How do you rate the index?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below avarage
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Oustanding

This is the The Technic and Model Team MOC index discussion topic.

Place your comments here :classic:

You can say in the poll how you rate the index if you want, but notice it is a WIP :classic:

You can find the index HERE.

Edited by legolijntje

It's nice to see them all line up like this. It's a shame you haven't yet been able to work out how to show thumbnails of pictures that are hosted on flickr though.

You might want to ask Hinckley how he does it, because the trains and town index does seem to have pictures that are originally hosted on flickr in it. His solution seems to be hosting a thumbnail version of the picture hosted elsewhere.

For instance:

http://brickzone.net/images/eurobricks/tn/17854.jpg

The alternative is to get the BBCode for the thumbnail from flickr directly.

5637669519_b7f61f7f9e_t.jpg

The code for this is:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/madphysicist/5637669519/][img=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5262/5637669519_b7f61f7f9e_t.jpg][/url]

If you replace the url with the url for the thread you're done.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Loving the MOC index so far. There are some that i've not come across before. :classic:

@Ralph S

I already asked Siegfried about thumnails from Flickr, but he said it is better to make own thumbnails, because thumbnails from Flickr are another size than Brickshelf, and the most are from Brickshelf :sceptic:

Edited by legolijntje

Grouping up MOC by indexing method is good.

I'm sure there will be a lot of reviews needed to be done.

Reviewing through all MOCs' that have been posted in EB before indexing them is not an easy task.

I couldn't cast my vote at the moment because it still looks incomplete to me. :look:

Edited by Cheng Fei

It's great to see all of these in the same place. Since I've only been on the forums for a couple of months, this lets me see some of the older MOCs that I wasn't aware of. Thanks. :grin:

Nice collection so far, many models I hadn't seen! I kindly ask you to add this model to the flying things section:

4.jpg

Thank you!

Nice collection so far, many models I hadn't seen! I kindly ask you to add this model to the flying things section:

Thank you!

Oh, I forgot something to say: of course your (and all other MOC's) come in the index, but to avoid double posting I start at the back of the forum and work my way trough to the begin. :classic:

legolijntje you dont have to post again and again you can also edit you post and ad the things in that post

Looks great.. hopefully my humble moc might make it in there one day!

Have you tried seeing what the thumbnail grid looks like, if you put a small caption under each one, with the name of the moc, and possibly creator?

eg:

5637669519_b7f61f7f9e_t.jpg

Green Police Car

By some LegoNut

Might not be possible/practical with the forum code, though.. (can it do tables?)

Good work so far!

RB

Edited by RohanBeckett

legolijntje you dont have to post again and again you can also edit you post and ad the things in that post

What do you mean? Do you mean here or in the index? I know I can edit posts :classic:

What do you mean? Do you mean here or in the index? I know I can edit posts :classic:

i mean in the index

i mean in the index

Oh, I do that because then I can link to every theme from the first post, because you can link to a post, but not link to something whitin a post. :classic: