8BrickMario

MOC: Willa the Witch's Cauldron Carriage

carriageintro.jpg

When I found my Fright Knights Witch and the body of a dragon through a garage-sale bag of pieces, I was very excited! I love witches, and to have the first one ever made by LEGO was very special. Once I gave the dragon some wings and a tail, I wanted to give the Witch (who has too many regional names) a vehicle. I deliberately made this build very simple, and I tried to use mostly pieces available when the Fright Knights theme was made.

My inspiration came from the large inverted "bowl" piece used in the 6037 Witch's Windship set. I took the piece in a different direction, and saw it as the basis of a giant cauldron! I decided to chain her pet dragon to the front.

The front of the carriage has an ornamental spider (the Witch's symbol) and a crystal ball. Creating the arched "handle" was a challenge, until I found the black rubber hose pipe!

carriagefront.jpg

The interior of the carriage is slightly plush, and is lined with shelves of potions. Perhaps Willa has a delivery service, or just takes them wherever she goes.

carriageinterior.jpg

The wheels don't fit directly next to each other, so one pair had to be offset. I rather like the effect, though.

carriageside.jpg

There's a spooky surprise on the undercarriage!

undercarriage.jpg

Although this is probably my most basic MOC ever, it's one of my favorites. I knew once I came up with the concept for a cauldron carriage, I had to make it, and I like the authentic look delivered by the simplicity and limited parts choices. Let me know what you think!

(Just for fun, here's two generations of red-and-black mages. They go so well together!)

carriagedrivers.jpg

I feel like this could have been a set back in the day, it look so authentic! The idea of a cauldron carriage is just genius, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

The idea is great and it's one of the sets I owned as a kid which is pretty fun seeing it again, I still have the witch just not her cloak or wand :(

I feel like this could have been a set back in the day, it look so authentic! The idea of a cauldron carriage is just genius, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

The idea is great and it's one of the sets I owned as a kid which is pretty fun seeing it again, I still have the witch just not her cloak or wand :(

nice!

Thank you! I'm glad it worked out so well!

You made a very classic-feeling build. Congratulations!

You made a very classic-feeling build. Congratulations!

Classic!

I really love the classic vibe.

Thank you! Sometimes, I guess less is more.

Very nice work! I like the classic-feeling of your creation :thumbup: . Moreover adding some mushrooms was a great idea.