Sign in to follow this  
mahjqa

Aphex Twin Limousine

4537751950_ba3dc35340.jpg

4537751156_6053b0d1dd.jpg

Made for Team Lino at Lugnuts. Hence the name on the side. The video was inspired by Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker", but as that's not safe for work I won't link it here.

No THAT is cool! Technic fans get to ride in style in this limousine! I like the steering setup, and the fact that at least 10 minifigs can be driven around. :thumbup:

Very nice moc, excellent and remotely controlled.

Is this limo supposed to look this futuristic, maybe it looks like a real one ?

What's the difference between a Lino and a Limo? :tongue:

Great limo! I've got a few questions though.

1. For the driving wheels, are the wheels beneath the outer wheels attached to the axle, and the outer wheels are loose? Otherwise, how did you attach the wheels?

2. Is the rechargeable battery box really that small?

3. Does your steering reset, or is it all manual?

Thanks, and awesome work! :thumbup:

Nice! Loved the video. I don't know how many people fit that special cross-section where Lego meets Richard D. James, but I'm part of it. I don't think the mini-fig is ugly enough to capture Windowlicker era Aphex, still I think you did a great job on this as a whole.

Awesome and unexpected! Thanks.

Front; I didn't have a specific kind of car or limousine in mind. I just googled a couple of pictures to get an idea, and then tried to make the chassis suitably limousiney.

Darth Legolas;

1: The wheels are held on by this part. I simply had to have the spoked wheels, so this worked out nicely.

2: Yes! Brilliant, isn't it?

3: Yup, it resets. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

Def; Yeah, I didn't know about that cross-section either. When I just posted it I was a bit hesitant, Richard isn't really for everyone. Had nothing but positive reactions so far, so that's a relief. (Yeah, here too, thanks for that :D ) Besides, what I'm building is mostly for me. If other people like it as well, that's just a bonus.

And yes, Richard is/was one ugly mo'fo. This was the best head for him I could find. I had more trouble with the minifigures; there's not many possibilities if you want to work with darker skin tones. That's why everyone is simply yellow.

Thats a really epic car! I like how the front looks futuristic, yet has design from 40's cars. Nice editing to make the car look a mile long!

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!

As a fan of both Lego and Aphex Twin this model and video is spot on for me. You are one skilled builder!

Thanks for sharing :)