Sign in to follow this  
def

Post your own art

I know there is a creative group here. I was expressing myself in comics long before I came back from my dark ages back into LEGO, and I do illustration and other stuff too. Here's some stuff I did this year.

February: An old fairy tale.

incantations_1_by_naha_def-d399ro4.jpg

April: A tale of life in Japan

comic_heaven_by_naha_def-d3ei56y.jpg

How about you? Any creative works out there?

Wow, def, great work! I really like that stripped down style. I think my favourite is the one with the mummy, I especially like the bit with the stairs.

I have a deviantart page. Since I have been without a scanner for ages, there is mainly photography of it, but I am trying to catch up and scan more recent stuff.

http://a-selina.deviantart.com/

Edited by Miss Kyle

Very impressive stuff def! :thumbup: Seeing your great artworks makes me wanna contribute my own too, I have lots of cartoon and anime handsketches I made some years ago (drawing/sketching is one of my hobbies back then), but sadly I left it in my childhood home back in the province. :cry_sad: I might have to get them one of these days so I could share them here. For now, I hope to see more creative stuff from other artistic members.

Thanks.

I know this is a LEGO community, and not an art one, but one of the reasons I like LEGO is because of the creativity of it. So, I'd like to see what other AFOLs are capable of.

Great work def! Great idea for this thread too!

Here's a little Clone helmet mural I'm working on. :classic:

5655359336_39a9de9ac1.jpg

I do rather enjoy your comics, def. I particularly liked your comics about comics, that one was great. And informative! :laugh:

I enjoy design and drawing, and have a deviantART account of my own. I often get these great ideas in my head, but just can't manage to put them down on paper (or rather, monitor :wink:) right. Still, that's the whole challenge, isn't it? Anywhom, I'll just sneakily link me DA right here and I'll post my favourite doodles here when I get them done. :tongue:

Here's a link to my deviantART gallery. Needless to say, I haven't uploaded much to it. I haven't been nearly as active as an artist since my days in the BIONICLE fan community, and even much of my art from that time period is pathetic stuff I'm not comfortable sharing (you could conceivably get to some of it through my Brickshelf or Majhost account, but I don't encourage you to do so and don't want to be associated with any old shames you might find there).

I liked to consider myself an artist back then, but I don't know if I ever had what it took. Occasionally today I come up with something I can be proud of like my Artemis Fowl fanart from late last year. But I've given up on pursuing art as an academic goal, and that may be part of why I drifted away from the BIONICLE fan community when the theme waned-- unlike some people, I just didn't have the talent to perpetuate my involvement there.

There's some great work in this thread, which has prompted me at long last to scan some of my stuff. DA looks like a great community.

In the meantime, here are some sketches from the past few weeks - I may have overdone it on Rango:

5679085109_87fde77555.jpg

5679645814_50c0e5a113.jpg

5679646276_77286249d8.jpg

The clone mural is a fantastic idea, making clones unique 'n stuff... I am imagining a little kid with a spray can running through the rows of clones and colouring them :D

I think a wave of deviantart-friending is needed ;)

298059190.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305407757&Signature=1vc0SIM45fEZ2VT66Rd2NWzRnkU%3D

Showing off! I drew this today at the Bristol Comic Expo. The tweeter is the comic creator and I drew my dino on the pad at the desk.

I'm no artist myself but my girlfriend has the talent, here are some of her simple works.

166814_195232900488842_100000064018432_771679_6557332_n.jpg

180307_198514906827308_100000064018432_795637_5630390_n.jpg

225039_220807091264756_100000064018432_973289_1568314_n.jpg

227207_221940137818118_100000064018432_980666_3769531_n.jpg

There's some nice stuff here, but my little advice; crack out the ink! Pencil work is nice, but ink is a lot easier to display.

Here's a little older illustration, using a little brush:

Makishi_by_naha_def.jpg

This was done with a brush, and then computer-colored:

beach_photography_by_naha_def.jpg

Last year, I wanted to get a job at Lego, and started on a Lego superhero comic. This kind of action isn't my strong suit, but I should probably keep at it, even though I don't usually like doing "all-ages" art.

page-1.png

page-2.png

cool stuff everyone ^_^ nice to see a mix of art here.

Here's a couple of things I've done

(did this when my computer was having a certain problem >.> )

bluescreenwhitetxt.jpg

This was a small sketch and just did some photoshop painting to it

squaremindnoperspectivetest.jpg

lately I've had a kick doing videogame+music stuff and this is the result of it :)

zeldaalmostdonetriforcewhitedonemaybecopy.jpg

pac-man can't break the habit...

pacmanmore.jpg

castleDEVOnia :D

andwhipitgoodcastlevaniawacomcopyFINISH.jpg

panda!

PandaExpress.jpg

classic catwoman

Catwoman.jpg

Marilyn

MarilynM.jpg

And the other day at a goodwill I bought this etch a sketch animator, my final masterpiece was this:

Watervania

I got tons more of my art stuff here:

http://punkr13.deviantart.com/ (photography,ink,photoshop, etc...) :)

**sorry for the spam of images hehe

Wow... so much nice art in here! I especially like the cartoons, i've always wanted to try my hand at it, but i find the storytelling aspect of it quite intimidating. :cry_sad: Most of my stuff is painting, i'm kinda semi-professional within that small creative area. I actually find playing with Lego to be very good at maintaining my "creative drive" when i'm having down periods with the painting.

I've got a website for my paintings, feel free to check it out if yr interested. :classic: (It's still under construction btw, so some of the pages aren't populated yet)

http://www.gabriel-thomson.com/

Edited by gabe

There is some seriously impressive stuff in here. I have dabbled a little with a paintbrush in my time. I went through a very Art Nouveau stage and painted a few canvases (here is one).

12441_225482454950_522464950_4250431_145523_n.jpg

And one of my favourites to date is an attempt at Pop Art

12441_225450884950_522464950_4250174_4208822_n.jpg

Awesome work, everyone! My favourite though is the 8 bit Dark Side of the Moon Link. Great idea :D :D :D

Great work guys!

My first mural is finished! More coming eventually!

5740446321_260d02fe7f.jpg

:sweet:

Tried to draw Jack Sparrow, but I looked a bit to diagonal on my piece of paper so his face is a bit streched.

5741098716_0aa9839451_z.jpg

Awesome work, everyone! My favourite though is the 8 bit Dark Side of the Moon Link. Great idea :D :D :D

^_^ glad you like that one

Here's some other ones and my donald/superman comic

kirbypistolscorrectedcopy.jpg

castledevonia8bitcopy.jpg

Wishyouwerefiremariocopy.jpg

DonkeyUndergroundcopy.jpg

Donaldaskingsupermanthequestioncopy.jpg

sorry again for the spam of art @_@

Just made this with some lego I bought :)

DSC03358.jpg

and now with some Holy power! ^_^

DSC03373.jpg

Edited by punkr13