kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

75827 LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters!

Official Details:

Released January 2016

4634 Pieces

US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £274.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK

Official Set Description (TRU Canada):

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.

Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.

Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!

Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.

Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep.

First Images:

Firehouse.jpg

Firehouse 2.jpg

Info from just2good here in the General LEGO Discussion:

- January 1st, 2016 release date

- Over 4600 pieces

- $349.99 USD

- Opens like the Haunted House

- Based on the original films

- D2C set

- There will still be a modular building next year, don't worry!

Edited by Clone OPatra
Added new details!

I love Ghostbusters, but $350 is a huge hit. If it was more like $200 (similar to the Simspon's House), I could get there.

Fortunately, the other characters they could add to it (Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, or Walter Peck) can be made from existing parts.

Sounds interesting, but for $350, I had better be blown away. The question would then be, are they going to keep the production of the Ecto-1 sets going alongside this release? I could not imagine someone buying this without the option of having Ecto-1, and putting the car in the set would be redundant. I can picture the garage, an office, and the place where the ghosts are "held" along with a few supporting characters. It is just difficult to see how it could add up to $350.

Well i'm in but lets see it first at $350 it better have one of the best interiors of any set incl. Kwik-E-Markt!

Edited by (1)Stein

Yeah, I imagine a lot of effort would have to go into the interior to justify the price and piece count. It would be awesome if it was built to connect to the regular modular buildings, but seeing as it's a dollhouse, it won't be.

My guesses for the figures:

Peter Venkman

Ray Stantz

Egon Spengler

Winston Zeddemore (new hair)

Janine

Dana Barrett

Louis Tully

Slimer

Yeah, I imagine a lot of effort would have to go into the interior to justify the price and piece count. It would be awesome if it was built to connect to the regular modular buildings, but seeing as it's a dollhouse, it won't be.

Peter Venkman

Ray Stantz

Egon Spengler

Janine

Dana Barrett

Louis Tully

Slimer

That would be a great minifigure lineup.

Edited by Ordinareo

So like I asked on the other thread: I wonder if this is Lego's first official build of a real building in Minifigure scale. The Ghostbusters HQ is a real fire department in New York which is still operational, and they actually still have some props from the movie. Actually, it would be very classy if Lego unveiled the set at that station.

That's basically £250 in British Pounds isn't it?

Way too much for a LEGO set and far too many pieces. I think they should reduce it to a 500-piece firehouse with four minifigures at around £50.

Peter Venkman

Ray Stantz

Egon Spengler

Janine

Dana Barrett

Louis Tully

Slimer

Personally, I'd rather sacrifice the interior for a more affordable price. You don't need the interior.

I think this is amazing news, as it would totally complete the ghostbusters licence to have that to go with the ecto. An unknown that i would like to know though as touched on above, is will it be sold alongside the current ecto, or will the ecto be stopped amd there will be a version with it, albeit probably less awesomely detailed, or will ecto be stopped by then, and the HQ wont come with one either so its sorta tough luck if you missed the ecto1...

Knowing the hq is coming out actually made me almost buy ecto1, as i think the hq would make it so much more better... But then thinking about the above made me hold off until i know...

This just made my day. I think I will be buying this set. I was considering bricklinking the firehouse that people here have created but now I am going to wait to see how this set looms and I will most likely pick this one up.

I hope it doesn't include the ecto1 and just expect people to buy the existing ecto1 separately. This way, there are more pieces for building details, a large enough garage for the existing ecto1, and no ugly undersize ecto1 to deal with.

It's good that it opens up like the Haunted House. Having an open-back building would make it hard to integrate with modular buildings.

Edited by badbob001

That's basically £250 in British Pounds isn't it?

Way too much for a LEGO set and far too many pieces. I think they should reduce it to a 500-piece firehouse with four minifigures at around £50.

Personally, I'd rather sacrifice the interior for a more affordable price. You don't need the interior.

A 500 piece firehouse would literally not be worth doing at all. It would literally spell out the fact that no decent representation would come out, and for 500 pieces, youd get half a floor, a couple of walls and a few pieces of random furniture. It wouldnt be enough to represent the HQ at all in all its glory, and im saying this as a passive fan of ghostbusters... I would be more than happy for you to throw together a 500 piece design on LDD that would be a reasonable representation of the HQ and prove me wrong though.

For you, £250 may be too much, but there are plenty of others. They have already done a cheap ghostbusters set that has clearly sold well as they have decided to do a mahoosive HQ. They clearly believe there is a demand enough for it to warrant it being that much, probably based on the sales of the Ecto1 but also from the sales of similar sized buildings like the haunted house, and the 2 simpsons buildings, as well as other modulars...

Edited by Fuppylodders

Well if it's worth it I'll buy it. If it is 4600 pieces, and it looks like it is 4600 then that's great. To me the helicarrier looked too small and simple to match it's price and part count.

Edited by allanp

A 500 piece firehouse would literally not be worth doing at all. It would literally spell out the fact that no decent representation would come out, and for 500 pieces, youd get half a floor, a couple of walls and a few pieces of random furniture. It wouldnt be enough to represent the HQ at all in all its glory, and im saying this as a passive fan of ghostbusters... I would be more than happy for you to throw together a 500 piece design on LDD that would be a reasonable representation of the HQ and prove me wrong though.

For you, £250 may be too much, but there are plenty of others. They have already done a cheap ghostbusters set that has clearly sold well as they have decided to do a mahoosive HQ. They clearly believe there is a demand enough for it to warrant it being that much, probably based on the sales of the Ecto1 but also from the sales of similar sized buildings like the haunted house, and the 2 simpsons buildings, as well as other modulars...

I totally disagree. I believe they could easily do a Firehouse set consisting of 500 pieces (or at the most 1000). Just have no interior; you only really need the exterior anyway IMO because you won't see the interior 95% of the time if you put it in a display case like I do. Also: I think for the vast majority of the public, £250 on a LEGO set isn't affordable. If I was LEGO, I would at the very least consider producing alternative smaller-scale sets of this, The Simpson's House and the Kwik E Mart.

I hope it doesn't include the ecto1 and just expect people to buy the existing ecto1 separately. This way, there are more pieces for building details, a large enough garage for the existing ecto1, and no ugly undersize ecto1 to deal with.

Agreed. no ecto 1, use that parts to make the HQ itself better. i think i would trade having it compatible with modular houses for it having a basement level with a small street area above and the storage facility inside.

Looking back over the last several years, it seems they've been experimenting with licensed D2C sets and seeing how big they can go with them. Of course there have been Star Wars UCS sets since the early 2000s, but Star Wars has always been a special case, and they haven't really known for most of that time whether they could do a set from some other licensed theme and have it sell. Since around 2010, though, we've had things like Diagon Alley, Arkham Asylum, the UCS Tumbler, the Simpsons' house, the Kwik-E-Mart, the Tower of Orthanc, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (not in exactly that order, I know, but anyway), and the high end they're willing to reach has continued to go up (which makes sense, as the largest of the mass-market sets are approaching the sizes and prices the D2C specials started out at, years ago).

I totally disagree. I believe they could easily do a Firehouse set consisting of 500 pieces (or at the most 1000). Just have no interior; you only really need the exterior anyway IMO because you won't see the interior 95% of the time if you put it in a display case like I do. Also: I think for the vast majority of the public, £250 on a LEGO set isn't affordable. If I was LEGO, I would at the very least consider producing alternative smaller-scale sets of this, The Simpson's House and the Kwik E Mart.

Why would you want a small unimpressive set over a massive awesome set? We have so many sets, the vast majority of sets in fact are aimed at kids so I am glad that they are making this huge set for adults because personally I think this set will appeal most to adult fans of the original movie. Even if they aren't massive Lego fans, to see a huge, impressive model of their childhood will entice them more than a small set anyone could make. If they make 10% profit from every set, 10% of £250 is 5 times bigger than 10% of £50, so they would only have to sell roughly 1/5 as many to make the same profit.

Edited by allanp

Wow, I did not see that one coming... Price point & piece count doesn't really compute for me at the moment, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Why would you want a small unimpressive set over a massive awesome set? We have so many sets, the vast majority of sets in fact are aimed at kids so I am glad that they are making this huge set for adults because personally I think this set will appeal most to adult fans of the original movie. Even if they aren't massive Lego fans, to see a huge, impressive model of their childhood will entice them more than a small set anyone could make. If they make 10% profit from every set, 10% of £250 is 5 times bigger than 10% of £50, so they would only have to sell roughly 1/5 as many to make the same profit.

I would prefer a smaller set because it would be more affordable. Bigger sets are great but the price is really an issue and until they can find a way to reduce it, I don't think they should offer just a large set. Either have both or make it small enough so it's affordable.