LegoJalex

[MOC] Kid's room from the 80s

A boys (probably) room from the 80s. I got inspiration to this model after watching some 80s movies that contained scenes similiar to this one (such as E.T., Goonies etc) and saw how cosy and detailed these rooms were, filled with toys, but still well-decorated and organazied for the movie.

Perhaps you recognize some of the toys?

15993851216_e9ffc5c317_z.jpg

At first, I thought it was micro built and then I took a closer look. No way, and I saw the sheer scale of this MOC. It is just like a miniland doll house scale and it is filled with tons of details. I saw the Transformers toys placed on the table. Saw the projector scene kind of toy at the bottom shelf. Damn, I forgotten the name of it by chance. The draw sketch thingy as well, hidden at the back of the table. Real cool indeed. :wub:

Very cool indeed. Minifigs may even fit in well as action figures - although an ET minifig would also look great as ET toys were quite big in the 1980s too.

My favourite detail - the blind not being quite straight. Those things never line up right once used by a young-un.

Genius.....the artistic touch of a genius........I :wub: the lamp, the Gen 1 Transformers and the old Viewmaster.......Brick On 'LegoJalex' ! :grin:

Brilliantly executed piece of work! I especially love the attention to small details, such as some of the grills being just slightly up to simulate the frills at the end of the rug and the toys just peeking out from under the bookshelf. Fantastic!

Absolutely gorgeous! It has a real nice feel to it. Love the strips on the wall - they bring some energy to the space, but are not in the least distracting. :thumbup:

Neat MOC, and pretty movie-set-like itself! Nice work on the lamp especially. But I dont recognize the round tile on the end of the window-shade string...

I dont know why, but the scale is really screwing with my mind - it always takes my eyes a moment to adjust!

Edited by Ardelon