Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

(MOD) UCS Bat-Pod

While, I would like to have a Bat-Pod 100% complete, minus box and such. If 92222 doesn't become available for a decent price soon, I may have to try something else.

I was playing with LDD trying to come up with a solution.

ucs_bat-pod_1.jpg

ucs_bat-pod.jpg

I tried to just replace 92222, but, to make other solutions work I had change out a few other things. I think it is a difference of about 28 pieces.

4 Black, 15362

2 Black, 2780

2 Black, 11478

2 Black, 32063

2 Black, 87087

4 Black, 85861

2 Black, 90638

2 Dark Bluish Gray, 11214

2 Dark Bluish Gray, 98577

2 Light Bluish Gray, 4697

2 Light Bluish Gray, 4274

2 Light Gray, 6641

According to Brickstore, at will cost about $9 for all 28 pieces. The most expensive being the technic changeover catch. But, it would still be about $50 cheaper than the 6 92222.

So, what do you think and have guys been trying to come up with other solutions?!

Jamie

Not sure if you are in the US, but if so, here is what I did.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that 44027 has three dark pearl gray 92222 pieces which are VERY close to the black version that is supposedly included in the official Bat-pod. 44027 is officially retired, however, ToysRUs.com still has 44027 in stock. I ordered two 44027 kits myself. Let's hope they fulfill the order. :fingerscrossed:

Also, Lego's Bricks and Pieces has the Batpod tires back in stock as of this post. Anyone interested in these parts should hurry up and order them asap.

yes,Lego's Bricks and Pieces has the Batpod tires back in stock as of this post. Anyone interested in these parts should hurry up and order them asap.

21.gif

Edited by candoege

I had the tires in my cart but I decided to pass. The bat pod is ok but it does not jump out at me. I think I would rather put that money towards the ghostbusters firehouse that is rumored to come out early 2016.

Not sure if you are in the US, but if so, here is what I did.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that 44027 has three dark pearl gray 92222 pieces which are VERY close to the black version that is supposedly included in the official Bat-pod. 44027 is officially retired, however, ToysRUs.com still has 44027 in stock. I ordered two 44027 kits myself. Let's hope they fulfill the order. :fingerscrossed:

Also, Lego's Bricks and Pieces has the Batpod tires back in stock as of this post. Anyone interested in these parts should hurry up and order them asap.

The Bat-Pod uses Dark Pearl Grey pieces, not black. The instruction booklet shoes part number 4623002, which is the Hero Factory shield in Dark Pearl Grey.

The black pieces are part number 4652395

The Bat-Pod uses Dark Pearl Grey pieces, not black. The instruction booklet shoes part number 4623002, which is the Hero Factory shield in Dark Pearl Grey.

The black pieces are part number 4652395

Thank you for pointing that out. I must have overlooked that detail in my haste to get all of the parts ordered before the prices got jacked up. Now I will feel even better about the accuracy of my Bat Pod, assuming I receive all of the parts/sets I ordered.

Hi! I am also building the UCS Bat-pod and all the parts are on its way...The only modification I did was the replacement of the super expensive bionicle shields, I think it looks good but I am open to suggestions..

21962573006_87bf59afa3_c.jpgbatpods3 by Cesar Cuevas, en Flickr