gcarstensen

MOC: Ohio Central SD40-2

Not bad at all 'Gcarstensen' not bad at all ! :grin:

Love the colour selection on this one - real colours from real trains - cool ! :grin:

Oh yeah - great SNOT job to - love the wheel trims on top ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Gcarstensen' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Wonderful work, gcarstensen! I don't visit this forum very often, but your creation jumped out at me. I love the fact that it is so sleek and clean, and utilizes SNOT techniques so flawlessly. You've also created lots of interesting jumper plate techniques and used many pieces creatively. I honestly can't think of anything that could make your MOC better.

Terrific work! :thumbup:

one of my all time favorite EMD models in a really nice scheme how could i resist?

I have to agree the colour scheme is great, the contrast between the yellow and dark red really lifts the otherwise flat grey. I like your model too, despite not being particularly into US prototypes.

Wow this is an amazingly accurate depiction of a SD40-2, it captures the look so well! Definitely a model I will keep in mind when I start building my train layout. And the paint scheme is really well done! Good work!

Edit: I can see where your dynamic brake fans come from, but what part have you used for the radiator fans?

Edited by space6901

Great work on the color scheme. The yellow stripe amongst the gray and dark red really gives this MOC a striking look. Nice piece use with the wheel rims as vents. :thumbup: :thumbup: I also love that you stayed with the six-wide scale. It's tough to capture shape and detail in six-wide, but it can be done and this MOC is a great example of good six-wide design. Well played!

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Great job! Overall solid construction.

But there is one thing I noticed. You need hand rails on the sides of the locomotive.

Oh I guess dark red arms would be kinda hard to come by, but I seem to think that there was either a star wars or exo-force set that had dark red droid arms.

Edited by 3D LEGO