc!!! Great little details and I love that wall with the stair! :thumbup: Great work!

Nicely done. I particularly like the variety of market stalls and characters you have. \

Stunning! A very impressive collection of minifigs you have there. I love the vibe, story, and overall look of this model. Great stuff.

Great job! I really love all the minifig action. Also nice touch on the angled tower and al the different roofstyles.

A lovely little scene with lots to look at! I like all the little details like the butcher's roof (although it does look to be missing a couple of 1x3 slopes at the front?), the croissant sign and the animal pens. I also really like the gatehouse, especially the view from outside the walls. :thumbup: In fact i would have liked to see the landscape extend out from the wall about another 6-8 studs - it really needs a setting to show off those beatifully mottled walls, curved staircase and off-square arch. :classic:

Great market! I love all the activity, and I love how crowded it is, just like it would have been historically. I love the variety of stalls and merchants. You've done an excellent job with this!