Sign in to follow this  
Dennan

Clark Kent - Superman

My first diorama showing Clark Kent changing into Superman.

Kent_Supermansml.jpg

Not really satisfied with the clear yellow parts showing the movement of Superman, anybody having some ideas?

Maybe trans blue to show the speed of the blue in his costume moving by so fast? I've seen people use trans of the same color as the item that's moving to show how it moves like a blur. You could look at what others have done with Quicksilver or Flash.

I think that a turntable for the inside of the phone booth would be neat. One that's controlled on the side using a 1x2x2 cylinder with grooves. That'd be cool. The blue is a good idea but I think transparent white would be better.

Great build! A warning though: Sometimes the transparent pieces attached to minifigure legs can cause damage to the figure. It happened with my Star-Lord minifigure, and I was sad.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

I'll will be looking for some clear and blue pieces.

A warning though: Sometimes the transparent pieces attached to minifigure legs can cause damage to the figure. It happened with my Star-Lord minifigure, and I was sad.

Has this happened with the squares or also the rounds? Maybe the round pieces are better for this kind of build.

I was using the 1x1 round transparent yellow bricks that come with Star-Lord and Iron Man.

I don't know exactly the reason it causes damage. Someone on Eurobricks posted about it, I don't remember who, so I checked my figures to see if he was right. Alas, he was and my Star-Lord's legs had stress fractures on the back.

I think the member, whose name I forgot, said it had to do with the transparent pieces being made from a different kind of plastic than most bricks.

Maybe he'll see this and enlighten us about it.

Edited by Actor Builder

The trans pieces are made of a polycarbonate that is both harder and somewhat stickier than the typical ABS that is used in most bricks. If you have enough tolerance between the pieces they will fit, but if the pieces are too tight they can become stuck or worse yet, break off if you apply enough force. This concept applies for those damn super jumpers when they crack the poor minifigures legs. You can test this unique quality of polycarbonate by inserting a 3mm trans rod or flagpole through a trans cone with the 3mm hole. They should be very difficult to seperate, as is the nature of the material.