Walter

Palpatine's Medical Chamber

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's my entry for the Episode III community build! Palpatine's Medical Chamber.

8138750785_5d4229c247_z.jpg

Palpatine's Medical Chamber by Walter Benson, on Flickr

8138769284_b384334c23_z.jpg

Medic Chamber Lit Up by Walter Benson, on Flickr

8138766458_e01bae5a90_n.jpg

"Lord Vader, Can You Hear Me?" by Walter Benson, on Flickr

The whole structure of the diorama is based off the shape of the medical chamber, which resembles the Imperial insignia. I lit the creation with Lifelites!

I had fun building this, and I love the Frankenstein-esque style of the scene.

Very nice idea and very well done!!

I love the Frankenstein-esque style of the scene.

Unlike Frankenstein, the emperor doesn't have to wait for a storm outside to have lightnings :sweet:

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is very similar to the original scene from the film and you made a very good use of the blue light :wink:

In the last picture with Palpatine and Darth Vader in the darkness, I seem to hear Palpatine saying: Lord Vader, can you hear me? and Yes, My Master. :grin: :grin:

Great stuff Walter; SW Lego, lots of nice details & LEDs...life doesn't get much better! :wub: :wub:

I was tempted to do this for the CB, so it's good to see that you've done a classic scene justice.

Wow, nice job on this Walter. The frist shot looked great the second shot had the floor lit up and WOW. It looked great and has all the details there. You use the lighting well an seems to be a bit of a signature for your builds, as you always use nice lighting. The scene has that dark, sad feel to it just like the movie.

Amazing! This has got to be one of the most beautiful recreations of this scene in LEGO i have ever seen. The floor, the chair, the equipment, the droids, all show an amazing attention to detail. And the lighting takes the scene to a different dimension entirely. :wub_drool:

The operating table and the robot arm above it have that clean, LEGO-ish quality that comes from use of SNOT and tilesto cover studs, which I love to see in creations. At the same time, this vignette has the cluttered and dark feel of the scene from Sith, which is photographed perfectly with the effect of the LifeLites in the last picture. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments.

And thanks for the blog Brickdoctor! :classic: